Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[CSE] Platinum vs. Jin

basic stuff:

5A beats is 5C, so dashing 5A is a great choice if you think he'll 5C (unless he 5Ds). 5B is amazing here. For wakeup, swallow moon oki does exceptionally well. If he zones, pogo through it.

Full screen:

Get bombs/missiles avoid ice blades.

Mid screen/close range:

5A, 5B, and 3C are all good choices for pokes.

Pressure normally and bait DP with 4A. (Hold back and press 5A once so the C DP cannot punish you.)

AAing Jin is risky because of ice blades.

A and B DP can be crouched under.

When fighting Jin do not return to neutral stay on that ass.

You cannot beat him in neutral no matter what.

So I actually have to stay in his face and not approach from the air? Now I know I've been going about this all wrong. I love playing neutral but crap like his 5C and 2D ruins that for me.

having strong neutral helps in this match, using pokes like 5A, 2B, 3C , 5B , and 6A for Jin's air approaches are ideal in this match. 2C if he goes for cross-ups. Backdashing against Jin when pressuring you is a very bad idea, His 5B and 2D can catch it and you'll be in a bad position when this happens. Be patient and if the Jin likes to do 2D constantly during his pressure, dash forward crouch Barrier to make it whiff so that you can punish him for it.

Backdashing against Jin when pressuring you is a very bad idea, His 5B and 2D can catch it and you'll be in a bad position when this happens.

You don't really have to worry about 2D that much when back-dashing. Jins don't usually employ 2D as a way to stop back-dashing, unless the Platinum is being overly predictable. We usually use 2D after a max range 5C, j.C, or after an Ice Blade (the second option being extremely risky) during block-strings, so if you happen to IB either of those, get ready to do a dash > Barrier forced stop to see what comes next.

As said before, 5A, 6A, 2B, 2C, 5B, and sometimes 236A are your friends.

5A beats his 2A, 5B, mid-range 5C, and his jump-in j.B. Max range 5B outreaches his max range 5C and is faster than his 2D and 5D. 2B low profiles under j.C and j.B. 236A can be used to go through his TK j.236C, the rest of the Ice Blades, 5D and 2D, and even Ice Wave if you buffer it during the super flash. 236A can be a godsend when used properly, easy mode 4.5K+ anywhere on the screen off a successful FC.

His j.B is slow as fuck, you can 5A him out of it on reaction and avoid eating an Ice Blade if the Jin expects an AA in the form of 6A or 2C. If he does j.2C to jump in, then use either one of your actual AAs. It's all about the distance, if you know j.B's and j.2C's vertical reaches, then you'll know when to use 5A and 6A/2C accordingly.

Do not engage Jin in air-to-air combat at max range, his j.C rapes you at that range. If he's outside of j.C's max range, then you can try to air-to-air him with either j.A or j.B.

This match is a lot more manageable than it used to be, just as long as you use your tools to their full potential.