Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AcoTan

[CSE] Noel vs. Tsubaki

noelvstsubaki_mubanner.png

Match Up Ranking: TBA

Recommended Playstyle: Cautious Rushdown

Your Best Tools:

4D -

5B -

General Strategy: To Be Discussed

Has A DP?: 623X A Projectile Type DP that hits in front of her. A version has start-up invincibility, B version has invincibility in the middle, and D version has invincibility until the hit. 214X series by extension. All versions have upper/head invincibility and are air unblockable.

Has A DP With Heat?: 236236C has start-up invincibility, D version does not. 214214D has start-up invincibility and leaves her at +3 advantage.

Things To Look Out For: To Be Discussed

Tsubaki is cheap, and by cheap I mean I can't beat her so obviously she's over powered.

lol

On a serious note: Any tips would be appreciated. I can block Ragna easily and approach him without worry but I can't do crap against Tsubaki. It's probably cause I only ever fight against her randomly online but I see Ragna a crap load.

Tsubaki is cheap, and by cheap I mean I can't beat her so obviously she's over powered.

lol

On a serious note: Any tips would be appreciated. I can block Ragna easily and approach him without worry but I can't do crap against Tsubaki. It's probably cause I only ever fight against her randomly online but I see Ragna a crap load.

Noel's 3C > Tsubaki's 5B. 3C actually beats out a lot of Tsubaki's pokes, anyone abusing Tsubaki's normals are just 3C bait. 4D beats 236x and j.214x. Don't mash drive, 6A and 6C will counter you for free.

Generally, you want to keep pressure on Tsubaki and stop her from charging. Do not use drives unless you read her moves, she can easily break your drive string if blocked, and we lost exit strategies. Try sticking to your normals, 5B being your best tool (CH can lead to 3C), or 3C to snipe under Tsubaki's 5B (which is no longer as good as it used to be). End your block strings with 2A or 2C, because they are plus on block. Optic Barrel should only be used for sniping her when charging. At neutral she can 236X you before OB comes out.

Try not to use jump-ins too much, her 2C is still really good. On the other hand, if she's jumpy, go for 4D. 4D > 236X and j214X as edWORLD mention, since 4D is buffed now.

Sorry Hex, but you're getting exposed. After all, what are friends for? (:3). I was gonna do this in the self improvement thread but I figure this visual aid would help with the MU exp too. I'll be sure to give some Kiba specific stuff too.

Do not use drives unless you read her moves, she can easily break your drive string if blocked, and we lost exit strategies.

You used drives multiple times on block during the match and they were blocked. I've always said if you do that I'm just gonna DP (and I don't even care if it trades), or wait for you to use Assault through so I can IB and punish. If I had stock, you're basically allowing yourself to lose 3.4k, and if I had 2, that's 4.2k. You're better off ending with bloom trigger? On your wakeup too, I'm not sure the reward is completely in your favour, as Tsubaki's 6A can FC and her 6C is her 2nd best starter. You're gonna take too much damage if she has stock to boot.

3C to snipe under Tsubaki's 5B. Optic Barrel should only be used for sniping her when charging.

He was using 3C after 6B which is super predictable (2:19 for example) and again you're basically allowing yourself to lose alot of health. Not to mention you'll be crouching so if I had the heat I could go into 3CC > RC > IAD stuff and get you in the corner where you don't want to be because you know I abuse 6A/6C on you because you're not completely honest at blocking, lol. I think I've conditioned you to a point where you just start blocking high now because you wanna block 6As, which is why you get hit by lows on your wakeup. Just be more resourceful using 3C. On top of that, you're still doing that at the beginning of the match like I'm going to fall for it lol. Again you're asking for easy health loss. I wouldn't even advise trying to outpoke Tsubaki at the beginning of the match.

With the optic barrel, Tsubaki can bait you into using it and then punish your recovery, so be careful when using it (3:43 / 5:13 for instance).

Try not to use jump-ins too much, her 2C is still really good.

This too, and she gets excellent corner carry from it. On a side note, I shouldn't be going air to air against Noel. Tsubaki's aerials are just too poor. The j.BB > j.C loop doesn't work on Noel too because of her small hitbox (6:21, Dammit)

Furthermore, be careful with using your CA in Tsubaki's blockstrings, as they can autotrack and still hit you. (2:06 for example).

You're on point with your combos though.

That's all really.

Why would Hex use 3C after a blocked 6B?

*Shake my damn head*

214214D has start-up invincibility and leaves her at +3 advantage.

It should be noted that 214214D has no invincibility whatsoever. There are times where she will activate it and you will still hit her out of it if it's meaty!

Why would Hex use 3C after a blocked 6B?

*Shake my damn head*

I say the same thing tbh but it goes in one ear and comes out the other apparently. He likes getting beaten up.