Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CSE] Rachel vs. Hakumen

Any time you don't think he'll rush you, set up. If he's close do pumpkin or any of the two a lobelias. If he's farther, the former options + George, b and c lobelias work. The goal is to not have to use your normals to zone, at least not the 6a/ 6b duo here, they suck for the most part against him.

Wind when necessary and don't be afraid to do nothing. Last thing you want is him doing anything in your face or you getting too predictable. Because he has an easy time BEATING her but, like her, he has to choose correctly. It's a lot like a game of yomi, but you might die in three hits.

Think about it like fighting a 20 foot behemoth with counters. Play right and ensnare him, then, and only if you have the complete advantage, go in and slice it slowly until it dies.

Is there any "solid" way to deal with his air normals? It seems like with proper spacing he can beat out my 6A without much trouble.

You just need to move, or pre-emptive lobelia strikes. Look for chances to dash under him in neutral. With the right spacing, you will be able to anti air him with a hearty 6a ch. try to cycle between using these as well as doing nothing whenever you get into these sorts of situations.

you can do that but kishuu already has such little recovery, hakumen can punish or stop it with the right read. imo, winding away in this matchup should be used with rachel's back to the corner, and some sort of ground control so that she can 50/50 a run under/jump over escape. (of course she can try not to get cornered in the first place but that is inevitable.)

I know. He can punish it in the beginning with regular air counters. Throw, normal, trm, but he has to expect it and do it spot on.

Wind when necessary and don't be afraid to do nothing. Last thing you want is him doing anything in your face or you getting too predictable. Because he has an easy time BEATING her but, like her, he has to choose correctly. It's a lot like a game of yomi, but you might die in three hits.

This is wonderful advice. It's easy to panic and feel that "OMG I need to throw something at him to keep him out or he'll get me!" but just moving with him and making yourself hard to catch without pressing too many buttons is very important.

look mac this is what i'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3_1bhHBfx4&list=PLLNrKpk47-5OPNj7MG-JvLXRK_1D88gRJ&index=3

at 8:10 N-O succeeds at winding out of the corner. clearly though that hakumen was ready for it, and had he been a split second earlier, he would have gotten a throw attempt with no risk to himself. winding out is a last resort tactic and rachel players don't intend on having it beaten, but it can be done. it's not flat out beatable given the neutral state but can indeed be out-yomi'd