Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CSE] Rachel vs. Makoto

how do you guys propose we go about this matchup? the only mak l get to fight (rarely) is omni, in tournies or similar, and my inexperience vs her really shows.

things l noticed

-her 3c goes under alot. lobelias, pumpkin, george, td...

-running speed gets her in really fast

how do you neutral her? everything seems to be easily countered.

If makoto throws out 3c once, they're probs one of those makotos that thinks it's safe...just keep throwing out 2a pokes in neutral and when you tag their 3c they will be sorry.

be wary of pumpkin summoning because makoto can cover a lot of ground really quickly and her air counter hits are painful.

a-lobelia is actually not that great in this matchup unless at full screen.

on the plus side, if makoto is above you, you should be happy (j.c, 6a, and air grab are all good against makoto), so in general, try to keep space between you and her, throwing a few a-lobelias from full-screen, punishing the energy orb if she's throwing it a lot, then when she finally resorts to an air approach, try to punish accordingly.

this may be netplay (cuz i haven't played too many makotos offline), but when they are rushing me down over zealously while i'm running away, i don't hesitate to throw out random j.2c's.

when you get the advantage rushing down, abuse instant overhead and you're good ;P

i haven't tested, but if it's like inferno divider, 2b meaty might be the best oki option, cuz then it might clash with her dp while also punish a wakeup parry if makoto does that on george

I would be careful with 6A AA attempts though. She has the same annoying j.2C Tager has. The good thing is that it's not + on block anymore, so feel free to start you pressure if you block it. IB to punish or you are lucky enough that the Makoto player does j.2C high enough to make it punishable without IB. Makoto's really shouldn't abuse that move because of the risk/reward, but it's good to keep in mind.

i haven't tested, but if it's like inferno divider, 2b meaty might be the best oki option, cuz then it might clash with her dp while also punish a wakeup parry if makoto does that on george

You can make it whiff if you do max range 2B~ :3

Her 3C is nerfed, framedata lies and 3[C] is vulnerable at the end. Go for 5B/5C FC punish. If it used for going under lobelia use some wind.

with 50 heat she can use 2362366D instead dp which will beat anything and give you 4-5k dmg.

she was hardly nerfed, her hiboxes and hurtboxes became alot worse.

pay attention to frametraps, 5B CH/5C CH/214A~C CH~B hurts alot. With ib you can punish everything except A/2B/3C if she doesn't cancel that.

thanks guys.

l realized just how better it is zoning her rather then trying to counter her move for move. these tips will help in the future.