Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CSE] Rachel vs. Bang

that's not the only thing he'd be able to hit with. even on whiff bang should be able to land and still keep pressure, even possibly punish the backdash. l dunno if his j4b has landing recovery, but i'd rather just airthrow it if l think he'll crossup. it's worth a test

how would that even work? are you saying to backdash into the crossup?

More like when he goes for the cross up back dash away (obviously not into him). And like Airk said, it's better to do this once you see the j.4B coming. And no, he shouldn't be able to chase after you afterwards and punish you for the backdash since well... he whiffed a move so he's stuck doing that move for a while and also Rachel moves away from him. He'd have to recover, land, and then run at you.

l just tried this myself.

a-l keep getting hit out of the backdash.

b-when l time it to -just- before j4b hits: l escape, but he's not in enough recovery to press any sort of advantage. l can run, but he's close enough to catch me. l can attempt to pressure, but as said, the situation is almost neutral, and rachel's normals, though fast will not be able to reach far enough to press the very small advantage she has. plus, bang 5b >>> rachel.

airthrow beats it clean and 100%, nets good damage and grants rachel summons. l dont really see what this does better, but l could be doing it wrong or not realising it's potential.

Yeah. Like you said, it's pretty much just to reset the situation to neutral. Admittedly, I didn't think about airthrowing him out of it. I'll be sure to try that out next time.

I'm a little curious by this as I'm wondering how TK'd D-nails or D-nails on screen in general will affect us using a backdash or airthrow when Bang does a J.4B. I tend to block a fair bit of D-nails when they come at me and Bang is close by (or just close enough to go for a decent cross-up while I'm blocking D-nails), so I'm wondering if I'd be able to use the air throw effectively without getting hit. I think backdash would be awkward if nails are out on screen and I go to block them but I think I can understand how both options can work if nails were not added into the equation.

I also can't remember if you were to throw bang. Does the nail/s disappear?

(Sorry if this didn't make much sense, rushed my post a bit)

I usually just defend. If you did throw Bang then you will be completely invulnerable to any D-nails that would still be traveling on screen while the throw animation is happening. I don't think they disappear but this can easily be tested.

That's good then. I also managed to have a quick blast on CSE earlier, went into training and it looks like the nails don't disappear when you throw Bang though, I hope it isn't my eyes deceiving me as those nails travel quickly off screen when they go by.

I think I can feel more comfortable handling Bang Cross-ups with this recent point of discussion in mind. Just need to put this into practice :)

vs nails you can:

ib superjump

superjump through the upper space between the nails (farther away)

throw a projectile to nullify them (iris works best)

How should I zone a Bang that uses Raining Shuriken frequently with 50 heat?

He gets me in the middle of a summon an even if I try to block My pumpkin goes and he applies pressure.

Winding in is really risky because of his timing I usually end up getting hit.

you should be able to punish him and avoid the nails, from fullscreen even, by running in and 5b. (1 wind is needed for farther distances and/or needs to be pressed early if you are in the middle or near the end of the umbrella). if he does it every time you summon, then you need to be wary when he has 50 heat. if he has 50 heat and lingering around at fullscreen instead of trying to approach, whiff a 2a and watch him. whiffed 2a may trigger his reactions and invoke a nail super - free punish for the princess.

once he gets wise to this he may try something different like a full-on approach, and then you need to be wary of that, too. but really, your free combo should get him to the corner where you're very likely to win that round anyway.