Sign in to follow this  
DaiAndOh

[CSE] Bang Combo Posting and Discussion Updated with Bnb!

Bang forum delivers! Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to the video haha!

Bang forum delivers! Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to the video haha!

lol haven't recorded the video yet because i didn't know if it was ok to post, but it really isn't much. i plan to share a few variations on the combos stayfree posted that i've been using for a good while.

66C(CH)>9j.214A>j.66B>j.4C>j.623C>(if close enough to corner) 66D>623D>6C>j.B>j.4C>j.C>5A>j.A>j.B>j.4C>j.623C>236236A

The beginning looks flashy as hell.

Corner: 5A > 5B > 2B > 2C > 623C > 5B > 6C > j.4C > j.4C > j.623C > Dash Under > 5A > 5B > j.A > j.B > j.4C > j.C

66C(CH)>9j.214A>j.66B>j.4C>j.623C>(if close enough to corner) 66D>623D>6C>j.B>j.4C>j.C>5A>j.A>j.B>j.4C>j.623C>236236A

The beginning looks flashy as hell.

You guys are killing me.

lol, Zeth.

so here's the video i just made. there are really too many things you can do with this combo. recorded with my phone. i apologize for the poor quality.

http://youtu.be/NUXIOMUa0wU

I would not trust 5A > 5B > 6C hitconfirming, that's just asking for trouble and not practical imo. And most of them didn't seem to do more damage than the typical combos.

The 4 seal combo was cool, not sure if you can get 4 seals off the typical IAD j.4C combos with 5A (can get 3 at least), I know you can off 5B though, but that one is good to know otherwise.

why would 5a 5b 6c hitconfirming be impractical? i mean, be mindful of spacing. i think that's the only instance it's really failed me. unless i'm unsure 5a connected, i'll add the 2b, but from a jc starter (or any aerial)or just a random 5a, it doesn't seem that bad. the combos i posted are slightly weaker than the typical combos,but have better meter gain. meter takes greater priority for me, especially if the trade off's not So bad, but i guess it boils down to preference

why would 5a 5b 6c hitconfirming be impractical? i mean, be mindful of spacing. i think that's the only instance it's really failed me. unless i'm unsure 5a connected, i'll add the 2b, but from a jc starter (or any aerial)or just a random 5a, it doesn't seem that bad. the combos i posted are slightly weaker than the typical combos,but have better meter gain. meter takes greater priority for me, especially if the trade off's not So bad, but i guess it boils down to preference

The first and second combos do about 200 less damage for the exact same heat gain as some of the regular advanced BnBs. I also think the combo itself is less practical to do overall in terms of execution, but I'd be interested in knowing the character specifics of it as well (unless it works on everyone anyway).

wait, which of the advanced bnbs are you comparing it to? i used 5a 5b 2b 6c iad j4c j623b d.5c 2c/6d 623b 2b 6c j4c jc for comparison. the 1st combo actually gains 4 more meter if 6d is used instead of 2c. i didn't have a corner bnb in mind, so can you tell me which one you're using for comparison? the 1,2, and 4 (using 623b 2b 6c j4c jc instead of 2c 623b following the j4c iad j4c) i know to be universal, but i haven't tested the 4 seals combo on the cast as yet. i know for a fact the 3c combo won't work on bang or carl.

wait, which of the advanced bnbs are you comparing it to? i used 5a 5b 2b 6c iad j4c j623b d.5c 2c/6d 623b 2b 6c j4c jc for comparison. the 1st combo actually gains 4 more meter if 6d is used instead of 2c. i didn't have a corner bnb in mind, so can you tell me which one you're using for comparison? the 1,2, and 4 (using 623b 2b 6c j4c jc instead of 2c 623b following the j4c iad j4c) i know to be universal, but i haven't tested the 4 seals combo on the cast as yet. i know for a fact the 3c combo won't work on bang or carl.

Mid-Screen:

-5A > 5B > 2B > 6C > IAD j.4C > j.623B > (d.5C) > 6D > 623B > 2B > 5B > j.A > j.B > j.4C > 7j.4C > j.C > B Nail = 3452 DMG

Corner:

-5A > 5B > 2B > 6C > "dash under" 5C > 2C > 623B > 2B > 5B > j.A > j.B > j.4C > jc (j.4C) > (7)j.C > (B Nail) = 3452 DMG

Regardless of the damage/meter differences, I do feel those other combos have more room for error in certain places compared to the regular ones, that's why if we are talking BnBs I'd highly advise going with what is already established because imo those aren't "worth it" for whatever minimal difference there may be. Compare that to the crouching combos as I mentioned previously which is quite clearly worth the difference between a basic crouching combo and the more advanced BnB.

If I'm looking for "BnBs" I want whatever combo is the most universal, easiest to do, does the most damage relative to ease of doing it, and still provides whatever oki situation you want. In this case I'll go with the former rather than the latter.

But to each his own.

Am I the only one who finds 6C > 7.j > IAD > j.4C really hard?

I wouldn't say really hard but it is definitely one of the things I was talking about when I said those combos had more room for error. It causes a "delay" in between the connecting moves just for the combo to even work, compared to the regular ones which resemble an actual IAD more, with little to no delay between the attacks so less room for error. Then you have the 5A>2B thing, and for that other version you have an almost TK'd j.623B that needs to be done. Each of these things add unnecessary complications for what you're getting in return compared to the other BnB combos. Which is why I see little point in doing those combos by comparison.

Again, just my opinion though.

They look so cool though >.< I should really get a stick :S I'm just trying to learn them cuz I'm so bored with just fighting AI all the time (since I have no XBL), so I figured I might as well learn some more combos lol.

Btw, how do you do the backwards 5C? ._.

They look so cool though >.< I should really get a stick :S I'm just trying to learn them cuz I'm so bored with just fighting AI all the time (since I have no XBL), so I figured I might as well learn some more combos lol.

Btw, how do you do the backwards 5C? ._.

If you mean in that standing corner combo, delaying the j623B helps. You basically just microdash backwards and do 5C. It doesn't work on a few chars (Jin is a good example) in which case you should do microdash 6C>jD>stuff in that part of the combo.

If you mean in that standing corner combo, delaying the j623B helps. You basically just microdash backwards and do 5C. It doesn't work on a few chars (Jin is a good example) in which case you should do microdash 6C>jD>stuff in that part of the combo.

It can work on Jin. You just delay the j.623B like you mentioned.

Jin has a damn weird timing yeah.

Good BnB though. No idea why I haven't been using it.

Why does Bang have this?

FC 3C > 2B > JB > J4C > JC > Micro dash 5A > 6C > double jump JD > 2B > whatever ender you want.

This is some serious CP shit right here

Turns out I was a dumbass. Fuck all nighters. You have to delay the JD a bit in order for it to land on Carl, Arakune, Bang, Hakumen and Mu-12.

It doesn't work on Litchi because it is a god damned relaunch... fuck.

Edited by GreekAngel

Played a bit of bang again, here is my latest combo:

(52 heat starter, 1 nail minimum available, 2 bursts, 4 seals, FRKZ NOT active to start, in corner) (9674 damage)

6C(CH)>Low j.236B(Nail doesn't actually get thrown)>6C>jumpcancel Gold burst>6C>j.623B>446C>jump cancel gold burst>5C>FRKZ>5C>6D>6~2D>8~j.D>2~2B>623B>2363214C

Sign in to follow this