Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CSE] Noel Vermillion Beginner Question Thread

What do I do for midscreen/corner pressure?

I've mostly been doing 2aa stagger 2aaa etc then randomly throw out a tick throw or 6B, since I can't get damage off any other starter except 6A and 3C.

Those are good beginner staggers, remember you can use 2B, 5A and 2C to end stagger strings as well. Just try to vary it up between those four moves as much as possible, while using differing string routes and stagger timings to mix it up a bit.

The cleanest drive blocksting that Noel has is d.5a > d.6a > d.5a which ends really fast, gets trivial damage, no mixup (just hold down back), and is not DP safe.

For some of the slower mixup options, you can actually mash throw through (d.6d > d.6b for low > overhead)

actually d.5a > d.5b > d.5a > d.5b is a more cleaner drive blockstring since the d.6a variation is punishable. this variation however is gapless and cant be punished.

Those are good beginner staggers, remember you can use 2B, 5A and 2C to end stagger strings as well. Just try to vary it up between those four moves as much as possible, while using differing string routes and stagger timings to mix it up a bit.

What should I usually do when I confirm a hit with one of those moves? Go into 2C>RC? Reset with overhead? Purple throw(lol)? Most of the time I just continue staggering as if nothing happened.

actually d.5a > d.5b > d.5a > d.5b is a more cleaner drive blockstring since the d.6a variation is punishable. this variation however is gapless and cant be punished.

Yeah looks like it. They nerfed d.6a startup from 15F to 18F in Extend...:vbang:

Hello everyone, Blazblue beginner here (and a hardcore Noel fan). I just have a few total newbie questions so please go easy on me :keke:

1. First of all, I checked the Noel combo thread and I was very overwhelmed by the amount of combos in there. I don't really have any serious problems when it comes to learning the combos themselves. The problem is that there are so much of them out there that I don't know which to learn and focus on. Should I learn a midscreen/a corner/an overhead attack for now then just worry about the longer combos later?

I've also read what LunaKage posted (thanks a lot by the way) and I guess I'll try to focus on those for now.

Noel gets her best damage on Counter Hits, Fatals, and attacks that hit while her opponent is crouching. Hitconfirming is a huge part of playing BlazBlue, and Noel in particular has no hope of winning unless you can make sure you get the most out of the attacks you land. Here are a couple of combos to get you started:

5A > 6A > 6C > 6D > 236A > 66C > j.D > d.6D > d.5D > d.5C > d.236D

3C > 22BC > 66C > 236A > 66C > j.D > d.6D > d.5D > d.5C > d.236D

2D > d.6A > d.6C > d.6D > d.6B > d.236D

Fatal 4D > d.6A > d.6C > d.2D > d.623D > 66C > Delay 236A > 66C > j.D > d.6D > d.5D > d.5C > d.236D

2. Also, what's a "Haida" exactly. I understand the 'loop' part but is it just a name for the combo?

What exactly makes a Noel fan "hardcore"?

Haha ok maybe hardcore's not the word. Idk, I just love everything about her. Her character, style, personality, not just gameplay. She's the only character I play after all.

Hello everyone, Blazblue beginner here (and a hardcore Noel fan). I just have a few total newbie questions so please go easy on me :keke:

1. First of all, I checked the Noel combo thread and I was very overwhelmed by the amount of combos in there. I don't really have any serious problems when it comes to learning the combos themselves. The problem is that there are so much of them out there that I don't know which to learn and focus on. Should I learn a midscreen/a corner/an overhead attack for now then just worry about the longer combos later?

I've also read what LunaKage posted (thanks a lot by the way) and I guess I'll try to focus on those for now.

2. Also, what's a "Haida" exactly. I understand the 'loop' part but is it just a name for the combo?

1. In general, I find it best to learn combos that you do off of common situations first, like when you land an overhead/jump in/random poke. The combos listed by Luna that you quoted are a decent place to start.

2. "Haida" is just Japanese for "Silencer" (22B/C), so Haida Loop = Silencer Loop. It used to be a combo that Noel could do in previous iterations of the game by repeatedly looping 6C > 22B/C, but was more or less removed from the game when the first hit of 22B and 22C were nerfed to have repeat proration. A variant of it still works on Rachel and Tager... but it's rather situational and not something you much have to worry about learning.

Completely irrelevant but the romaji 'Haida' refers to a flash-hider and the translated name of the move, 'Silencer', refers to a sound suppresor even though they serve very different purposes on fire-arms. The more useless info you know :eng101:

Yeah the Haida Loop was once a very useful loop that all experienced noel players used until Extend came out. Like said previously there is a variation that exists for rachel and tager and also valkenhayn if it wasnt noticed after all this time. also in addition there also exists a haida loop in Extend but to be honest its pretty tough to get the feel for it since its very picky on execution and required great understanding of in-game character hitboxes and spacing so most will probably not suggest to learn it but there is a thread for it in the noel forums teaching it for anyone who wants to use it. but forcus on the basics and the fundamentals.

Hey there guys, I have a question pertaining to Thor corner combos.

After hitting them with Thor, is catching the enemy with 6A instead of 2A character-specific? I've started using 6A to catch opponents after using Thor in the corner and it has seemed to work out alright so far.

Should I continue to use 6A to catch opponents, or should I stick to 2A? Also, a few reasons why or how come would be appreciated. (:

I'm pretty sure 6A will give more damage than 2A, and it's not like one move lets you lag a bit before dashing to the corner right?

But then again, sometimes you can f' up on catching them with 6A and end up whiffing the 6C follow-up whereas 2A will catch them regardless.

Just sorta wanted to see everyone's thoughts on this.

You really just have to compare your options. I'd recommend just keeping both in mind, as sometimes using 2A will be better than using 6A and vice versa.

Just use the one that best fits your situation at the time and go for it.

technically the 2a variation is the universal one and never drops on you. the 6A variation is just an alternative but most probably dont use it since its more likely to drop on you in certain cases due to spacing and the fact that sometimes 6A > 6C after thor is hard to get in tough spots in a match usually the 6C would whiff if the opponent isnt low enough but if you try to let them fall too low then 6A seems to whiff so 2a is usually prefered since its easy without thinking about it. thats really about it but if you can nail 6A into combo after thor then by all means feel free to do it as you please. for the characters that you maybe have problems on doing that on simply replace it with 2a on them and just do 6a on the others you feel comfortable doing that follow up on

If the damage difference isn't significant, I say just use 2A, if for nothing else but the guaranteed damage. A slightly less damaging combo that's guaranteed > a more damaging combo that might drop imo. I mean, if there are characters you can get 6A on 100% of the time, then by all means, I say use it on 'em.

Ah, thanks for all of your inputs guys! (:

So from this, I should resort to 2A to be safe but should use 6A if I feel like it will hit or against Tager because dat hitbox.

I'll be sure to keep everything you guys have just suggested in mind and try doing a comparison between the two later tonight or tomorrow when I have time to go on.

Thanks, again!

What are some good follow-ups for an anti-air FC 4D?

When I try going for FC 4D > d.6A > d.6C > d.2D > SR and the opponent is already in the air, they're too high up already and by the time I launch them with SR, I can't catch them with 6C anymore.

So, am I missing something like an extra filler d.5A or is there anything else I can do when 4D counters an airborne opponent? :?

If my opponent blocks the second hit of 2C standing, they end up in a crouching state even though they got hit by a low. Is this supposed to happen?