Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

I-no vs ABA

:AB: A.B.A. MATCHUP INFORMATION Poking Game Strategy Specific Punishes Setups/baits Knowledge

I played lord knight's aba. stay close and try not to rely on notes, it gives aba enough time to blood pack. watch match vids of to see where the holes are in aba's best guard bar rape strings in (mo) mode. also, number one thing that caught me off guard, mid match he wouldn't use tension in (mo) mode, it was because when aba reverted to normal, he guarded me on purpose for a dead angle attack which was great for a bloodpack than oki. aba's low airdash can really be a problem for I-no because aba's j.h. hit box is huge. I won more than I lost that day, but he never really played against I-no and I've never really played against aba. I wonder what the match would look like now.

how do you deal with danzai?

Well, we were pretty fresh to the match-up at the time, so maybe his danzai was off. I stuffed his regular danzai alot, (it could also be my playstyle) but his FB danzai owned me a couple times before I realized what was happening. Basically, once he had meter for the FB, I did the same thing I do with slayer and Jam. I don't really have much of a strategy other than dashing in purposely to bait it. Works well on lower skilled slayers, jams and abas. just abuse the fact that you can dash brake to be safe, or if you have the guts to attack, attack as you fall from your dash so you can block an FB. Sorry, but that's all I have for danzai.

against moroha aba you must be patient the best thing about danzai is that you get a free knockdown right after blocking the first hit just do 2P -> 2S -> 2D of course you have to know when you are out of block stun after blocking the first hit. FB danzai has a little more blockstun, but the idea is to punish it between the hits. aba unblockable can be punished by gold bursting. you should avoid it by back dashing or jumping. i haven't tried any normals to punish it, maybe 6P(?) for a free knockdown if you got reflexes. moroha aba best thing is to stay out of range of her 5S(f). and if she jumps in on you there might be a chance you can air throw jumping HS BUT i wouldn't even go for that. CH JHS = death. watch your throw attempts. messing that up = death. on normal aba best way to start the match is to pressure her. watch out for cHS. Even on normal aba i-no's normals are shit anyways. just keep the woman from transforming.

Normal ABA still has really good normals, especially 2hs and a few other notables. Don't get cocky. Against Danzai, sometimes you'll be far away and 2p/5p won't connect, so 5k after the first hit should do the trick. If you're way far away, it's probably best not to do anything except get out of the way so you don't even have to block the 2nd hit. That way you can put the pressure back on.

I don't know how everyone else feels but I think this is one of the few matches that I-No has in her favor. I'd say 6-4 I-No. I-No has so many quick ways to knock ABA down that Moroha mode should be something you want to happen rather than not. Use notes and runaway games to get ABA into Moroha mode via bloodpack and not keygrab. On knockdown retreat like you're going to go for a high level note and use HCL on ABA's wake up to score another knockdown. 2D> HCL doesn't work on ABA so use 2S>HCL instead. If she's knockdown in the corner you can follow a high level blocked note with 2D > VCL for a knockdown. It takes a little practice but gattling > HCL > FRC > H-DIVE > FRC > AIRTHROW can get you that third knockdown. Not alot of people throw from the h-dive so not many people expect it at all. Replace HCL in blocked gattlings for a super jump VCL or a high TK K-DIVE. Be careful when using 5D in low block strings because the start up frames give ABA enough time to launch a Danzai. Even if the 5D animation happens, you'll still eat Danzai.

Moroha the player its really hard to play run away against aba because her moves take up like half the screen and her run is wicked. running away is pretty much giving her the open door to put you in pressure...if you like blocking a lot then run away the whole match. she can run under HCL. really hard to 6p a.b.a j.hs.

Moved a bunch of posts not relating to the I-No vs. ABA matchup. Check the general I-No forum to see where the posts were moved.

Be careful with your oki. If timed right she can go through your note and keygrab you out of your dash in. Learned that the hard way today. lol Also if she ever does her random air super you can jump into, IB and punish it with a UF.

What works out of the gate? Seems like everything loses to keygrab except jump > dive, which seems to give her enough time to bloodpack.

I slashback a lot and get hits > combos that way, but I always lose when it comes to zoning and poking and wind up screwed. What can I do other than blocking until ABA messes up or I slashback something easy to react to (like the low follow up in her rekka chain)? I try to push her out with FD but I don't know what gives me guaranteed punishes. Nothing seems to really work. 6P seems to work on the ground at max range, but it loses to her jump-ins all the time, so I'd rather just block and occasionally go for a slashback.

On the plus side, my friend tested IKing ABA out of Moroha recovery using I-No's throw and he said it's guaranteed. Throw FRC > IK on wakeup. Should be unburstable OTG because of the throw, assuming he didn't overlook something.

Sign in to follow this