Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aginor

[CSE] Mu vs Hazama

Anyone want to run through this matchup again? His damage isn't as bad which is nice, and 236A and mobility are good, but it seems absolutely impossible to punish his jump-ins now (not to say it was easy before). It seems like he can just derp himself in with chains + jB any time he pleases, even at max range, definitely annoying.

I would just DP out of rassenga if you can react to it (until they start doing stance cancel or something to bait it)

That's where I started thinking of some meatier anti-rassenga way. 6A head invul... But guess it's still impossible or too risky then...

6A would definitely be more rewarding but I think it has too much startup. Would probably be baller to punish a charged Ressenga though.

Anyone want to run through this matchup again? His damage isn't as bad which is nice, and 236A and mobility are good, but it seems absolutely impossible to punish his jump-ins now (not to say it was easy before). It seems like he can just derp himself in with chains + jB any time he pleases, even at max range, definitely annoying.

I agree. I do have a video of this matchup and I made some mistakes but at least I won...? x__x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5luEB5GxsPA&feature=plcp&context=C322221bUDOEgsToPDskIb8sTLZO0nJ_NS2_YxLFZS

Every char wishes to see his opponent in the corner and wishes not to see there himself. It is not this matchup specific, it's just the mechanic of the whole game.

I personally don't see so much threat in his uroboros. They CAN be read. Their trajectories, I mean. While he snakes, and you've read that, you have time to set one or two steins. Also Hazamas are not so hard to block in terms of pressure, so I don't think there is a reason to be desperate. Mu's very mobile which makes this matchup pretty much equal in my opinion... if not in her favor.

Try to observe him and you'll be able to read and punish every his uroboros flip midscreen, making them respect your space.

UPD:

I've just confirmed the superiority of our 6A against his pressure strings. 6A beats his rassenga for good. I've been IBind, but I guess it would work on normal block also. Maybe thing is head inv? It also seems to beat his zaneiga most of the times. Our 6A is just faster on startup. And jabaki is also beaten. AND 6A should defeat his elbow overhead obviously. So it seems to be very fruity to block low his first hits and wait for his charge or overhead link special to crush it with 6A. After seeng their main pressure route being broken Hazamas become pretty discouraged.

However better Hazamas seem to use dirtier tricks and better mixups, meaning crossups with uroboros, jump cancelling etc. far more often that the said string, so be on guard.