Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Jam Questions and Critique Thread

It's not a glitch, it's a mechanic of the game like double jump. The 5HS 6HS 6P is called the ground loop/gatling. It's one of the basic combos of Jam. If started from dash (i.e. dash 5K 5S 5HS) it allows 3 repetitions and a knockdown + charge on most characters. I found it useful against Potemkins that are trying to anticipate your IAD and throw out a 6P from mid range. If you just dashed at them your 6P will beat out his and you'll get the ground loop for free.

Question: Ok, so normally I'd use Anji, Jam, or Baiken, but I've been lacking on Jam since picking up Anji and trying to learn his autoguards. Well, I'm heading off to Katsucon this weekend and they'll be having a small GG tournament. Unfortunately, their not using AC, but X2. And its plain X2. -.- Which in everyway sucks. Well, I'm reverting back to Jam in order to practice. Obviously there are differences in her attacks (no need for charge up for multi-kicks)., What is the best way to play a plain X2 Jam compared to the AC Jam?

fs>Ryuujin>rc combos ... if my memory is correct, this Gatling deal loads of damage, and it's best to charge kenrou as it give longer un techable time for rejuggle. easier to do parry if, i didn't mistaken she can do red parry on X2

How good is the 6P~5H~6H~2S~6P etc etc combo in X2? I'm trying to get it down in AC as I got hit by it at last years Otakon and that took a chunk out of my lifebar. Does that combination even exist in X2? Actually... I think I have the combo in wrong because Jam's 6H is a butterfly kick yeah? Damn, that changes everything...

In X2 6HS was another move alltogether. This loop was not possible. IIRC the best combo was using 2HS and 3 kicks (236K, 623K and 214K) or TK 236K (and 2 kicks more) from f.S.

Tell Me Good Or Bad... 1. Practicing air grabs when opponent recovers... Is it useless? or worth while? 2. 236p FRC... when exactly will it be a good use for this? 3. going down 236K, don't know a good use for this

1. Airgrabs are always good. Burst grabs are the best. 2. Mixups? Semi-infinite on Potemkin? 3. Do you mean IAD 236K? IMO it's suicide doing it from IAD. Otherwise it's useful for escaping.

3. going down 236K, don't know a good use for this

I've never seen anyone do IAD 236K, but do you mean IAD 623K, or perhaps IAD 214K? The former is good as a cross-up and the latter can start combos.

I've never seen anyone do IAD 236K, but do you mean IAD 623K, or perhaps IAD 214K? The former is good as a cross-up and the latter can start combos.

IAD 236K is good when your opponent judges the distance of your IAD and is just outside of your attack range, the 236K done while IAD extends the dash a little bit. You won't go flying across the screen.

It`s never good. "-" on block is = entire life. You`ll surely die if they block this

You know, I was playing as Zappa yesterday and started mashing 2P's. Had the dog out, but CPU Jam started doing 5D and none of my punches were connecting. I proceeded to get hit by her dust. >.> I didn't try hitting her with the dog, but I was somewhat confused when none of the punches hit her. Does she have lower invul during the start up of 5D? Or was my timing between 2P so bad that she still managed to hit me? >.> Just seemed strange to me.

Okay, I feel kinda nooby for asking this...but how do you combo after 6HS? I've seen vids where people do 2S and 6P off just the first hit. I've been trying to do this, but 6HS>HS seems to be the only way to combo after 6HS. Help?

Okay, I feel kinda nooby for asking this...but how do you combo after 6HS? I've seen vids where people do 2S and 6P off just the first hit. I've been trying to do this, but 6HS>HS seems to be the only way to combo after 6HS.

Help?

6HS --> 6P and the like are links, not cancels. Basically, you're just waiting until the 6HS recovers and then quickly performing a 6P, 2D, or whatever. It'll combo since 6HS recovers before they leave hitstun, the timing is tight at first but you should be able to get it consistent with a bit of practice.

Ex. (something for application that you can work up to, practical in match play)

5K c.S 6P 5HS (3 hits) 6HS...6P 5HS (3 hits) 6HS...2K 2D 22K

Can someone explain conceptually frametraps to me? I understand frame advantage/disadvantage, but not what the goal of frametraps are.

Also, I saw a SF video that said you cannot throw people when they are in blockstun. Is this true for GGAC?

How do I know if I am doing an IAD as fast as possible, or if I am a few frames slow?

Is there anyway to see the hitboxes of certain moves?

A frame trap is when you leave a gap in your blockstring that's big enough for your opponent to attack, but small enough that no attack can start up. You're basicly baiting an escape attempt.

Q. If the gap isn't big enough for any attack to startup, why would anyone fall for it?

A. maybe they were afraid you were going to throw them.

edit: check this out http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8423

Yes, you can not throw people during stun. This is pretty much true universally. In Guilty Gear, not only can you not throw people during stun, you can't throw people 6 frames after they have left hitstun and you can't throw people 5 frames after they have left blockstun.

Thanks for the explanation.

Let's say I set my opponent up with a frame trap and connect with a move like P, 6P, K, or 2S. What are some simple hitconfirmable comboes that begin with any of those moves?

That depends on you and your reactions. I don't actually play Jam, but for P and K, I would just always chain to S, and that should give you enough time to decide what to do next. 6P and 2S alone should be enough by themselves.

Sign in to follow this