Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusty

[CSE] Hazama vs. Jin

tbh, I think Jin is more of a bitch now than he ever was in CS2. He may do a little less damage, but overall I feel like his normals are better (even if j.B got nerfed, from what I hear). I know that 2C trades in Haz's favor against Jin's air normals (read: do not fuck with ~CS2 Jin match-up thread) for most things, save for j.D which, if it trades, leaves both players at relative neutral. If you wait for his 5C during pressure and delay pressing 2C, you should be able to beat any air normal and 6B without having to risk getting fatal countered by Jin's 2C. So, with that being known, plus the fact that Jin's anti-airs and close-range air mobility are better, I feel like it's best not to jump out of his pressure in most situations. Also, I'd say that it's good to stay as close as possible in this match-up. Jin is a bitch to approach, and there's not much he can do other than mash A normals or risk a DP on wake-up (or Yukikaze if he has meter) once you're close to him. Finally, Jin has gotten better at breaking primers thanks to 2D buff, and we still have to watch out for his drive specials that also break primers. As Hazama, it's pretty easy for us to get guard-broken here, so it's just something to keep in mind.

Personally, I have a hard time with this match-up, but that's probably because I play against a Jin mod (Yuushiro) all the time. Feels bad, man.

personal opinion

i have seen many jin when their have 50 heat they recklessly want to do throw>RC combo to do about 4k dmg and 50 heat back,i think it wise to look his meter and bait the throw.when you caught his throw RC and have a burst the best time to burst it when he do sekkajin and not the 6B

I wouldn't count on total recklessness here. Best thing to do if you think they want to throw is just watch out for tick throws after 5A/2A, 5B(2), or 6B and then try and tech. Most of the time, if they're good, they'll spend the meter doing drive specials in a combo or they'll do 623D > rapid after 2nd hit > dash 2B/3C/6C > stuff. And personally, I think the best time to burst is during 6C start-up since it's a long-ass move that can only be dash and special cancelled.

I think this match up may have got a little easier because of the nerfs to jin's jump in (as in, both levels and hitboxes), but it doesn't feel too different from CS2.

His throw game is still pretty scary though.

Our new 2B also helps out a bit with baiting his C DP while still being able to apply strong oki off 214D~A (1B~[A]~4 will hit meaty and bait C DP and bursts but will lose to backdash / back roll / D DP, which you can cover with IAD j.3AB while still being safe to C DP as well)