Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CSE] Tsubaki Yayoi Unblockable Setups Compilation (Updated 3/7/12)

Wouldn't it be better to do the 236C > Unblockable setup instead? The 214C(w) > unblockable gives your opponent much more time to react than the one I listed. Though, your setup would fall in Bat's category where you could release it early and score a CH.

I wouldn't say so, because j.214A's untechable time isn't that huge for you to be in a good position to land an unblockable, you'd also have to dash to your opponent. This will be different if you RC the dive into the unblockable however.

Or am I just getting these points wrong again and I'm missing something? Haha

Well if you cancel the 214C(w) into the 22D directly then they don't have any time to react at all. It's also difficult to see the 22D while the flashiness of 214C is still going on. The idea is that you don't wait for the 214C to end but just to cancel it into the 22D on whiff.

Also not the dive but ending a combo with 214A veritas, the opponent will tech from that and land right in front of you.

Well if you cancel the 214C(w) into the 22D directly then they don't have any time to react at all. It's also difficult to see the 22D while the flashiness of 214C is still going on. The idea is that you don't wait for the 214C to end but just to cancel it into the 22D on whiff.

Also not the dive but ending a combo with 214A veritas, the opponent will tech from that and land right in front of you.

Oh you meant mid combo. I thought you might have made a mistake but it turns out it was me!

Yea that one is legit, I use that one on ocassions. That once would fall into dropping combos into unblockables.

I will integrate both of those setups into the information in the first post.

Oh you meant mid combo. I thought you might have made a mistake but it turns out it was me!

Yea that one is legit, I use that one on ocassions. That once would fall into dropping combos into unblockables.

I will integrate both of those setups into the information in the first post.

:P

I hate you all for making and learning from this thread. Goddammit, I'm being beaten by girls now.

I'm sorry?

Gonna work on that video tomorrow. Had less time than I thought this week. But it won't be too late, certainly out before I head home on tuesday.

A visual tutorial would be wonderful. Thanks, Adel.

It doesn't really matter, but as far as shortening my first name goes, I prefer Heidi :3

I'm sorry?

Gonna work on that video tomorrow. Had less time than I thought this week. But it won't be too late, certainly out before I head home on tuesday.

It's often best to ignore Star-Demon when he's being irrational.

It's often best to ignore Star-Demon when he's being irrational.

I did land like 20 unblockables against him when I played him a few days ago so he might be salty about it.

I even included an escape route for each unblockable setup.

Maybe I need to emphasise them more.

On a side note, I agree with Shruikon.

I hate you all for making and learning from this thread. Goddammit, I'm being beaten by girls now.

Sounds like a personal problem :3

I did land like 20 unblockables against him when I played him a few days ago so he might be salty about it.

Oh, yes.

Tsubaki is top tier.

Tsubaki is top tier.

Duh, she has an unblockable! that's some OP **** right there!

Was against our Hakumen player in the Singles tournament this past Sat.

Didn't get far (also was my first match and I JUST woke up from a nap and had to play lol )

But I managed to land that air combo > orb > land 22D setup. Felt so good~

that one is esp. fun~

but considering it's Hakumen, do you think they can wake up and slash the orb for projectile barrier? or would it not be enough time for them to do that? *can't go in lab atm*

Was against our Hakumen player in the Singles tournament this past Sat.

Didn't get far (also was my first match and I JUST woke up from a nap and had to play lol )

But I managed to land that air combo > orb > land 22D setup. Felt so good~

that one is esp. fun~

but considering it's Hakumen, do you think they can wake up and slash the orb for projectile barrier? or would it not be enough time for them to do that? *can't go in lab atm*

Projectile negation on slashes doesn't happen immediately, and the orb's supposed to hit meaty.

Currently doing recording. Video editing takes awhile. Probably not going to sleep tonight.

Projectile negation on slashes doesn't happen immediately, and the orb's supposed to hit meaty.

Currently doing recording. Video editing takes awhile. Probably not going to sleep tonight.

Mmmm thanks for that. Wasn't too sure considering I haven't played a Haku in awhile and can't go to check myself, decided to ask.

Also good luck w/ Video editing :3

Is the pink ok for everyone's eyes in the first post? I'm using the Ky color scheme so it's a bit bright but I'm not sure how it is for the rest of you.

Also using Ky scheme, it is a bit bright... I'd change it from #EE82EE to #DE72DE, which should still stand out but be easier to see.

Rather than this, something like this.

Yea that's a lot better, I'll go change it to that. Kiba I hope you don't mind but my eyes almost died looking at my screen when I tried to read it tonight haha.

And Heidi (iirc you asked us to use that) if you want to sleep, go ahead and sleep. I'd rather you not pass out the next day because you felt you had to get the video done tonight~

You should subscribe to the idea of "it's done when it's done" and not push yourself too hard.

But then again, I tend to plow through hours of work once I get rolling myself.

Looking forward to it~

Yea that's a lot better, I'll go change it to that. Kiba I hope you don't mind but my eyes almost died looking at my screen when I tried to read it tonight haha.

Oh I'm sorry. Sure thing I don't mind at all.

Kiba, you should make an effort to use all of these setups on Hexanoid at your next tournament! So we can have good links to it in action!

:)