Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C0R

[CSE] μ12: War Room - Tactics of Terror v1000

You guys probably found out about this but don't think it was posted. On 214 guard crush with one stein, you only get 2 hits, so the proration isn't as bad. You can do 214d(2) 5c 6c SoD 6b midloop lowloop for 4.6k

(corner) 6C (FC) > 5[D] > SOD > 6 > 5C > 5[D] > ]D[ > 9JC > j.C > j.2C > j.6[D] > land > ]D[ > 66~6B > 5C > ]D[ > 2C > high loop > mid loop > low loop > double super ender. = ~9850.

It's really stable once you figure out the timing, awesome find, man. I loved it so I recorded that here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FQ76-Eqn60

ps: it's unlisted atm, I just want your O.K. before I make it public, or I can delete it if you prefer.

PS: 6C > 6[D] > SOD... cornerwise also works. What do you mean?

This was what I meant I just couldn't find the video for it.

Also it's true that using the Gold Burst is hard to confirm/not completely optimal...but I like to think, at least it looks baller and I'll probably get them to green burst. Then I basically used my burst to get rid of theirs, only they have less guard primers. Of course, I am pretty strange and like Gold Bursts a lot. Edit: Just to be clear I'm talking about the midscreen corner carry variations here. Since most chars literally HAVE to burst the corner version. Man our character is so fucked up lol. Other character forums trying to squeeze out the best damage/corner carry for their combos...Mu boards wondering if they should use a Gold Burst in this combo to bring the damage over 10k or not, hahaha.

You guys probably found out about this but don't think it was posted. On 214 guard crush with one stein, you only get 2 hits, so the proration isn't as bad. You can do 214d(2) 5c 6c SoD 6b midloop lowloop for 4.6k

I thought about posting this but figured everyone already knew already. I think the 90 P1 from guard crush instead of 70 or w/e P1 bomb is helps a lot too. With two bomb guard crush you can just do 6B > highloop > midloop for 3.6k/ (3C > SoD > 6A > super for 5k, double super ender for 5.6k). Three steins, you can just do 6B > 5C > 2C > jC > j2C > 3C for 3.2k and 39 meter gain (SoD super for 4.5k). And if you ever somehow got 4 steins over them for guard crush, you'll have to do like jump up and hitconfirm into falling jC > j2C > 3C for 3k/40 MG.

Edit: Grinding CryingVoid's combo until my hands bleed. I'm practicing it from different distances from the corner/opponent heights (i.e. Ragna ID, I fatal him as he's coming down instead of already landed). Having trouble with the combo if I'm not exactly in the corner when I go for the (walk) 5C. Sometimes they'll tech when I go for 9JC jC if I don't hit them perfectly with 5C. I tried to remedy this with dash 5C or different variations of walk/dash 2C instead before the second 5[D], but then the stein is too close or doesn't aim properly because of height and I miss the 6B. Any tips to get this to work "close to the corner" but not "in the corner"? Once I get past 6B the rest of the combo is easy though.

Edit edit: nvm, if I just make sure that the first two 5[D]s are somewhat aligned as a visual cue I get the full combo 99% of the time.

It's really stable once you figure out the timing, awesome find, man. I loved it so I recorded that here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FQ76-Eqn60

ps: it's unlisted atm, I just want your O.K. before I make it public, or I can delete it if you prefer.

Man, thanks for appreciation! Sure, go ahead and post it however you like! I'm glad it is of some use and some hype!

Interesting thing is that I tend to link ending supers with two hits (2C > 5C) on most of the cast ( 2c > 5c > 632146d > super jump cancel j.2c > land > 2c > 5c > 632146c ), but in your handwork with just 2C > yata and 3C > omohi you do even more damage (9950). I wonder, is it extra hits of yata do the job thanks to lower positioning with sole 2C hit, or is it Mu's hitbox (my dummy-on-duty is Jin, for his relatively slim hitbox to ensure the combo working on most of others).

Edit: Grinding CryingVoid's combo until my hands bleed. I'm practicing it from different distances from the corner/opponent heights (i.e. Ragna ID, I fatal him as he's coming down instead of already landed). Having trouble with the combo if I'm not exactly in the corner when I go for the (walk) 5C. Sometimes they'll tech when I go for 9JC jC if I don't hit them perfectly with 5C. I tried to remedy this with dash 5C or different variations of walk/dash 2C instead before the second 5[D], but then the stein is too close or doesn't aim properly because of height and I miss the 6B. Any tips to get this to work "close to the corner" but not "in the corner"? Once I get past 6B the rest of the combo is easy though.

Edit edit: nvm, if I just make sure that the first two 5[D]s are somewhat aligned as a visual cue I get the full combo 99% of the time.

Yeah, Just get the two 5D's in, and linking with the 6B won't be a trouble since it's broken range, lol. Pochp even doesn't bother dashing since it connects for him anyways lol.

The trick is when you are start a bit away, so you'll have to dash (to ensure the j.C reaches), and thus place the second 5D in the wrong place. Gotta work out a cure for that...

I'll be testing H.H's / Zero's midscreen FC combo, maybe we'll find some new mixtures. It is actually the best corner carry so far, since lazers let you "delay" the SOD the most, left alone the fat lazers' meter gain. Midscreen is great since it leaves the distant steins to give you a moment for habakiri linking between supers. There is also a burstless hint such as 6C (FC) > 5[D] > JC > j.2C > 66 ~ 2C etc. and that's a pity we don't get to use RC's in high dmg combos, since it gains extra meter for nothing in most of the situations (most times you'll score 6C FC with 50% at hand).

So yeah I'm working on some Mu tutorials/reference videos, got 2/4 parts down so far. Thinking about adding pressure+mixup and matchups+neutral afterwards. I haven't added the notation yet, because I'll be doing it in the form of subtitles, and they can be a pain to move around if the timings change. These are just rough drafts, I still have a few combos and setups I forgot to add (like 2c 5c super, lol!). I'm aware that they're pretty long, the idea is to have an answer to most questions someone can have (ex: hey guys what do I do with 5c CH when I have my back to the wall).

1. combos : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoCLTItUeyM

2. setups : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agk5UuSUlr8

So any comments, advice etc. are appreciated. I'd like to know if there's too much text, it goes too fast, too slowly, etc. Also, if I forgot to give credit to someone, let me know. Thanks.

Interesting thing is that I tend to link ending supers with two hits (2C > 5C) on most of the cast ( 2c > 5c > 632146d > super jump cancel j.2c > land > 2c > 5c > 632146c ), but in your handwork with just 2C > yata and 3C > omohi you do even more damage (9950). I wonder, is it extra hits of yata do the job thanks to lower positioning with sole 2C hit, or is it Mu's hitbox (my dummy-on-duty is Jin, for his relatively slim hitbox to ensure the combo working on most of others).

Mu does have a pretty big vertical hitbox so I dunno (2c CH 5c doesn't whiff on low opponents). I mostly stick to that because I've dropped 2c 5c too many times, and the damage+meter difference isn't worth the risk, but that's probably just me. I get really nervous in tournaments, so I stick to the simple stuff.

Great vids pochp. Like you said the vids are a bit lengthly but this is really valuable information in video form. Full of stuff every Mu should have in their game imo. Nice music choices too. :thumbu:

I love some of the charge stein setups, especially the 4 bomb one. I like to do similar things with charge]D[ (set 5D), IAD mixup for +1 orb and a high/low but it's riskier. If I'm feeling particularly brave I'll do ...charge]D[ (set 5D) IAD jB, jA, jD (surprise!!), 5]D[... etc. for even more orbs. [Warning: Some respect required. Do not use these setups against characters with better reversals or players with high reaction times. Use of these setups on netplay may result in side effects such as disappointment, depression, and salt.]

Zero, I can't do your midscreen FC burst combo. The second 5[D] doesn't seem to reach, the opp techs. What's the trick? what should be done ASAP or ALAP?

Stream tomorrow, 4pm pst.

You guys should all check in!

I'll check in once I get off from work. Going to have to miss whatever is before. I hope I can get out early. Speaking of which, I have a mic now so I can use skype or whatever other program people use if people have questions or what not. I probably won't get back to my place until like 6:15pm - 6:30pm PT earliest.

Zero, I can't do your midscreen FC burst combo. The second 5[D] doesn't seem to reach, the opp techs. What's the trick? what should be done ASAP or ALAP?

Which one? The first one on Tao? Here are some things I do that help me, but I'm still not 100% on the midscreen ones yet:

-Get the jump cancel cancel Gold Burst as early as you can, make sure to neutral jump to not mess up laser distance

-When you dash 5C, try to hit them as early as you can so they're higher, but not so early that it whiffs and they tech out

-Super jumping the second 5[D] seems to help but not necessary

-Stagger the jC > j2C as much as you can to get the most untechable time for the second 5[D] to hit

A lot of variables with untechable time and distance with these laser combos, so for now I'm just trying to emulate the videos as best as I can.

Also just to clarify I never made any of these combos...I just remember getting linked to them way back when the game came out, I wish I was that creative lol. Tomorrow I'll get on transcribing them and some of the other Mu combo vids which I don't think have been listed out yet, maybe after C0R's stream.

Okay got the transcript for one of the newer combo videos here. C0R went over some of the new combo routes in his stream earlier today, most of them are just flashy but some of them like the 2C CH in the corner are pretty practical. Love the DP crossup, Tager vortex, triple bomb combo off of bomb, and IAD combos, so flashy. Going by visuals before I attempt to grind some of these so feel free to correct my notation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8DnQQ5jx1Q

0:20 - 6B > RC > dash 6A > 5B > 6A > 2C > 5C > 6C > 4D > SoD > dash 6C > 214D > dash > j2C > dash 2C > 5C > Omoikane (4,599 dmg)

*Finally a good way to burn meter on midscreen 6B hit. Note this is crouching only, if ever the opponent somehow got hit by 6B standing. I think they stagger the 6A > 5B > 6A after the RC to get closer to SoD cornerbound point or something

0:36 - (back close to corner) IAD 623C (DP crossup) > RC > dash 6B > 5C > 2C > superjump jC > j2C > 2C otg > 6C > 6D (?) > SoD > 2C > j2C (D hits) > dash 2C > 5C > Omoikane (4,403 dmg)

0:53 - (Tager only?) Throw > dash 5C > 6C > 5D > 214D > walk forward 6A > 6C > 5D > 214D > 6D > Yata > dash 6C > 5D > j2C > Omoikane (4,621 dmg)

1:11 - (char specific?) 2C CH > 2D > IAD jC > j2C > dash 6A OTG > IAD jB > j2C > dash 2C otg > 6C > 6D > SoD > 2C > j2C (D hits) > dash 2C > Yata > 2C > 5D > 214D > j2C > 2C > 5C > Omoikane (5,982 dmg)

1:34 - (corner j2C FC, instant air height) j2C FC > 5C > 6C > SoD (slight charge) > 6B > high loop > mid loop > low loop > double super ender (6,547 dmg)

*Actually practical if you know you'll get the j2C FC

1:58 - (Tager only) airdash jB, jC, landing dash 5B > jB > RC > jB > jC > landing dash 5B > jB > RC > jB > jC > landing dash 5B > 5C > 3C > SoD > 6A > 2C > jC > jC > j632C (3,513 dmg)

2:07 - 214D (bomb) > dash 6B > (walk?) 2C > 6C > 5D > 214D > walk forward 6A > 6C > 5D > 214D > 6C > dash 4D > 632C > RC > 214D > dash > j2C > Omoikane (4,534 dmg)

*Three bombs in one combo off of bomb starter

2:27 - Corner 2C CH > 5[D] > SoD > 6A > 5D > j2C ([D] hits) > j5D > 2B > 5C > 2C > j2C > j5D > dash 2B > 6A > jC > j2C > dash 2C > 5C > Yata > j2C > 2C > Omoikane (6,821 dmg)

*Another practical combo, good punish for stuff you don't have enough time to 6C like close wakeup ID, Jayoku, Tsubame, etc.

2:48 - Midscreen, air j2C FC > dash 6A OTG > :6B > dash 623C > dash 5C > 2C > jC > j2C > 2C > 6C > 6D > SoD > 2C > j2C > 2C > 5C > Yata > j2C > 6C OTG > 5D > Omoikane (5,474 dmg)

3:04 - (Corner swap) In the corner 5C CH > 6C > RC > IAD > jC > landing dash 5C > 2C (autocorrects) > 9jC > j2C > dash 2B > 6A > j2C > j5D > dash 2B > 5C > 2C > 7j2C > 3C > SoD > 6A > 6C > 214D > microdash j2C > dash 2C > 5C > Omoikane (6,298 dmg)

3:30 - Dash under 2B (whiff) > 5B > 3C > RC > 6A > 7 superjump airdash jB > jC > j2C > dash 2B > 6A > superjump delay airdash > jB > jC > j2C > dash 2B > 6A > 6C > 5D > 214D > dash 6B > SoD > dash SoD > 5D > j2C > Omoikane (5,423 dmg)

*Emergency tech crossunder reset into corner-to-corner IAD combo. Can't tell if these are super jump back, delay airdashes or straight up IADs.

3:57 - SoD FC > dash under 6A (autocorrect?) > IAD jB > jC > j2C > dash 2C OTG > IAD jB > jC > j2C > dash 2B > 6A > IAD > jA > jC > j2C > dash 2B > 6A > 6C > 5D > j2C > 623C > RC > 6C > 214D > j2C > Omoikane (5,610 dmg)

*Close to corner SoD Fatal into corner-to-corner IAD combo

C0R, thanks for the stream!

How much does the mentioned NEW corner 2C CH combo of yours does? The one with charged stein involved?

I've been doing the following stuff so far:

(corner) 2C CH > (walk back) > 5C > 6C > SOD > 6B > (66) > high loop > mid loop > 66 > double super ==> ~6850

mu hits sooooo hard... slowly im gravitating back to her D:

quck question has anyone ever landed a 6c in a real match and actually did 7k with it?

l could do her cs1 fc combo easily because it was easier to confirm the hit (for me anyway. 6c lv5 sod into combo), but im finding these nearly impossible.

also does she have an oki thread? ive watched a few vids of jp mu's recently and they're using some newer technology (or tricks, idk)

Dude, we actually do 7k off 5C Counter hit in real matches. And almost the same off 2C or SOD...

6C is a question of 9k.

But what you do have a point in is that 6C is often landed off the corner reach, where corner carry cannot drag the opp to the corner. The combos itself are pretty doable. Problem may be the huge variety of choices depending on your meter, screen position, guy's health etc. Though this is both the hard and the fun :)

quck question has anyone ever landed a 6c in a real match and actually did 7k with it?

l could do her cs1 fc combo easily because it was easier to confirm the hit (for me anyway. 6c lv5 sod into combo), but im finding these nearly impossible.

also does she have an oki thread? ive watched a few vids of jp mu's recently and they're using some newer technology (or tricks, idk)

I hit 6c a couple times last I went down to California, mainly comes up in the Lambda matchup. There are a couple easy tricks to hitconfirm it.

Oki thread is a little [WIP] though.

For midscreen, 6C FC > 5D > dash 5C > 2C > j2C > dash 2C > ...stuff is the optimal confirm. In the corner, 6C FC > SoD (charge) > 6B (like CS1) > 5C > 2C > jC > j2C > high loop > mid loop > low loop > double supers does 8.8k and you only need like 25 meter. I think most of us are still grinding the charge laser combos so don't worry that much about confirming those in a real match.

yes, last night at our offline meetup I caught a backdash near the corner with 6c and did 7k because I dropped the super ender :). I've also started going for 6c fatal and actually hitting with it in a few matchups recently, but it usually ends up in a burst or a drop because I'm not used to the hitconfirm either. If you want to get up to date with CSEX Mu, you can watch these tutorials that I've been working on, there are a few things I forgot to add (like dash 2c 5c supers), so they aren't finished yet, but should still have all the info you're looking for.

1. combos : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoCLTItUeyM

2. setups : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agk5UuSUlr8

Okay so this has been puzzling me for a while.

2b > 5c > SoD > 5b > 6a > j.2c > j.5d > 2b > 5c > 2c > j.2c > j.5d > 2b > 6a > 2c > j.2c = 3234/37 2 Steins

This combo here, taken from the CSX Thread, I can do this combo on characters like Jin and Tager, but it's not working no matter what on Ragna.

Is this just a timing issue or does this not work on Ragna? Everything works up to the last part, after the 2C the laser will hit, and then I can never get the final j.2c to hit.

edit: I think I've found out the reason, being the distance to the opponent when dropping the Stein. I think being too close causes them to get shot a bit higher and Ragna just happens to have a hitbox to make the j.2c whiff.

My inputs have been:

2b > 5c > SoD > dash 5b > 6a > j.2c > j.5d > 2b > 5c > 2c > j.2c > j.5d > dash 2b > 6a > 2c > j.2c (last hit whiffs)

However if I do this, it hits:

2b > 5c > SoD > 5b > 6a > j.2c > j.5d > 2b > 5c > 2c > j.2c > j.5d > dash 2b > 6a > 2c > j.2c = 3234/37 2 Steins

For Ragna and a few other characters, you need to jump backwards, or at least be spaced out for the tighter j.2c's to hit.

Northeast section of the hitbox as opposed to the northmost

Ommitting dashes and staying at max 6a range after 2b should fix the combos. The opposite is true for some other characters.

Checking out the recent videos, came across this new setup that Oboron is using where he goes 6c 5d SoD dash 6d 236d 2d/4d : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybBfnTGks7I#t=2m10s

It doesn't seem very solid at first, but seeing as how it worked both times he did it, it might just be really deceptive to people who don't play mu... I dunno gonna have to try it out.

Man, thanks for appreciation! Sure, go ahead and post it however you like! I'm glad it is of some use and some hype!

Yeah, Just get the two 5D's in, and linking with the 6B won't be a trouble since it's broken range, lol. Pochp even doesn't bother dashing since it connects for him anyways lol.

The trick is when you are start a bit away, so you'll have to dash (to ensure the j.C reaches), and thus place the second 5D in the wrong place. Gotta work out a cure for that...

I'll be testing H.H's / Zero's midscreen FC combo, maybe we'll find some new mixtures. It is actually the best corner carry so far, since lazers let you "delay" the SOD the most, left alone the fat lazers' meter gain. Midscreen is great since it leaves the distant steins to give you a moment for habakiri linking between supers. There is also a burstless hint such as 6C (FC) > 5[D] > JC > j.2C > 66 ~ 2C etc. and that's a pity we don't get to use RC's in high dmg combos, since it gains extra meter for nothing in most of the situations (most times you'll score 6C FC with 50% at hand).

Tested out the combo, 2c 5c Yata causes an extra minimum laser to whiff

2c yata j.2c 2c 5c omo does 9975

Spoilers.

[spoilers]I found a kara throw.[/spoiled]

2c~b, do it.

Tested out the combo, 2c 5c Yata causes an extra minimum laser to whiff

2c yata j.2c 2c 5c omo does 9975

Oh, thanks for testing that.

Damn, that last 2c 5c omohi is also pretty much tricky depending on character and range...

C0R, sorry for my simplicity, but what is kara- and kara-throw basically? ^_____^"

2c~b, do it.

Holy fuck

This will improve Mu's already good throw game. I mean, her throw range is already one of the better ones in the game, but now lol stagger into kara throw. :psyduck: I think I'm doing it right but I can't hear a voice clip from 2C when Mu does it. If this is supposed to happen it makes it even stealthier unlike Tsubaki's where you always hear the voice clip for 6C kara throw.

C0R, sorry for my simplicity, but what is kara- and kara-throw basically? ^_____^"

Basically a kara throw is cancelling the startup of a move with a forward movement with a throw by pianoing/plinking the move and throw inputs, resulting in a throw with more range. It's pretty common in Capcom games, but there aren't many in BB that I know off the top of my head. Tsubaki has one with 6C~B.

Holy fuck

This will improve Mu's already good throw game. I mean, her throw range is already one of the better ones in the game, but now lol stagger into kara throw. :psyduck: I think I'm doing it right but I can't hear a voice clip from 2C when Mu does it. If this is supposed to happen it makes it even stealthier unlike Tsubaki's where you always hear the voice clip for 6C kara throw.

Basically a kara throw is cancelling the startup of a move with a forward movement with a throw by pianoing/plinking the move and throw inputs, resulting in a throw with more range. It's pretty common in Capcom games, but there aren't many in BB that I know off the top of my head. Tsubaki has one with 6C~B.

The other ones that I know of are Tao 5c~b and Ragna 5b~c.

Oh, thanks for testing that.

Damn, that last 2c 5c omohi is also pretty much tricky depending on character and range...\

It's character specific, I don't believe it works on Ragna, but that's all I remember off the top of my head.

Just got done testing 2C 5C omikane on every character real quick with 6B> high loop > mid loop in the corner. It only works on Jin, Carl, Bang, Tager, Valken, and Relius. Haven't tested with Fc or Gold Burst yet. Edit: FC/gold burst doesn't seem to matter so it must just be a hitbox thing. For everyone else, just end with 2C or 3C omoi