Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C0R

[CSE] μ12: War Room - Tactics of Terror v1000

So something interesting happened to me lately that I think deserves a mention. I remember C0R talking about using rising jB during the opponent's neutral tech, since there is a small period where the opponent is considered standing during neutral recovery even if they block low. Well, I tried to rising jB a Hakumen on his wakeup after setting a charged stein, and they tried to counter...the jB got caught by the counter, but Mu didn't get snagged. The counter just whiffed like if he tried to parry a projectile. I guess the counter caught the lower tip of jB's hitbox, but missed Mu's hurtbox. I want to try recreating this because I didn't get to save a replay. It would be nice if we actually had some safe okizeme against Hakumen.

Thats is pretty damn interesting Z. If that ends up being consistent and not just lucky spacing that'd be pretty useful. All dem CHs into sick damage.

So something interesting happened to me lately that I think deserves a mention. I remember C0R talking about using rising jB during the opponent's neutral tech, since there is a small period where the opponent is considered standing during neutral recovery even if they block low. Well, I tried to rising jB a Hakumen on his wakeup after setting a charged stein, and they tried to counter...the jB got caught by the counter, but Mu didn't get snagged. The counter just whiffed like if he tried to parry a projectile. I guess the counter caught the lower tip of jB's hitbox, but missed Mu's hurtbox. I want to try recreating this because I didn't get to save a replay. It would be nice if we actually had some safe okizeme against Hakumen.

Apparently that's something that's unique to computer players. Something with their code disallows them to sit down on the first wakening frame.

As for activating counters but causing them to whiff, it tends to be more detrimental actually. Mu's still stuck in recovery and he's still completely invulnerable to due the counter property.

That happens to Inferno Divider too, but you just recover first and can rape him while he's on his way down.

However, I think you should be able to cancel j.B into a new jump if it hits.

So apparently this game is dying and nobody plays this character anyway BUT

How do you guys feel with 3C as a poke? I was playing some casuals with a friend and we were laughing at how Mu's 3C was jump-cancelable, a fact I often forget about. I start to just throw that shit out there like I'm Hazama, against characters like Haku or Tager.

I just want some activity in this forum. =(

Unfortunately, this game is totally dead out here in the 808, so I don't play anymore. (Not by choice, I'd play if any of the jerks out here would play with me lol.) Though the game seems to be dying everywhere, so I'm not surprised. :<

Anyways, when I still played I would use 3C as a poke a lot, not because I honestly knew if it was any good to use but because those counterhits are sexy and I like to hope people will try to mash out. ^^;

Gah it's been too long why am I here...I don't know anything anymore...

I miss my robot of death.

I don't like it. It doesn't hit very high, so if the opponent jumps it'll whiff, and the recovery isn't great. Against Haku his 3c is faster and has better range, I think. Could be good against tager, but probably not worth the risk of eating a jump forward j.b. Might be good in some other matchups, I kind of like it in the litchi matchup when I think I've got a read on itsuu, but it's not really worth the risk/reward.

Yeah. I'm kind of sad Extend is dying, but it's not like everyone is bored to death of essentially having the same game since CT. It really needs a major overhaul to get back up again. I sold extend with no regrets, worst version to date despite my characters being godlike.

P4U won't last, either. When the new BB comes out P4U will die a quick death. So I guess I'll skip P4U and just <3 KOF or something.

Sad times.

if everyone keeps saying p4u wont last long, then it really wont last long. regardless of what's coming out in the future, regardless of what history has spoken about bb, if you like/love the game, have some faith in it and enjoy the game for however long it lasts.

^Yeah. It's all about attitude and how much effort we put into having a healthy scene. It's honestly kind of disheartening when people just say "BB is dying", I'm like "man, I guess nobody really enjoyed this game but kept playing it for 3-4 years". I hope that doesn't happen again with Persona after the new game hype wears off.

I don't really understand why people say it's dead/dying, every time I go on netplay I have someone to fight, every time I go on dustloop people are still here discussing it and setting up matches and whatnot.

That may sound a little naive, but like, am I wrong?

Don't forget this is the gameplay discussion thread, lol. Continue in the general thread plz.

So anyways, been trying out 3c poke recently. I actually kind of like it in some matchups, doesn't really work out in others. Still pretty risky to use though.

It's really good in the Litchi matchup, counter pokes 6b and itsuu very easily. It's also excellent in the HK fights because of how it doesn't extend her hitbox and beats out kishuu

For someone just starting out with this character what are her absolute essential BnB's that should be learned first?

Midscreen off normal confirms is pretty easy, basically gatling stuff into Sword of Decimation, or 6B into Sword of Decimation. Learn to confirm crouching or counter-hit 5C into 6C to get a little more mileage midscreen, you can either go for a stein setup, or cancel into a D and then into Sword of Decimation for 1 stein + corner carry. After you do that, you can dash and 6D into 214D for the simplest, most effective oki midscreen.

In the corner, you're still confirming into SoD, but can go into a more damaging corner combo:

...5C/2C/3C > SoD > 6A > (delay) 6B > 6A > j2C > jD > 2B > 6A > jC > j2C

...6B > SoD > 6A > 5C > 2C > jC > j2C > j6D > 2B > 6A > jC > j2C

...Throw > 6A > (delay) 6B > 6A > j2C > jD > 2B > 6A > jC > j2C

These are the easiest, most reliable corner combos that should work on everyone, and will teach you the basic Mu combo parts. After the j2C you can set up oki, or end with a 3C sweep for other setups. You can also end with super (632146C) for an extra 1.2k off any starter.

Learn these first, then move on to 6C FC combos, guard crush combos, confirming anti-airs into the optimal routes with 214D (whiff) for corner carry, 3C CH and RC combos, bomb combos, and other stuff. For a more comprehensive list, check out pochp's list on the wiki for more combos and execution tips:

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mu_%28BBCSE%29#Combos

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Midscreen off normal confirms is pretty easy, basically gatling stuff into Sword of Decimation, or 6B into Sword of Decimation. Learn to confirm crouching or counter-hit 5C into 6C to get a little more mileage midscreen, you can either go for a stein setup, or cancel into a D and then into Sword of Decimation for 1 stein + corner carry. After you do that, you can dash and 6D into 214D for the simplest, most effective oki midscreen.

In the corner, you're still confirming into SoD, but can go into a more damaging corner combo:

...5C/2C/3C > SoD > 6A > (delay) 6B > 6A > j2C > jD > 2B > 6A > jC > j2C

...6B > SoD > 6A > 5C > 2C > jC > j2C > j6D > 2B > 6A > jC > j2C

...Throw > 6A > (delay) 6B > 6A > j2C > jD > 2B > 6A > jC > j2C

These are the easiest, most reliable corner combos that should work on everyone, and will teach you the basic Mu combo parts. After the j2C you can set up oki, or end with a 3C sweep for other setups. You can also end with super (632146C) for an extra 1.2k off any starter.

Learn these first, then move on to 6C FC combos, guard crush combos, confirming anti-airs into the optimal routes with 214D (whiff) for corner carry, 3C CH and RC combos, bomb combos, and other stuff. For a more comprehensive list, check out pochp's list on the wiki for more combos and execution tips:

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mu_%28BBCSE%29#Combos

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks! Okay I looked at the wiki and am thinking of practicing these:

Midscreen:

2a 2b 5c 2c 3c SoD

5c 6c RC 6b 6a j.2c 2b 6a j.2c 2b 5c 6c

Corner

6B > SoD > 6A > 5C > 2C > jC > j2C > j6D > 2B > 6A > jC > j2C

Is this okay to start with? Or should I do something else? And is there anything to confirm the hit on the corner combo before going into SoD or is 6B sufficient? Sorry, I'm a blazblue newbie in general so everythings new to me.

6b has two hits, so you shouldn't need another move to hitconfirm it. If ever you go into SoD on block you can charge it a bit to make it less negative on block and sometimes get a fatal counter.

Learn this one too : 2a 2b 5c SoD 6a 6b 6a j.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c j.2c If your starter isn't 2a you can almost do anything before SoD, so it's probably one of the combos you'll be using the most.

Next one you should learn would be anti air combos, those that start with 2c/6a CH. You need to change the combo depending on how far you are from the corner, but they're really important too.

wheee new tech. well unless you already knew, this is pretty simple stuff.

combo ending in 6c... 5[d] 236a dash 5b jump back airdash forward. ]d[ crosses up, if you time it right you can combo after. you can also not airdash to create a fake crossup once they start blocking it. You can also do 6c 5[d] iad cancel j.b 5b jump back airdash for a harder to block mixup as you can cross up multiple times, but not as solid as people can late tech and you don't have 236a covering you. Maybe a video will help to demonstrate, but my equipment currently doesn't work due to a broken coax cable. its similar to shadow labrys' 5c 5a jump cancel airdash mixup, except harder to pickup from.

blockstring into 3c RC dash2b. people often stand after a blocked 3c, either expecting j.2c or wanting to punish or something, so you catch them in their crouching animation which allows for a nice combo into 6c. If 3c hits you get a full combo by doing dash 2b : 3c RC 2b 6a j.2c 2b 2c 6c habacan 6a 6b 5c 6c OR 3c RC 2c 6a j.2c 2b 6a 6c 5d 214d 6a 6c 5d 214d 6c for midscreen. Got the idea from playing May in gg, doing 3k RC 2k to make it safe.

"Savior of Mu-12 community"?

Nice ego you got there.

Its a joke. I don't even post enough on this site or in the mu-12 forums to call myself that seriously. I don't think im some godlike player. I've never been to a offline tourney. calm down b4 we have a riot in the forums. u could of at least give me some adivce. The combos start after 0:06 if ppl thinks its a troll video which i would not waste time doing. If I offfended you or anyone else then sorry. maybe i should say im joking in the vid.

Edit: i'll add im joking about the Savior part on the intro vid.

Try to edit out dropped combos. Avoid ending combos with 3c, I guess it depends on what you want the video to be, but as 3c isn't always the ender you're going to end your corner combos with, you might want to cut it at the last j.2c to give a good idea of how much damage the combo does. It's ok that you didn't use supers, I mean the animations are long and they add their minimum damage anyways, people don't need to know what happens when you super, but I guess it does make it more flashy if you're doing a combo video. You might want to invest into slightly better recording equipment if you're planning on recording a lot, a Dazzle is pretty cheap but much better than what you're currently using, if you have a CRT you could use. You could also not set the meter to max to show the meter gain of your combos.

Also, this isn't really relevant to the video itself, but a lot of those combos aren't that optimal. You might want to check these videos again :