Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isuyaru

[CSE] Carl Clover Combo Thread

I'll work on this later, for now I just want topics to exist so this board and discussion can be more organized.

At the very least, here's some stuff I wrote down a while back. I don't expect it all to be optimal, but it's a start until I get a real list going.

Generic combos off 2A starter:

2A > 5B > 6B > 623C > 22D > 5C > input 2]D[ > jump forward j.B > j.C > (2D hits) > 236B > j.2C allecan > sj.B > j.2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C > 8D > j.2C > allegretto > 8D

damage: ~2650

meter gain: ~53

2A > 5B > 623C > 22D > 5C > input 2]D[ > jump forward j.B > j.C > (2D hits) > 236B > j.2C allecan > (input 4D) 5C > jump forward j.C > (4D hits) j.44 > 5C > sj.B > j.2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C > 8D > j.2C > allegretto > 8D

damage: ~2900

meter gain: ~60

corner 5B starter, Nirvana already in position:

5B > 2B > 5C > 623C > 2D > j.2C allecan > 5C > 421D > j.2C allecan > 5C > jump back j.C > 4D > forward dash > 5C > sj.B > j.2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C > 623D > j.2C > j.C > 8D > j.2C > allegretto > 8D

damage: ~4500

meter gain: ~75

corner 3C CH, Nirvana already in position

3C CH > (input 2D) j.2C allecan > 2D hits > fully charged 6C > j.2C allecan > j.2C allecan > sj.B > j.2C > j.C > 623D > j.2C > j.B > dj.B > j.2C > j.C > 6D > j.2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C > 8D > j.2C > allegretto > 8D > (optional fermata)

damage: ~5700 (~6600 with fermata at the end)

meter gain: ~75 (~25 with fermata at the end)

.:: Unblockable Setups ::.

- Universal Unblockable (This work with all the characters in this game)

5B, 2B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3]D[, IAD, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

If your starter is 5A or 2A (Max one more A after the last A in the begining)

2A, 5A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3]D[, IAD, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

If your starter is 6C (Max three A after 2A)

6C, 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3]D[, IAD, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

After any j.B + 3]D[ UB (This need 50% to perfom a Rapid Cancel)

5B, 623C (Cantabile) Rapid Cancel, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3]D[, IAD, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Unblockable Loops (This work almost with all the characters)

5B, 2B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B, 3]D[

If your starter is 5A or 2A (Max one more A after the last A in the begining)

2A, 5A, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

If your starter is 6C (Max one more A after the last A in the begining)

6C, 2A, 5A, 2A, 2B, 5B, 6C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B, 3]D[

On NCO (Max one more A after the last 2A/5A string that continues from Vivance A)

5B,6B, 6]D[, Vivance A, 2A, 5A, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

After any j.B + 3]D[ Unblockable:

j2.C~Allecancel 2B, 5B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Unblockable Loops for :BANG:

After any j.B + 3]D[ Unblockable:

j2.C~Allecancel 2B, 5B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, 8j.A,(Second hit off 8]D[) j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Unblockable Loops for :TA:

j2.C~Allecancel 2B, 5B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, dash cancel 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, 8j.A,(Second hit off 8]D[) j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Unblockable Loops for :TG:

Need standing position, CoN

5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.A, j.B, Jump Cancel, j.A, j.A, j.B +3]D[

Need standing position, Corner Only, NCO

5B, 5C, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, 5C, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, 5C, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.A, j.B, Jump Cancel, j.A, j.A, j.B +3]D[

- Dificulty of doing the Unblockable Loops:

S: :AR::RG::TS::MK::TA::TG:: (Arakune, Ragna, Tsubaki and Makoto need a very strict timing that permit input the 8]D[ very very early in the 2B after 6C, 2A. Taokaka need dash cancel 5A/2A after 5C. Tager need the j.B, j.C loop and the Jump Cancel j.A, j.A. J.B + 3]D[ Setup.)

A: :BANG: (Bang need both hit of 8]D[ and doing the j2.C almost too close to the ground)

B: :HZ::JI: (Kinda strict timming)

C: :RE::VA::LI::HA::LA: (Relaxed timming)

Chars that until now this loop doesn't work, in this case i recommend using the Universal Unblockable. You can spend 50% meter for a Rapid Cancel and do this again, then after the j.B + 3]D[ UB end it with a big dmg combo.

:CA::PT::NO::MU::RA:

*Keep in mind that in any Unblockable loop you should deactivate Nirvana after 6C and activate after 8]D[ for better results.

** Almost with all the character in this game you will only need two Unblockables, max three, and then a good combo after the UB for deploying all of his life.

*** Best combo after any j.B + 3]D[ UB: 5C, 623C (Cantabile), 5C, 421]D[ (Volante), j2.C~Allecancel, 5C, j.C, 4]D[, land, 5C, j.B, j2.C, j.B, j.B, j.C, 2]D[, land, j2.C, Allegretto, 8]D[, 214214]D[ (Fermata) - Total DMG: 5289 aprox. If you have another meter to spend you can add 3C, 632146C (Gear Super), 8]D[ - Total Dmg 6124 aprox.

**** Remember that the j.B + 3]D[ Unblockable is DP safe. You only need to do option select Unblockable + Barrier

***** Hakumen can always escape with a counter move. In that case is best to alternate the j.B + 3]D[ with j.B + 63214]D[ (Anima) or even 2]D[.

****** You can´t do safely Unblockables all the times again μ -12- because of his Origins move (623C). For this same reason, this is her only safe option so i recommend alternate the Unblockable with baits options.

*******The reason why the chars that i listed as ´´ doesn't work the Unblockables Loop`` is because the 8]D[ hit them almost instantly or just doesn't hit them. If you delay a lot the 8]D[ this only make that 8]D[ hit them two times very quick and not letting you continue the combo. Why i listed this, because is your homework as Carl user to discover a way to doing a Unblockable loop in this characters.

PD: I hate that the only way of doing more than one UB at Tager is using that loop, is hard the Jump Cancel, j.A part.

PD2: If only i did have a hdmi capture card, i would gladly do a combo video showcasing this and setups that deploy all the life of the opponent.

JG's unblockable setups list would fit nicely into this section.

BTW, congrats for getting 2nd at FR, Isu.

I agree, that's good information for the first post, and I'll add it after I've gone through and corrected the errors. For example, off the top of my head, I know the standard loop works on Carl and Noel even though he has them listed with the characters it doesn't work on.

Sorry, I'm still pretty busy for the rest of this week, but next week is my spring break, so expect me to get some things done around here then. In particular, I'll try to get the wiki page finished finally, and since that will require a list of combos anyway, this thread should also see some good changes.

This video has a lot of things that we can steal for ourselves. :kitty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9B8utMIfLg&feature=g-all-u&context=G22f9fbbFAAAAAAAADAA

6C UB setup (highly recommended against :HA:, not recommended against anyone with DPs)

- (Starter), 5B, 6B, 6D, 6C, 5B, 5C, 623C, input 41236D, RC, input and hold 6C, 41236D hits, 6C hits

What would be the optimal combo to do after a fully charged 6C?

This video has a lot of things that we can steal for ourselves. :kitty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9B8utMIfLg&feature=g-all-u&context=G22f9fbbFAAAAAAAADAA

6C UB setup (highly recommended against :HA:, not recommended against anyone with DPs)

- (Starter), 5B, 6B, 6D, 6C, 5B, 5C, 623C, input 41236D, RC, input and hold 6C, 41236D hits, 6C hits

What would be the optimal combo to do after a fully charged 6C?

I have one doubt, i don't get why in the tutorial he put the notation like this:

412363C

For what reason he put the extra 3? i don't think that it was a mistake. Still this setup is very useful and also could be a very strong weapon against Bang, because with this we can go directly to the UB loop.

I have one doubt, i don't get why in the tutorial he put the notation like this:

412363C

For what reason he put the extra 3? i don't think that it was a mistake. Still this setup is very useful and also could be a very strong weapon against Bang, because with this we can go directly to the UB loop.

Now that you mention it, 412363C+D might be some kind of shortcut to get fuoco and cantabile to come out at the right time. I'll test this later.

If 412363CD doesn't work, maybe 41236D23C will?

Alright so having tested this, I think that the extra 3 in 412363 was probably a typo or something.

That said, 41236D23C does work as an input trick in order to get the timing of the setup down.

Alright so having tested this, I think that the extra 3 in 412363 was probably a typo or something.

That said, 41236D23C does work as an input trick in order to get the timing of the setup down.

Well, i suppose that 41236D23C is the better way. Also you can delay a little bit the RC on cantabille for better result.

Did you forget a 6B in the beginning of the second generic combo, or is there a reason you don't follow up the first 5B?

Is mid-screen 2D>6C worth it?

Damage for the full combo is about 4000, but I don't see many people doing it because the timing on 6C after backdash is not strict, but not easy peasy either

Anybody else using this combo... MID SCREEN, not corner

Ok so I was just in training mode to verify the different options/damage potential

If you're interested on exactly what I actually pulled off:

C-O-N state only

5B>6B>623C [2D]> ]2D[ 44> 6C (charge until ground bounce property kicks in)> jB>j2C>jB>jB>j2C>jC+8D>j2C>allegretto>8D>3C (optional, and I don't think I used this... I'll post the official replay later if anybody is interested)

does about 3710 without 3C

Here is the combo that I actually did, and it gave me about 4k (4.1k) something like that:

5B>6B>623C [2D]> ]2D[ 44> 6C (charge until ground bounce property kicks in)> jB>j2C>jB>jB>jC>Volante>5C>B>j2C>jB>jC>8D>J2C>Allegretto>8D>3C

OK so I think this might be my new mid screen BnB. It does solid damage and it gains great meter. You can also leave out Allegretto>8D for a reset opportunity with 6C and 3D unblockable, or 2D> 3C if you're feeling risky

I was testing timing, but i notice that fuuoco come very early and don't connect with 6C full charged

Did you forget a 6B in the beginning of the second generic combo, or is there a reason you don't follow up the first 5B?

The 6B is left out in order to minimize hitstun decay and ensure that the rest of the combo works.

I was testing timing, but i notice that fuuoco come very early and don't connect with 6C full charged

It works if you release the D button after 6D and then tap the 41236D when inputting the fuoco.

It works if you release the D button after 6D and then tap the 41236D when inputting the fuoco.

Mmmmm... i test the method that you mentioned, but it seem that the 6C full charge still hit kinda late. Enough time to mash A and beat it.

Kinda hard this timming, i wonder how is done in the tutorial. Still intrigue me that extra 3 in the notation.

hello guys,

thanks for the combos,

what did means "con"?

CoN =

C: Carl

o: Opponent

N: Nirvana.

Be sure to read topic that explain the basic about Carl.

Mmmmm... i test the method that you mentioned, but it seem that the 6C full charge still hit kinda late. Enough time to mash A and beat it.

Kinda hard this timming, i wonder how is done in the tutorial. Still intrigue me that extra 3 in the notation.

Really? It works for me. :/

Really? It works for me. :/

Your trick work perfectly, i was inputting the 6C too late after the Rapid cancel. Nice discovery!

IDK about haku-men but my variation works just as well but with no heat required. 5b (fuaco) 6B 6C if done correctly it gives the same results only difference is that if u think they are mashing, just let go as soon as the last hit of fucco is done for a free CH

IDK about haku-men but my variation works just as well but with no heat required. 5b (fuaco) 6B 6C if done correctly it gives the same results only difference is that if u think they are mashing, just let go as soon as the last hit of fucco is done for a free CH

But is not the same, because the opp can escape mashing with your setup. The reason why you use heat on this, is because using heat = opponent cannot escape with jump, mash or even DD moves.

If you want to bait, you can always use the regulars tools.

Akira's variation could work against overly respectful opponents who might not expect this setup. When they start catching on to this and start mashing, that's when you start using the "proper" air-tight setup.

O.o JG they do not have the frames to mash A/B/C/D even a DD.. even if they IB, i used it vs LK twice. The first time i though he had frames to jump away... he got hit, second time lol he mashed so hard it was a lil funny & he still got hit. However it is very easy to mis-time this UB which was my point in sayin 'release directly after final fuacco hit' its mash proof.... unfortunately i didnt start using it untill EX so i have no vids of me doing it

O.o JG they do not have the frames to mash A/B/C/D even a DD.. even if they IB, i used it vs LK twice. The first time i though he had frames to jump away... he got hit, second time lol he mashed so hard it was a lil funny & he still got hit. However it is very easy to mis-time this UB which was my point in sayin 'release directly after final fuacco hit' its mash proof.... unfortunately i didnt start using it untill EX so i have no vids of me doing it

Hakumen's counters will beat it if you release it early. At that point, it becomes a guessing game of whether or not you will release it early (admittedly, it will be in Carl's favor).

Maybe you could post a vid with this setups, i still can´t imagine how it is. But, if it true, this could really make even the match vs Hakumen and give us more advantage against Bang.

Still, why where you using this setup agains LK? if he play Lichi you could just do the UB loop instead >_<.

Hakumen's counters will beat it if you release it early. At that point, it becomes a guessing game of whether or not you will release it early (admittedly, it will be in Carl's favor).

That is so true, if the 6C full charged doesn't manage to charge until level 3, that will not be UB. Said that, im pretty sure that you can release a little bit early and still be full UB.