Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SageVarq

How do you get out of a corner?

I consider myself pretty bad at fighters (probably because my first fighter was IaMP) and I don't know how okemi or whatever it's called works. If I try anything to get out of the corner after knock down, I usually get hit. How do you defend against blockstrings and when do you attack back? Do you just have to know the other character's blockstrings?

yeah, knowing blockstrings is pretty important for poking out but that'll come with time. most of the time you shouldn't be attacking to get out of the corner. you should be blocking until there's an opening, then airdashing or dashing out.

The problem is that I get hit after I roll. Can you block instantly right after you roll, or is that there some vulnerable frames? It might because they're hitting me high, and I'm just not paying attention.

neutral tech in the corner and block, if you think your opponent is taking liberties with you, then buffer a reversal of some kind as you tech.

The problem is that I get hit after I roll. Can you block instantly right after you roll, or is that there some vulnerable frames? It might because they're hitting me high, and I'm just not paying attention.

no, rolls are pretty vulnerable and if you roll all the time every time this will happen to you:

if that's not a motivation to stop rolling then i don't know what is