Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SweetJohnnyCage

East Coast Throwdown 4 - Road to EVO 2012 - June 9-10, 2012 - Morristown, NJ

Ladies and gentlemen, Joe "iloveu" Ciaramelli (AKA Long Island Joe) and John

"SweetJohnnyCage" Gallagher are proud to present:

East Coast Throwdown 4

http://ecthrowdown.com

http://facebook.com/ecthrowdown

http://twitter.com/ecthrowdown

===================================

SPONSORED BY:

One Frame Link

Ultra Spec Cables

NAMCO-BANDAI Games

Autumn Games

Reverge Labs

East Coast Throwdown 3 marked a new milestone for the ECT legacy. Every year we nearly double attendance. In 2009, we had a mere 168 players come down to compete in one of the most tense weekends in east coast fighting game history. Players fought through a gauntlet for a chance to play on Team East Coast at Evolution that year. East Coast Throwdown 2 was no different, only that year it was 344 players coming to New Jersey. In 2011, we relocated to a bigger venue, and were one of the first tournaments on the East Coast to host playable demos of Street Fighter X Tekken as well as Skullgirls. ECT3 was also the year that the a west coast player by the name of Michaelangelo took the East Coast's money in Mortal Kombat 9 in one of those most visceral fights versus Chris G. Needless to say, East Coast Throwdown 4 will be no different.

Hello everyone! Joe on the mic here. First I want to say thank you for the continuous support of this event. Every year just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I am sure this year will be no different. I would like to go over a few things which occurred at last years event. We ran into a few problems last year day 1 of the event. These problems were a conglomeration of preventable issues i.e. staff attendance, pool runners, and others things we couldn't have prepared for. We were one of the first to have AE console tournament. It was before the disc was. All of our systems had AE on it but for some reason a handful of them wouldn't load the game properly. This really hurt the AE bracket in general. There was also power outage along the whole left wall which hindered a few different games start and finish time. We have taken these major problems into consideration and already have more staff on hand for this coming year and an extra power supply ready to go. Using the EVO pool system should also make things run a bit more smooth allowing our players to not feel rushed or stretched between the different games.

I want to say I am very exciting for this year. I have met some of my best friends through this community by traveling and playing. I hope we can create the same experience for you guys. There is no other community Id rather be apart of. Thanks everyone for the on going support.

Joe and I are really happy with the direction that this tournament is moving in. With an exciting lineup of brand new titles as well as returning favorites, 2012 and East Coast Throwdown 4 are shaping up to be one hell of a year. So, without further ado, here's the information for this year's event!

Hyatt Morristown

3 Speedwell Avenue

Morristown, NJ 07960

(973) 647-1234

=====MASS TRANSIT INFORMATION!!!=====

To get to the hotel using mass transit, please take the Morristown Train Line from Penn Station in New York to the Morristown line.

HOTEL ROOM RESERVATIONS CAN BE MADE!!!

Hotel Room Booking Page

Venue fee is $25 pre-reg and $40 at the door.

East Coast Throwdown 4 has been chosen to be a part of the EVOLUTION 2012 Tournament Season. Much like last year, players who place in the Top 16 in each game's tournament will be awarded seeding points at each of the EVOLUTION 2012 Tournament Season events. These games include Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012, Street Fighter X Tekken, Soulcalibur V, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, as well as King of Fighter XIII. Here's how the point system will work for 2012:

1st Place: 50 points

2nd Place: 25 Points

3rd Place: 10 Points

4th-16th Place: 1 Point

Again, these points will be awarded to players at all Tournament Season events, so be sure to enter as many events as you can leading up to ECT4!

Online registration will be opening up soon. We will be taking registration at the door for a premium fee in order to save time and allow everyone to get started with their brackets at the schedule times. If you register at the door, you will not get a choice of what bracket you are placed in. IF YOU REGISTER LATE YOU HAVE A HIGH PROBABILITY OF PLAYING PEOPLE FROM YOUR AREA!! We can't stress online registration enough. It's quick, easy, and painless. I'll update you all once we open registration!

We will also be utilizing a smaller pool system than last year, similar to how EVOLUTION 2011 ran. By ensuring that around 16 people are in each bracket, pools can run very fast and very efficiently. I will be doing brackets by hand again this year in order to better guarantee that people don't have to play 2 games at once. Since we're using smaller brackets, there will be more pools available to place players in, making sure you guys don't have to be in 2 places at once. Just report to your pool, stick around for 2 hours, and you're done!

The games that will be held as main tournaments are as follows:

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 (PlayStation 3) - $10

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PlayStation 3) - $10

Street Fighter X Tekken (PlayStation 3)

Tekken 6 (PlayStation 3) - $10

Mortal Kombat 9 (PlayStation 3) - $10

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition (PlayStation 3) - $5

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (MAME on PC, sticks will be provided) - $5

King of Fighters XIII (PlayStation 3) - $10

Soulcalibur V (PlayStation 3) - $10

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (PlayStation 3) - $10

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PlayStation 2) - $10

Tournament Rules

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012

2/3 Rounds

2/3 Matches, 3/5 Grand Finals

Double Elimination

All available in-game button macros are legal (PPP, KKK, etc)

Prizes are 70/20/10 of entry fees

Please scroll up for EVOLUTION 2012 Tournament Season Point delegations

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

2/3 Rounds

2/3 Matches, 3/5 Matches Grand Finals

Double Elimination

Street Fighter X Tekken

2/3 Rounds

Double Elimination

Tekken 6 - Being handled by Juan "tHe real Law"

3/5 Rounds

Double Elimination

Mortal Kombat 9

2/3 Rounds

Double Elimination

Kratos is BANNED

DLC Characters are allowed

King of Fighters XIII

2/3 Games

Double Elimination

Soulcalibur V

3/5 Rounds

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

2/3 Rounds

2/3 Matches, 3/5 Matches Finals, 4/7 Grand Finals

Double Elimination

Noob Saibot is BANNED

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition

2/3 Rounds

Double Elimination

Gill is BANNED

BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extend

2/3 Rounds

2/3 Matches, 3/5 Matches Finals and Grand Finals

Double Elimination

Unlimited Characters are BANNED

Loser can change character, winner is character locked

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

2/3 Rounds

Gold, Shadow, and EX Characters are Banned

Loser can change character, winner is character locked

Skullgirls

Rules are still being determined by the community

Prizes are 70/20/10 of entry fees + $500 bonus pot

We will be working out the schedule within the next few weeks along with refreshing the website for 2012. If you guys have any comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to voice them here or shoot me a PM! Let's get hype!!!

Yo guys, on some real talk, shout outs to Team St1ckBuG for holding things down like true professionals last year. We were honored to have you working with us last year, and we are definitely looking forward to your help again this year. GET HYPE!!!

Yo guys, on some real talk, shout outs to Team St1ckBuG for holding things down like true professionals last year. We were honored to have you working with us last year, and we are definitely looking forward to your help again this year. GET HYPE!!!

For anyone that wants to attend their first major, this is one of your best choices. This tournament is pure hype.

If you're part of the north east scene you DO NOT want to miss this event.

IIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM GOING TO TAKE FIRST!

Every time.

I know I asked this a while ago on SRK, so incase things changed, will Skullgirls get added if it gets a March release?

Every time.

I know I asked this a while ago on SRK, so incase things changed, will Skullgirls get added if it gets a March release?

We're not going to be doing pre-reg for it, but we might hold it as a side game if there's enough interest. We have a lineup of 12 main games this year and adding another isn't feasible for a 2 day event. I'll be the first to tell you guys that we're looking to make ECT5 3 days next year if the popularity and hype surrounding all of these games keeps up.

Double post, but I have an important question to ask everyone who plans on or was thinking of attending ECT4. If we did run Skullgirls, would you guys be OK with it running on Sunday? I'm trying to plan as best as I can but the pools for SFxT, Marvel, SF4, SCV, KOF, and MK9 are going to be quite large and we probably won't have the setups for it on Saturday. Sunday, however, is a much better day since pools will be over and we'll have a lot more available to work with. Let me know what you guys think and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Depending on how many PS3 Setups we have we can probably knock out Blazblue Singles early and then switch the setups to Skull Girls and we will get as far as we can and save the finals for Sunday. Since I know there will be a lot of people that can only make the event for Saturday.

Guilty Gear can start midway through the BlazBlue bracket. We know that with the addition of SFxT that the setups might be low so we will try to secure as many setups as we can from the community.

Depending on how many PS3 Setups we have we can probably knock out Blazblue Singles early and then switch the setups to Skull Girls and we will get as far as we can and save the finals for Sunday. Since I know there will be a lot of people that can only make the event for Saturday.

Guilty Gear can start midway through the BlazBlue bracket. We know that with the addition of SFxT that the setups might be low so we will try to secure as many setups as we can from the community.

<3 Thanks so much Biscuits! That sounds like a really solid idea for scheduling as well.

Long Island players are planning on attending this.

A good amount of the Michigan scene is going to make it out to this. Get hype.

YES! YES! YES! HYPE!

As announced on the GVN Live Podcast, Skullgirls publisher Autumn Games will be an official sponsor of East Coast Throwdown 4! Last year, Mike Z brought over a beta version of Skullgirls for every to test out and give feedback on. The reception was very positive and we're more than happy to welcome Skullgirls into our lineup.

As part of their sponsorship, Autumn Games will be providing a $500 pot bonus to the Skullgirls tournament along with an arcade stick with custom Skullgirls and East Coast Throwdown 4 artwork.

We'd like to say thank you to Autumn Games for honoring ECT as well as you, the players with this sponsorship. Now that that's settled, pre-registration is back online and now includes Skullgirls as a registration option. Get hype everyone! Only 8 weeks left for registration and a $15 savings!

I have been advised not to show my face to this event.

After looking at the fees I'm pretty sure I can't afford it, anyways.

So much for that. I'll buy a bottle of The Captain, instead.

Please elaborate, all trolling aside.

Weeks ago, told my story about February's TSB (both match results and social results) and explain I was tempbanned. The reaction was, well, they were pretty amazed how I so completely messed up in the few months I've actually tried to be in the FGC and suggested I not to go to any more events.

I'm kinda with them on that, losing AND getting the hate while losing lots of money really seems like something better suited to drinking or gambling.

Well I am sorry you feel that way, but please keep the negativity outside of the thread.

The event will be amazing regardless if you decide to attend or not.