Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SweetJohnnyCage

East Coast Throwdown 4 - Road to EVO 2012 - June 9-10, 2012 - Morristown, NJ

Me and the MTL boys are on our way, we should be there by around 12 and one of us is Pool 1 which starts at 12 (AirMaster) please be lenient, thank you.

What's going on in sunday for BB crowd are you guys still going to have casual stations up or are those going to be gone?

I haven't decided if I want to come down today since I'm not all that interested in watching the finals of the games that are left over.

To anyone who was at the BB setup, if you took a black Qanba with white face buttons, a start button that doesn't work on 360, and 2 or 3 missing rubber stoppers, please man the fuck up and give me my stuff back.

Man I wish I knew casuals was happening earlier, I coulda came and chilled for a bit. By the time I figured out you guys were having casuals, it was time for me to go catch the train.

That aside, Saturday was hype as fuck. Good shit to St1ckbug, Dai, and LK holding shit down for BB.

Was nice to finally meet St1ck and MT5A in person. Casuals with Batousai, so lulzy, but very legit.

ggs to everyone l had a chance to play/meet. it was a fun tourney, l hope everyone gets home safe.

oh, are all the matches from ect being uploaded to youtube? (particularly bb and marvel.)

For BB, I know I asked Dai if any of pool 1 or 2 had been recorded on the main station, answer was no.

I'm assuming top 8 got recorded since it looked like LK was doing commentary, but I didn't ask so I'm not positive if it did or not.

For Marvel, I haven't a clue what exactly got recorded or streamed.

Top 8 was recorded for BB. It'll be up on Jourdal's channel.

Shoutouts later. Gonna pass out.

Had a ton of fun at ECT. Too bad most of it was being tense from my first tourny going and the fact I foolishly didn't eat before coming to it.

I probably should have left to get food during the first pools...

Had a ton of fun at ECT. Too bad most of it was being tense from my first tourny going and the fact I foolishly didn't eat before coming to it.

I probably should have left to get food during the first pools...

You gotta be like Lich and bring your own food with you.

Just got back home from day 2 which I didn't think I'd actually go to but luckily my schedule opened up.

Prepare yourselves for massive shoutouts-

Shoutouts to Stick "I FUKIN LOVE GG BECAUSE ITS SO HYPE" Bug for organizing our animu side of things and providing me with a chair to accommodate my needs.

Shoutouts to jourdal AKA SK "I bleed green" D for being a boss and getting me food when I was starving but didn't want to leave to lose my seat. I will do that twitter thing, just for you baby.

Shoutouts to L "been had tournament wins" K for knowing all my shitty Tsubaki shenanigans and bodying me while looking super serious(dem glasses).

Shoutouts to Mashy "I placed 3rd at ECT but got my stick stolen" John for doing well in ECT and coming so far from being so god damn free just months ago. I'm so proud.

Shoutouts to GGJ AKA Cir "I press buttons when I jump in on you" no for some really funny casuals and generally being a good sport with all the nonsense I was throwing at his ass.

Shoutouts to CANA "yes, we're really that stereotypically nice" DA for showing up and providing some solid competition.

Shoutouts to Li "I don't confirm 6A into hotenjin" ch for some fun locals and being so Japanese and finishing combos despite being so white.

Shoutouts to Omni "at least you don't call me ice cube" sscyte for repping that low tier low and sticking with his guns while winning skullgirls like a boss(also for not attacking me for calling him LL Cool J in person).

Shoutouts to random people that came up and told me they liked my combo videos. Makes me want to work really hard on the next one.

Shoutouts to me for actually supporting the scene for a change while wearing that netplayer status with pride~

Shoutouts to everyone else I played casuals and talked to during the event. I can honestly say I didn't meet anyone that came off hostile in anyway which was very nice to see.

Oh and shoutouts to shoutouts.

shoutouts to

-cirno, for actually meeting at least 1 person on DL i didnt know before (even though i barely got games, learned a lot watching!)

-trollbadguy, for small minor sol lessons. seennnnnssseeiiii aka oh captain my captain aka http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8UL_9R_W-Y#t=3m14s

-andy, for showing up, and being there front row and center when i burst baited you with DI (on purpose... sure... we can go with that)

-mahouko, for cosplay (or sommmmeee....thing......)

-may players, for pissing me the fuck off

-my normal crowd, because i love hanging with yall, even if its not for a ton of time

-alan and andrew, thanks for running anime like usual, always appreciated

-sweetjohnnycage and li joe (and all the other ect staff) nuff said, it was a blast

-fanatiq, for making me fear my life rooting for him in that crowd. o.O (and the whole being godlike thing)

-everyone who dealt with my shitty/unique/garbage/godlike play in gg. ^^ thats why i do what i do

see you all at NL sometime or something like that

Whenever I come to EC and don't make at least 1st place I feel like I lost to Zidane.

Good matches and good times everyone. Met a lot of cool people this weekend.

Shoutouts to basedpsrragna god for sometimes winning ( if anyone wants to beat him, his Achilles heel is distractions so just pop off and he'll have to hold that)

shoutouts to mashthat5a for feeling himself, I see a lot of my CS1 self in you so make me proud in the near future

shoutouts to LK for realizing the pinnacle of BB play is mashing

special shoutouts to Stickbug, best room host ever and all around one of the true anime legends

shoutouts to fuck zidane

shoutouts to 3-7 mirror matches and fat sandwiches

shoutouts to fanatiq remembering he's good at marvel

Hey Dacid, how'd you do at ECT? You raped BB cause you're The Bang God™ and EC is so terribad right?

1. LordKnight

2. SKD

3. MashThat5A

4. Dacidbro

Oh. Shit. Well that's cool, you don't even play that game anymore. I heard you've been maining skullgirls, surely you won that game.

1. Omniscythe (Valentine/Double)

2. Psyken (Valentine/Double)

3. Jailhouse (Parasoul/Double)

4. EG|Justin Wong (Valentine/Parasoul)

5. RyRy (Painwheel, Painwheel/Filia)

5. Dacidbro (Painwheel/Parasoul/Double)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. That's fine, the game is broken anyway. Don't you play Marvel with some of the best players on the WC? I bet you cleaned the fuck up in that game.

1. AGE|Fanatiq (Magneto/Storm/Sentinel)

2. EG|Justin Wong (Spencer/Vergil/Frank West)

3. MH|RayRay (Ryu/Magneto/Sentinel)

4. coL.CC|Filipino Champ (Magneto/Dormammu/Doctor Doom, Magneto/Doctor Doom/Phoenix)

5. coL.CC|ComboFiend (She-Hulk/Taskmaster/Spencer)

5. FC|NYChrisG (Morrigan/Doctor Doom/Akuma)

7. RyRy (Zero/Doctor Doom/Magneto, Magneto/M.O.D.O.K./Doctor Doom)

7. AG.MCZ|MarlinPie (C.Viper/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu)

9. FR|Roach King (Wesker/Haggar/Phoenix, Haggar/Morrigan/Phoenix)

9. OmG iTz Andre (Vergil/Magneto/Wesker)

9. DRS.MCZ|MastaCJ (Dormammu/Magneto/Wesker, Dante/Doctor Doom/Wesker)

9. BT|IFC Yipes (Dante/Vergil/Magneto, Spencer/Dante/Hawkeye)

13. PZPoy (Zero/Doctor Doom/Phoenix)

13. UVG|Noel Brown (Wolverine/Frank West/Wesker, Wolverine/Wesker/Akuma)

13. EG|Ricky Ortiz (Wolverine/Wesker/Akuma)

13. TA|Marvisto (Firebrand/Taskmaster/Arthur)

Oh. You didn't place at all... I mean, worse things could happen. It's not like anyone established dominance over you or anything.

B2rEpl.jpg

FACE ME! (that picture came out terrible)

Hey Dacid, how'd you do at ECT? You raped BB cause you're The Bang God™ and EC is so terribad right?

Oh. Shit. Well that's cool, you don't even play that game anymore. I heard you've been maining skullgirls, surely you won that game.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. That's fine, the game is broken anyway. Don't you play Marvel with some of the best players on the WC? I bet you cleaned the fuck up in that game.

Oh. You didn't place at all... I mean, worse things could happen. It's not like anyone established dominance over you or anything.

B2rEpl.jpg

FACE ME! (that picture came out terrible)

BB wasn't surprising, you guys are frauds for letting me hit top 4.. Sg was impressive, pretty bad to lose to Justin even if it is similar to marvel, and not making it out of pools in marvel isn't even surprising to me I don't practice that at all

gs with kof though that was mad impressive.

Btw the picture came out great on Carlos phone

We had a great time, NJ and NY, thanks for hosting this awesome event !

Shoutouts to Stickbug for doing so much for each and every one of us. I have a lot of respect for you, and east coast would probably whither away without you there. Appreciate this man.

Shoutouts to Stickbug again FOR NOT EVEN PLAYING A SINGLE CASUAL MATCH WITH ANYONE ALL WEEKEND. I feel terrible about this, it's my only regret.

Shoutouts to DaiAndOh for bringing the hype and helping to organize the event. I also didnt see you play a single match (I hope im wrong and you got some good games in this weekend !)

Shoutouts to LordKnight for taking first one more time and being a nice guy to everyone hounding him for matches

Shoutouts to Dacidbro for cheering me through pools ! I hope to meet you in the brackets next time.

Shoutouts to Trollbadguy for dealing with my FRKZ and also having lots of ggs in gg.

Shoutouts to SKD for being such a nice down to earth dude. I really look forward to another FITE with you !

Shoutouts to MashThat5A, you placed high, you deserve it, don't let'em tell you otherwise. Look for the right places for you to IB and escape pressure. I wish i had your patience and respect.

Shoutouts to Lich for the tight match out of pools with me. I look forward to a rematch !

Shoutouts to SUPERSCIENCE we had a great time and good talks, im so glad i didnt miss the chance to hang out with you.

And Shoutouts to all of east coast for their hospitality, fat sandwiches, smooth roads and hype FITE. Expect to see Montreal Tamashii again !

Edit: PS, Shoutouts to dangerexy. Stay godlike stickbug !

Shoutouts to jourdal AKA SK "I bleed green" D for being a boss and getting me food when I was starving but didn't want to leave to lose my seat. I will do that twitter thing, just for you baby.

Wut

Singles

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA808B0DBD9C35371

Teams

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2FA3C8000A61AAE2

Bai

Shoutouts to Stickbug for doing so much for each and every one of us. I have a lot of respect for you, and east coast would probably whither away without you there. Appreciate this man.

Shoutouts to Stickbug again FOR NOT EVEN PLAYING A SINGLE CASUAL MATCH WITH ANYONE ALL WEEKEND. I feel terrible about this, it's my only regret.

I appreciate the kind words. I try to make sure everyone enjoys themselves at the tournaments I help run. You take your time (and spend your money) to come out and support the events that make this community so great. It's only natural that I treat the people that show up like they're my good friends, whether I know them that well or not. Canada has that fucking TAMASHII. It's only natural I treat you guys with respect.

We got to play BB casuals at MAD, and I don't expect the outcome to be any different since I haven't play a whole lot since then. I do regret not being able to play you in GG though. I should've taken my TV out of the main ballroom and moved it up to my room so that we could come back and play. I also didn't have my fat PS2 on hand (and I didn't want to call Iora that early in the morning). Bad luck, bad planning, and me being a tired old man at tournaments never helps my cause. I fucked up. I should've just taken his stuff to my room like I had panned on doing the whole time.

I wish you guys could've gotten in Friday night. We would've had a better chance to play casuals. It also sucked that I had to leave early to have dinner with my family. This was a last minute thing :/

I promise I'll play you in GG next time we meet.

Worry not, you do an extremely good job at organizing and dealing with tournaments, was my pleasure to be there and you guys were awesome. Thanks to whomever I've played in casuals had a lot of fun and hope to see you guys at NEC.

shoutouts to mashthat5a for feeling himself, I see a lot of my CS1 self in you so make me proud in the near future

imdabess

Thank you? I won't disappoint.

Godlike shit

I feel proud for helping to make this post a reality.

Shoutouts to MashThat5A, you placed high, you deserve it, don't let'em tell you otherwise.

<3

Full shoutouts later.