Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M.D. Orona

Team DAI Emerges! 3/31 [[Long Island, NY tournament]]

NOTE: ALL BRACKETS ARE STARTING 1 HOUR LATER THAN ORIGINALLY PLANNED.

Date:

Saturday, March 31st, 2012

The Gamer's Edge

413 Rockaway Avenue

Valley Stream, NY 11581

Phone Number:

(516)726-3147

http://thegamersedgerepair.com/

NOTE: There is a parking lot behind the building where visitors can park without needing to worry about payment.

EDIT: Some public transportation information is available in this post.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Venue fee: $5

Entry fee: $5 for each tournament, payout is 70/20/10 for top 3.

Controller Availability: NONE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BRINGING YOUR OWN STICK AND/OR PAD (and USB cord if you'll be using PS3 pad).

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND

~Console: PlayStation 3*

~2:00 PM 3:00 PM

~Best 2 out of 3.

~Grand Finals, Winners Finals, and Losers Finals are best 3 out of 5.

~Double elimination

~Loser of a match can change their character. Winner is locked in their character.

~Unlimited Charaters are banned.

***An Xbox 360 setup WILL be available IF and ONLY IF both players would prefer to use it instead of a PS3 setup.

Guilty Gear XX AC

~Console: PlayStation 2

~4:00 PM 5:00 PM

~Best 2 out of 3.

~Double elimination

~Loser of a match can change their character. Winner is locked in their character.

~Kliff and Justice are banned. Shadow/Gold and EX characters are banned.

Melty Blood: Actress Again

~Console: PC*

~5:00 PM 6:00 PM

~Best 2 out of 3.

~Double elimination

***We NEED setups! If you want to play and have a laptop that can run it, BRING IT.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Streaming:

No stream equipment, sorry :<

Recording:

Will be recording Winners finals, Losers finals, and Grand finals for all tournies. Videos will be posted on a YouTube channel at a later date.

me and Orona will be running this

I'll be in charge of running brackets and I'm also bringing a Guilty Gear set up with me

for those taking public transportation Orona will update the thread with some of that info one of these days

shoutouts to Team DAI

:thumbu:

:thumbu:

no

cus im not a dick and idiot

you sure? cause you are sounding like one right now :eng101:

ps3 huh? huge plus. l may come through for this

hell yeah

gio why do i not have your phone number

gio why do i not have your phone number

lol I really don't know, guess it never crosses my mind. I'll just pm it to you you planning on going to this?

Someone drive me from Hofstra, it's 20 mins (90 mins public trans wtf?)

And as I have stated multiple times in the LI thread, I live like 2 minutes from Hofstra and have no problem with providing transportation.

:3

Hmm there should probably be a time schedule for when events are going to start.

Also sucks I can't go to this.

Well the main 3 events are BB, GG, and MB, all of which are on the first post.

BB: 2pm

GG: 4pm

MB: 5pm

The only thing I didn't mention is that the gamers edge opens at around noon.

I guess the other thing I should've mentioned is if anyone wants to bring their PS3 or 360 copy of [insert random fighting game here], they can bring it and we should be able to have a setup for it (assuming of course, that we don't run out of space).

I'll edit that in a bit later, after I get the public transit info together.

And as I have stated multiple times in the LI thread, I live like 2 minutes from Hofstra and have no problem with providing transportation.

:3

DaiSt1ckbug!

How many open slots are in your car?

5 seats including the driver. I'm going alone as of right now so you has 4 open seats to work with.

You bringing anyone with you?

5 seats including the driver. I'm going alone as of right now so you has 4 open seats to work with.

You bringing anyone with you?

I'm going to ask around.

Protip: Until proven otherwise, assume that the entire BB scene is poverty :v:

But yeah, there is no way I can manage a trip to and from Brooklyn D: Especially if I gotta drive you back afterwards.

However, what I can do is..... [[-sends PM-]]

I know public transit info is late getting out, blah blah blah.

Anyway, for those of you expecting to use public transportation to get out for this:

~By train:

Your stop on the LIRR is the Valley Stream train station. From there, it's a 5 minute walk to The Gamer's Edge that's pretty straightforward.

~By bus:

There are 2 buses with stops at the Valley Stream train station, the n1 and the n2. From there it's the same process as if you'd taken the train.

There is a 3rd bus that has a scheduled stop on E. Merrick and Rockaway Avenue, the n4. Walking from that stop is a little longer than from the train station, but both are under one mile in distance. Just once you get off the bus, you'll be walking southwards in the direction of Lincoln Ave. There's a seemingly long chain of traffic lights, but the blocks are pretty short. Once you reach the underpass, you should have a visual of McDonald's. Walking past there, The Gamer's Edge should be on your left.

For the peeps that don't feel like they need to waste 5 minutes on that video, just note the following landmarks if you're walking:

~Staples (near the train station)

~McDonald's (less than a block from the Gamer's Edge)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

And if you're driving out and want a clue as to where the parking lot is, well, you can look at this. Again, if you feel like skipping the video, just know that the street after Gamer's Edge is Fourth Street. You turn down that and literally right behind the building is a lot that's meant for the employees that work there and the residents that live there. There's some yellow painted parking spots that don't require any permit or anything but have a 2-hour time limit, the white painted spots do require a permit.