Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Domethieus

[CSE] Makoto Combo/Discussion Thread

I guess it depends if you have a good signal for the micro dash buffering, and how many frames of leeway you can get the 5cc/whatever down to.

micro dashes during tsubaki's jump loops are easy because the timing for buffering the microdash is easy. but after 214X I find it annoying because I don't have a clear indicator when I should buffer it I guess. She kinda just stands there and then the recovery ends. with the jump loop, the recovery ends when she lands so you can clearly see it and buffer it..

I never play online, the few times that I did I always ended up wondering why I was doing this to myself.

This. Netplay Makoto is legitimately the worst thing you can do to yourself.

My main execution barrier right now is doing 66 2C after stuff > 5D > 2D in the corner. It probably just comes down to practice, but man is this awkward to time.

If you go air-to-air with Makoto's j.A, do you do something like j.A > j.A > j.B > dj.B > 623C~D mid-screen? I'm unsure if I should go for j.Cs here.

Oh, and in corner combos, 2C > 236A etc, are you supposed to do a late cancel of 2C? I find the opponent drops out of the orb sometimes, and I feel like I have to either cancel 2C later or catch the opponent farther down with 2C.

-j.A > j.A > j.B > 623CD or jc > j.B 623CD

-j.A > j.A > j.B > jc > j.D > corner? (yes)> 662D > 2C 236AD > 66A5D > ender

Yeah, you have to delay the 236AD or else it won't hit properly. Also, Break Shot itself shouldn't be done asap, try to delay it a liiiiitlle bit according to your opponent height + hitbox.

Don't know if this has been posted before but, this it 100% heat CH from midscreen to corner (the farthest it works is a tiny bit farther than where you reset in training mode, conveniently enough).

CH 5C > 2C > BBS > RC > 66 > 5D > 314A~C~B > 5B > 6A > 2D > 2C > 214A~D > 5CC > j.B > jc j.D > 665CC > ender

Does 6496 and leaves you with 35 heat.

For much more dmg use 2C 214A~D PF BBS 66 5D 214A~C~B 5CC 2D1 5CC j.B j.D 66 2C 236A~D 5CC (at this point you might have to just DP right away or try 5CC j.CB DP) should do over 7k dmg.

do you have any tips on the PF > BBS> 5D part? timing tips. Also on PF > 2D. Which I can get fine but I don't seem to get the correct height for following up with 2c.

To add another question of my own: after 214A~CC, if your opponent doesn't tech immediately so as to try and screw with your timing, what should be done? I know I can pick them up with 2B, but usually when I use a 214A~CC in a combo I've hit-confirmed mid-screen with quite a bit of proration, so if I blue beat it I don't think I get much to work with. I dislike this guessing game so much I'm considering just ending my mid-screens in 5B > 6C > 214A~C~A permanently unless I'm looking to RC 214A~CC.

(Also because online 214A~CC is damn inconsistent on 3 bars unless it's a CH)

It depends on what you are aiming for.

214A~CCCCC gives you more meter and corner carry while 214A~C~A gives you a free knockdown.

To answer your question, you just pick them up with 2B like you said yourself. Proration will let you go as far as "2B > 6A > j.B > j.D" in case it doesn't reset on pick up, I'm sure.

2b>5cc is safer as far as proration goes, but bluebeating a combo that 2b>6a doesn't connect on seems kinda bad.

I say because I've been trying to figure out what to do after I end a long corner combo. If I end with 5cc> JB> corona, then if I 2b it'll catch them if they don't roll or if they roll. Seems a little tight, sometimes bluebeats, sometimes picks them up for a fresh combo. but by that point, 2b>6a can be teched.

But this doesn't work too well for me. if they neutral tech, I'm at a disadvantage. if I get a blue beat combo. JB > JD doesn't work. 2b>5cc> PF would work but if I was going to PF I'd normally have already done it. Usually ends up with them teching mid air and getting out of the corner.. hmm...

I don't even know why I just started grinding stuff out in this game with CP around the corner, but whatever.

This is meterless, in the corner, just a plain normal 2c hit needed. Character dependent route variations in bold. Excuse the lazy notation, I'm exhausted @_@.

2c 2d 236ad 5cc 5d 214acb 5cc j5b j5d 5cc j5cb j5cb 623cd :: 5202dmg, +46ht

hazama, ragna, lambda, tager, litchi, taokaka, noel, moo, relish, rachurr, bang, tsubaki, (blob and hackmin)*

2c 2d 236ad 6a 5d 214acb 5cc j5b j5d 5cc j5cb j5cb 623cd :: 5090dmg

platinum, carl

2c 2d 236ad 5cc 5d 214acb 5cc j5b j5d 2b 5b 6a j5cb j5cb 623cd :: 5193dmg

valk

2c 2d 236ad 6a 5d 214acb 5cc j5b j5d 2b 5b 6a j5cb j5cb 623cd :: 5084dmg

jin

*It was probably due to me being tired, but I found the timing of 5cc > 5d more strict on these two, and occasionally crossing under and sending them flying out of the corner, lmao. If you find these timings difficult as well, just go with the platinum/carl route for them.

@Bibi: Do you know if there's video of that combo somewhere by chance? I'm having difficulty with the PF > BBS tricksies.

Oh derp, go figure it'd be on your own channel lol. Got it down now, thanks! It has slightly less carry distance than mine, but I'm getting 7148 with CH 2C > 214A~D > PF(2) > BBS > 665D > 214A~C~B > 5CC > j.5B > j.5D > 665CC > j.5CB > j.5CB > 623C~D (or be a jerk and replace 623C~D with a purple grab for a greedy 8823)

ive been doing some of these combo's and i seem to be able to squeeze an extremely small amount of extra DMG by doing j.cc>j.b>j.c>corona at the end

For example in bibi's 7360 100 meter combo it squeezes in an extra 3 points of dmg

its way to small to make an actual difference but its there for those who care :3

I'm having a hard time connecting 5CC after the 214A~D in the Strong Corner Confirm.

Anyone got any tips?

- hit 2c as high as possible

- hit 214A~D as soon as possible, and release as soon as it hits 3.

I have a question: On the Midscreen High Hit: How do you connect 214 A-C-A? I can't tell since I can't find any BnB combo videos on youtube.

Also, what if I just replaced the 6C->214B-> j.A ->j.B with 5C->j.B? Would that really make that much of a difference?

I think 214a-c-a only works on CH on a grounded opponent.

and Not really if your already in the corner, infact proration is just better if you go 5c J.b.

6c, 214b, J.a, J.b is for corner carry so if your in the corner or close to it just do 5c , J.b

I have a question: On the Midscreen High Hit: How do you connect 214 A-C-A? I can't tell since I can't find any BnB combo videos on youtube.

Also, what if I just replaced the 6C->214B-> j.A ->j.B with 5C->j.B? Would that really make that much of a difference?

To go into 214A~C~A in a combo, you have to either launch with 6C first (IE 5B > 6C > 214A~C~A), your opponent has to be crouching (though 214A~C~B is far better in this situation), or you have to land a CH 214A~C as your starter.

To go into 214A~C~A in a combo, you have to either launch with 6C first (IE 5B > 6C > 214A~C~A), your opponent has to be crouching (though 214A~C~B is far better in this situation), or you have to land a CH 214A~C as your starter.

Right, I tried doing the 2nd combo on the 1st page which both hits a crouching person and launches them with 6C. The opponent seems to end up being too far away though to follow up, unless they're near the corner already.

When ending a corner BnB with 5CC > JC > JB > dj.CC > Corona, is it character specific on who it works on? I find fat characters like Hakumen get picked up easily, but some characters like Hazama will not only whiff the final JC on, but if you SJ cancel 5CC you'll miss the pick-up JC. I suppose it doesn't matter too much as I like Corona Upper's oki better with just 5CC > JCC, but it's good too know if I ever need extra meterless damage.