Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tari

[Other: Community] Introductory Tea and Cake party (Come say hello!)

Hi, I'm sparkaura and I main the loli's of the game, but I focus on Rachel more due to my weird obsession with her lol. I'm still learning and all that. I started BB from cs2 and I got Extend a while back and I'm loving it. So uh yeah that's pretty much it for intro lol

Thanks. I'm hoping to play some of you to get some pointers. I usually go on at night, EST.

Mm, we have quite a few people who netplay around here. Feel free to leave your info in the netplay thread and/or poke folks in the general thread for games. :)

Hi, I'm sparkaura and I main the loli's of the game, but I focus on Rachel more due to my weird obsession with her lol. I'm still learning and all that. I started BB from cs2 and I got Extend a while back and I'm loving it. So uh yeah that's pretty much it for intro lol

Welcome to the boards!

Hey guys.

I'm male, from the depths of the 3rd world (pretty much everything south of Texas, amirite?), soon I'll be 23 and to be perfectly honest I don't really play Rachel and don't really intend to learn how to play her properly, at least not for the time being. I'm quite new to fighting games, so I'd need some ground skills first for a character as complicated as her, wouldn't you agree? I don't usually play zoners, either. Regardless, BB is pretty much THE reason I got into fighting games (I'm digging AH3 more, though).

-So why Rachel? Who knows... It felt incredible when I got a perfect round off my bro by keeping him out almost the entire time. But mainly because she just feels right. Y'know, that hard-to-explain click. I "main" Angelia in AH3, and they are definitely not similar playstyle-wise.

Hang on, I'm starting to see a pattern here...

-So why here (and not an AH3 forum)? Partly 'cos they lack activity, mostly 'cos I've been lurking the Sanctuary for a couple months and y'all seem like cool cats, so I thought to myself I'd keep doing that and also throwing in my couple o'cents every now and then.

Oh ya, the name's so that everyone sounds all "mexican gangsta" when/if they call me. Should be fun :D

I actually started learning the game by playing Rachel, but it probably took me much longer than necessary to understand the fundamentals of the game because of that choice. :P

AH3's a fun game. Not enough people play it, and I'm sad to say that I absolutely suck at it. A bit too fanservice-filled in a lot of ways, but it's all in good fun, right?

And I have to say, when I see "Holmes", I think of Sherlock Holmes. -cough-

(...)

AH3's a fun game. Not enough people play it, and I'm sad to say that I absolutely suck at it. A bit too fanservice-filled in a lot of ways, but it's all in good fun, right?

You reap what you sow, I say. If you fill it with fanservice as a marketing device, there's bound to be people who look down on it for that.

It's such a shame that more people can't find the interesting mechanics past all the sex appeal, though, since the small userbase hurts us players too.

And I have to say, when I see "Holmes", I think of Sherlock Holmes. -cough-

That's the beauty of it: it makes it sound not completely retarded.

You reap what you sow, I say. If you fill it with fanservice as a marketing device, there's bound to be people who look down on it for that.

It's such a shame that more people can't find the interesting mechanics past all the sex appeal, though, since the small userbase hurts us players too.

That's the beauty of it: it makes it sound not completely retarded.

isn't the average age of the characters in this game like 14? =/

isn't the average age of the characters in this game like 14? =/

It is. What's even better is that characters who are clearly over 18 (like Zenia) don't have their ages disclosed. Mind boggling, really :psyduck:

hehe, so i've been proven wrong. l welcome all of the upcoming rachel players - new faces and old.

Hello! I'm just a dude who's only been playing fighting games for like a year. Getting to that point where I'm not quite getting my ass kicked every match!

I used to play on PS3 but now I'm getting all my stuff for XBox instead, including a Hori fighting stick. I've never used one before so I'm looking forward to re-learning all the muscle memory and all that!

I've played Blazblue a little bit, mostly playing with Tsubaki in CS, but I've been watching a lot of Rachel and I think I totally love the way she plays, so I'm gonna start learning her instead. Which I don't anticipate being easy, since I traditionally go for rush-downs and she'd be my first experience getting into a zoner character. Lookin' forward to it nonetheless.

Welcome!

The transition from pad to stick can be pretty irritating at times, but I think it's worth it in the long run, if only so you can play on arcade cabs and on whatever system (as long as there's an arcade stick lying around for it).

Also, fortunately for you, Rachel is a very rtsd-capable zoning character. In fact, it's a large part of her gameplay. :D

Hello my names ozzy and i main rachel cause shes AWESOME!!<3 Ive been playing since cs2 (the 3ds one). i watched the intro and was like WOW shes my main<3, then i got the xbox version and was like AWESOME!!! well its nice to finally post somewhere for the first time. Hi!!! :)

Hello. New Rachel player here. The loli vampire shall be my sub below the loli magical girl Platinum (whi is my main). I thought myself a rushdown kinda man, but I find myself enamored with Rachel's zoning/set-up style.

On a rather unimportant note, my name uses a French/Italian pronounciation, and is pronounced "An-yee", not "Ag-nee".

Yes, but I'm going to try a more zoning style with her.

Maybe I should say hello (?). I'm not new to the game or Dustloop, but I do currently have a day 2 Rachel ^^

Hopefully she may turn into something serious, I love the freedom of style, pumpkin and my mix-up feels orgasmic - still pretty inconsistent with those 2D 9jc j2C stuff though, apparently I'm doing it too slow or there too high. The difficulty seems to differ between starters. I owe a lot of credit to the Rachel Bible for getting me started o^^o

Herro!

EDIT: Oh and I'm a UK player =) Not many of those round here these days...

Rachel eh? That makes 2 in San Antonio now :3

Good luck. Just work on the individual parts of her game. Eventually you can piece everything together.

It's not even my birthday

cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake (and tea)

I'm fairly new to BB. I may have had the game for a while but I go to boarding school so I have been unable to play, but with holidays beginning for me in two days I was hoping to get to know the community. I have always wanted to pick up rachael and now that I will have plenty of free time soon, now seems like a good time to start. Any advice on where to begin?

So in short: Hi

Hello, fellow rachel players. I'm new to dustloop, but not new to bb. I'm pretty sure I've played a couple of people here... maybe. Anyways, I hope can learn new stuff here so that I can improve my rachel. :sweatdrop:

Hey all. Nice to see new faces.

@tehjay105: You can start by glancing over the updated kro_ Rachel bible!

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14170-kro_-s-Rachel-Bible-Extend-Edition-Join-the-religion!

Take it a few steps at a time.

@Bigman: Hey. Yeah I've played you and I'm sure brkrdave has as well. Nice stuff. Maybe we should have weekly rooms so we can learn more about certain matchups.:roboky:

Only matchup I seem to have trouble with is with tsubaki and weekly rooms would be cool. Yeah I play with brkrdave sometimes. Can't seem to win against him :mad:.