Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

.Hack Versus, fighting game for PS3

Still no Mimiru? Still no A-20?

Slacking, guys. Slacking.

Game looks pretty, though - I'm sure the music will be good, too.

Yeah...don't think I could get into this fighter...oh well, not like I was going to import the movie anyways.

Why am I still optimistic about this game? Those combos look like the enemy has an eternity to escape them, yet the system still considers them legit. That Ovan combo was especially silly - 100 hits and the enemy didn't escape it, seriously? Still, those videos are basically single-player training showcases, and it may be a different deal in a proper duel.

Also, for a party fighting, the stages are surprisingly boring and flat.

Why am I still optimistic about this game? Those combos look like the enemy has an eternity to escape them, yet the system still considers them legit. That Ovan combo was especially silly - 100 hits and the enemy didn't escape it, seriously? Still, those videos are basically single-player training showcases, and it may be a different deal in a proper duel.

.hack characters don't have flash step and substitution in this game, unfortunately. lol What I notice is that there's no sort of strafing either. I want an actual fight here. There's no way the only means of dodging is that slow-mo dodge sequence.

Uhhh, so said it was that?

Just because it's not aiming to be in tournaments doesn't mean they aren't trying their all, I mean ever since they built the UNS engine it's been a less "party" fighter (all sorts of gimmicks in UN engine---although I miss some...)

.hack characters don't have flash step and substitution in this game, unfortunately. lol What I notice is that there's no sort of strafing either. I want an actual fight here. There's no way the only means of dodging is that slow-mo dodge sequence.

Irrelevant, for a game with silly (and slow) combos like this, there should've been a comparable mechanic, like maybe a parry or Hold system (a la DoA)

Honestly I blame Cyberconnect 2....or at least their PR department, because these videos should've gotten potential users interested in the title and should've shown off the capabilities of the game, both characters should've been player controlled with their best testers or what have you an shown "high level" play. Instead they just bet on "character love".

I feel like there are still things we don't know about the system but at this point I don't care because this is a step back from UNS (of which I am a big fan of) in every way.

Stiff animations, wonky mechanics, poor meter management, terrible visuals (don't fool yourselves this is NOTHING compared to what CC2 is capable of).

Part of me wants to think CC2 wasn't given proper dev time which is why this titles falls so short, but another part of is grieves at their apparent lost of innovation, it seems they make 1 good engine per generation and just use that rather the evolve as designers and developers :<

So far Kite and Sakuya are the only ones that seem interesting to me to play. Yet they both have the weakest looking Supers man......

Tokio looks very strong and badass, well...waiting to see some proper gameplay, this "trailers" of the characters are boring as hell and may give just too many hate for ppl. I think that i'm gonna import it, because i'm a huge fan of the series, besides of that, the game seems really bad and slow.

Huh, it's out this soon? So we didn't get any characters that weren't announced before? That's... not too much.

Keep in mind this is an "add-on" and not a full game in itself, it was merely created to jazz up owning the movie, so I doubt CyberConnect put all of their heart into this (evident in it looking worst the UN games :< imo) Besides with UNS3 and now Jojo, I'm sure they wanted to focus there efforts elsewhere :3

Also I didn't expect any more characters, with a licensed title where brand recognition and consumer familiarity (character love) are the key selling points, so it does nothing for them to withhold infomation.

Well, it's out...

Um... been out since before my post with the tutorial screencaps. How else do you think I took them. <.<

Um... been out since before my post with the tutorial screencaps. How else do you think I took them. <.<

Can't help it if it was 2AM and that I was less hype for the game to begin with. So sue me. xD Plus, some people here ought to see some actual gameplay at some point.