Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

XBlaze Code: Embryo Discussion (Spoilers)

Glad they don't use the 'x' as a way of calling it something like 'CrossBlaze.' The whole x = cross lazy bullshit with Japanese games lately is really annoying, so it's nice to see it be 'ExBlaze' instead.

Male lead looks generic and boring as all holy crap. Character designs are kinda meh.

I'll probably be getting it anyways if it is indeed related to BB. Yet I'm still going to be pissed because it isn't BB3.

Though it'd make me die laughing and have to commend Arc Sys if this was some silly April Fools shenanigans.

Most posts here made me lol.

also lol Circ edits.

Male lead looks generic and boring as all holy crap. Character designs are kinda meh.

I'll probably be getting it anyways if it is indeed related to BB. Yet I'm still going to be pissed because it isn't BB3.

Yeah I agree with all of that. The fact that the male lead is in some kinda school uniform has me slightly reluctant to indulge in this. If he's 15 too, then I'm pretty much done. The girl with the Christmas eyes (aka "Noël", sorry I had to lol) kinda looks like Noel/Saber which doesn't do much for me. Like you said though, it's related to BB so I'll get it.

The only "adventure game" I've ever played was 999, I hope this can measure up because that was one of the best things I've ever played.

moved to guilty pleasures since this game isn't actually about BB

That's frigging ridiculous. The text mentions the Azure. The trailer has music that is a variation on Awakening the Chaos. The Cauldron is shown.

'No, it's about Guilty Gear."

baikentaunteditthis.gif

You guys are being dumb as hell.

Anyways, anything new on this project?

lol snip

japanese game done by a japanese company where japaneses work and design the games that use archetypes that are common taste for the japanese market

that without adding that mori likes certain things on the characters that he designs

japanese game done by a japanese company where japaneses work and design the games that use archetypes that are common taste for the japanese market

that without adding that mori likes certain things on the characters that he designs

It's seems to me like you might be you're assuming that just because I'm not Japanese, "the right target demographic", I can't criticize? Chances are that if I play anime games and watch anime, I'm close to their target demo, even if I'm not native to Japan. Just because tropes and clichés are overused, it doesn't mean that they're necessarily good, just that they (devs) want a safe bet that appeals to everyone to make money.

And Mori can design his characters the way he wants to. I didn't say anything had to be changed for me (or for my "Western sensibilities", if that's what you were hinting at?), just that I didn't like any of it. It's not bad to want originality. It's a visual novel, do I want to read/experience something I've seen everywhere else already? I get what you're saying, but c'mon.

Like I said before though, it's BB so I'll play it if it expands the story of BlazBlue (which it should since I heard this wasn't a gaiden).

Glad they don't use the 'x' as a way of calling it something like 'CrossBlaze.' The whole x = cross lazy bullshit with Japanese games lately is really annoying, so it's nice to see it be 'ExBlaze' instead.

You do realize this is nothing new, right?

God no one cares about storylines!

Discuss gameplay. Everyone knows it's the typical jp story of 15 year old kid has superpowers and there are chicks around him who have superpowers. A few may be his love interests (MAYBE A CHILDHOOD FRIEND?) but it will never turn out to anything because the main character is clearly homo. There will be some other dudes who also have powers and some badguys. Fights will ensue, innuendos will ensue, shitty story will ensue and we all have a merry fucking christmas.

Why is this in guilty pleasures when it has nothing to do with GG by the way?

God no one cares about storylines!

Discuss gameplay. Everyone knows it's the typical jp story of 15 year old kid has superpowers and there are chicks around him who have superpowers. A few may be his love interests (MAYBE A CHILDHOOD FRIEND?) but it will never turn out to anything because the main character is clearly homo. There will be some other dudes who also have powers and some badguys. Fights will ensue, innuendos will ensue, shitty story will ensue and we all have a merry fucking christmas.

Why is this in guilty pleasures when it has nothing to do with GG by the way?

Dude, it's a VN, there's probably not gonna be much gameplay to discuss other than story branches. It's all about the story. That's why we all want it to not suck as much as possible lol. Also, I don't know why this is here, it's BB related... :\

I wonder if they even have plans to localize this?

as long as rachel makes an appearance, its worth watching. btw is it likely that she will? since chances are she's (still) alive during this story cause you know... shes forever years old

as long as rachel makes an appearance, its worth watching. btw is it likely that she will? since chances are she's (still) alive during this story cause you know... shes forever years old

It's not likely that she's that old. If we consider that time has been looping for a while, and Valkenhayn has since gotten old out of this time, (is he outside of time, too?) then I think it's more likely we'll be more likely be dealing with Rachel's father, with whom valkenhayn was involved.

Even then, this probably takes place before the Dark War. We just don't know who among the oldest of old are going to be around.

Valkenhayn isn't outside of the loop, he's just really old. Beastkin have extremely long lifespans.

My impression is that the game will probably be about the origins of the Takamagahara System (with the three chicks being tied into that, perhaps as representations of past, present, and future) and the Original Units.

It might be so far removed from the BlazBlue timeline that there won't be much direct crossover. If anyone, I'd expect to see Clavis Alucard.

Are you referring to Es? At the end of the video, she says 「対処の殲滅開始します」, meaning "Now commencing termination," or something along those lines. Add to the fact that her hair's similar to Lambda's, that she's wearing mostly blue and has a little red tie, she probably has something to do with them, yeah.

The tsundere got Stroheim as the family name, this game is now God tier to me.

Kinda weird that they decided to show us the girls before the finalized name. Talk about getting your priorities straight.

Es is clearly a Murakumo. Kinda weird naming since Es is a Cyrillic letter, not a Greek letter like all the established Murakumo characters.

If this is the game I think it is, then it's not related to BB at all--it's based off of a novel written by Ragna's Seiyuu, Tomokazu Sugita.

Nevermind that's another game ArcSys is making.

The song wasn't that bad, the WUBWUB was kinda iffy though.

Otherwise, looks kinda generic anime, but I'm a sucker for anime and that twintailed girl is DAAAAMN.