Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huey253

Time to Get Serious - PNW Danisen Season 1

Hello everyone, PNW will be having biweekly ranbats starting on 3/30/12

Stream: www.twitch.tv/huey253

20306 102nd AVE SE

Kent WA 98031

Parking

Park all the way down the street behind the mailbox. Parking anywhere closer is unacceptable.

Time

Friday 4/13

7PM-XPM

Please bring a monitor/ps3/copy of the game if possible. We want to have atleast 3 monitors on location

Event Info

What the fuck is a Danisen?

Good question. The Danisen system is something that's gained popularity in fighting games over the years and is something they use to rank people outside of the standard ranbats. Basically, it's like playing for points. You fight your opponent as you normally would, and then you gain or lose points for winning or losing. There are associated levels and restrictions based on each level. Pretty simple.

Dan System

Starting out

-Each time you win a match, you gain 1 point. Each time you lose a match, you lose 1 point.

-Everyone begins at "Rank 1" ranking with zero points.

-You cannot go below 0 points as a Rank 1

Leveling up

-You can level up by reaching +3. Conversely, if you reach -3 in your ranking, you will level down.

-Every time you level up or down, you start at +0 for that Rank. From there, you can once again move up or down as normally.

-You can only play someone within 1 rank of yourself. For example, Rank 1 vs Rank 2 is fine, but not Rank 1 vs Rank 3.

-If there are less than three people in the highest current level, you may not play at that level until there are at least three people. Try to focus on an alt if you make it to the very top.

Rank 5 - Strong

-Due to the current player cap, Rank 5 is now a special Rank

-Rank 5 requires a player to reach +5 to reach Rank 6, getting demoted to Rank 4 still only requires a -3

Rank 6 - The King of Kings

-Rank 6 is the same type of special rank

-However, you must reach -5 to get demoted from Rank 6

Rank 7 - God of Gods

-A player who is Rank 7 cannot Gain points, for example, if he wins at -4, he will stay at -4

-Similarly, losing to a Rank 7 player does not cause you to lose points (unless you are also Rank 6)

-All wins will instead be counted as W's. They will be tallied up in a cumulative score.

System Rules

-Standard tournament rules, 2/3 rounds, 99 seconds, NO CHEAP SHIT

-All characters are allowed, except the unlimited ones

-In the interest of not wasting time, no Stylish Mode chracters

-Each match you play is 1 point, it is NOT 2/3 matches per point

-Winner stays after he wins, if he gets promoted, then he must get up.

-Losers get up, if there is REALLY no one else to play, you can have a salty runback funback

Station Rules

The way the room is set up is something like this:

-Each TV will have a level range assigned to it (Rank 1-2/Rank 2-3/Rank 3-4)

-Line up on a TV within your correct range

-When it is your turn, sit down and play your opponent

-If you win, you must stay put. If you lose, you must line up on a DIFFERENT station in your range.

This way, if you are capable of following directions, you will never play someone out of your range. If there are a lot of players in a particular range, we'll increase the number of setups for that range, but the same rules apply.

Different Character Rules

-You may play more than one character at the Danisen, each character will have their independent score own score.

-You can even play a character in a vastly different way and have it count as in independent character (For example, Bobby can play on stick have have his score be independent)

-You may play multiple characters per day. HOWEVER, if you choose a character, you may not choose another character until you level up or down with that character. The exception is if you are Rank 1 with 0 points, you may switch character whenever you want.

Loser Jar

If you want to work on your tournament nerves, I recommend bringing some change for the "loser" jar. Every time you lose, you will put your own self ordained amount of money into the jar. I'll be providing drinks at the event, and future drinks will come from the loser jar, so get bodied for a cause.

Current Standings - 4/11/12

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?13846-Time-to-Get-Serious-PNW-Danisen-Season-1&p=1301321&viewfull=1#post1301321

Hall of Fame - People who have donated to the community fund

I think that about covers it. If you have any questions, post them in the thread or talk to me.

Thread shamelessly stolen from JamesX

Even at one dollar I can't afford to lose. Let's get this party started.

When this ranking system was explained to me and given a small test run in Portland I was told you need at least the number of people necessary for one person to rank up on a station, so generally at least four people on a station, and instead of switching stations (which I suppose was optional when we did it) you just ran through everyone kind of like how you might do it normally. Mandatory switching of stations seems like a good idea if you have multiple stations of one rank available, but you can't do that if there is only one rank 2 station for example. So I guess what I'm getting at is that that rule likely is for that specific case of multiple stations of the same rank, yes?

Also if this is a real danisen then could we call them 1st dan, 2nd dan, Strong, etc.? :3

When this ranking system was explained to me and given a small test run in Portland I was told you need at least the number of people necessary for one person to rank up on a station, so generally at least four people on a station, and instead of switching stations (which I suppose was optional when we did it) you just ran through everyone kind of like how you might do it normally. Mandatory switching of stations seems like a good idea if you have multiple stations of one rank available, but you can't do that if there is only one rank 2 station for example. So I guess what I'm getting at is that that rule likely is for that specific case of multiple stations of the same rank, yes?

Also if this is a real danisen then could we call them 1st dan, 2nd dan, Strong, etc.? :3

I think we are going to come up with some troll names for the ranks on friday... also I shamelessly stole the danisen from JamesX, so there will be some changes... I'll think about it later today...

Even at one dollar I can't afford to lose. Let's get this party started.

Wow I lol'd. This will be fun.

Rank 5:

[table=width: 500, class: grid, align: left]

Huey253 (Bang)+/-0

[/table]

Rank 4:

Rank 3:

Kaigu (Relius)+2

sG (Litchi)+1

Tari (Rachel)+1

Tari (Platinum)+1

sG (Ragna)+/-0

ZeNia Joe (Makoto)+/-0

TSK (Tager)+/-0

[/table]

Rank 2:

Adelheid (Tsubaki)+2

Dusty (Hazama)+/-0

Shyn (Valkenhayn)-2

[/table]

Rank 1:

Woki (Hazama)+2

Wulu (Hazama)+2

C0R (Mu-12)+1

Dusty (Bang)+1

huey253 (Arakune)+1

TSK (Noel)+1

CPR (Taokaka)+/-0

C0R (Taokaka)+/-0

Dusty (Jin)+/-0

Dusty (Ragna)+/-0

Kaigu (Ragna)+/-0

sG (Hakumen)+/-0

Tari (Bang)+/-0

Tari (Ragna)+/-0

TSK (Ragna)+/-0

ZeNia Joe (Lambda)+/-0

Dusty (Lambda)-15

[/table]

Things to note for next time:

• We need more stations. We can't have all the ranks playing on the same station, because it character locks everyone into playing on their rank 1 characters or forces people to start playing yet another new character.
  • People can't keep playing the same people again and again, probably. Need to enforce some sort of minimum player rotation, unless there really is no one else available to be played in that rank's range.
  • People playing two games regardless of win/loss actually slows down the progression of the ranks. Not sure if we should stick to this, or go back to the system where the winner stays until he ranks up or loses, though.

For the latter 3 hours or so, a lot of the games consisted of us mashing casuals with random characters. -cough-

I have plus fuzzy/safejump setups for you guys, careful.

I have plus fuzzy/safejump setups for you guys, careful.

its okay guys he'll do everything right and play smart and then just suddenly make terrible choices and lose instead

YOU'LL ALL SURVIVE

EDIT: Either that or COR will evolve to his true form and no one will ever beat him again