Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raijin_CFN

Wakeup defense?

For some reason, the only reason anyone can eat my health bar is because of mixups when I get up, and whenever I try a move even if it's faster it gets stuffed. Does any other Ky player have this problem and what can be done as far as moves on wakeup?

Block, Backdash, HSVT, 1FJ, SVT, RtL Those are Ky's options. I listed them pretty much Best option to worst.

Ride the Lightning is far from safe. Air RTL is getting closer, but still. Yeah...you have to block if whatever they're doing is reversal safe/baiting a VT (which is pretty much what they should be doing). Moves like Slayer 6K/2K, Sol 2D, Axl 2K, etc you can't fuck with, esp. not the low crouching normals their hitbox will dodge the move even at point blank. RTL may work, but only if said move is still active when you're getting up.

shoryuken should be really good option since you have FRC, so pretty easy to make safe assumeing you have meter of course. And tiger knee ride the lighting should be basicly 100% safe assumeing you time it as low as possible with no dust to say. Though dont forget that slash shoryuken hits faster AND lower then hs shoryuken as well. So in a sence there diff moves. A lot of moves that wiff vs hs, slash acctualy hits so...

I didn't know S version hit lower...or maybe just never thought about it. Cool. Can you remember any of the moves it hits that HS doesn't? I normally use S anyway though...I haven't tried it so much on certain lows 'cause I thought I'd get fucked. VT FRC ususally leaves me in a poor situation though. I don't feel like I have any good air to ground options at that angle and I usually have to FD and get put back into pressure or get air thrown. What do you guys do?

anjis duck s, ky/robo ky slide, johnny sweep i think... Boy I dunno theres a lot of random moves, its been to long since ive played to remember everything. But yea slash hits a little lower and since its faster I gues its better against people trying to time there attacks at the later frames of course shrug.... And if you want to think of it in a ghetto way you can use it in a sence to try and get random damage since it stops being invincable right when it hits, so you use it to trade almost on purpose with some lowerish moves, so you get teh counter hit and then can tech into combo even with out counter hit. I think in AC slash hits you higher on counter hit as well then HS right?(again its been awhile)so in that sence I guess in AC.. and hrmm maybe its been taht way since even slash to... Ah...... So yea slash is good in the counter hit more so then hs? Blah thats enough rambling i guess... Oh and slash also you can link after in AC. So slash shoryuken to hit then land duck p. Its more combo video timeing though. But you can get it in some situations more realesticly. This is of course with out counter hit as well I mean...