Sign in to follow this  
mAc Chaos

[CSE] Hakumen Combo Thread

the throw guren stuff were in some combo video......dont remember which one it was

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it showed 3 options:

(1) Throw > Gurren > Hop 5A > 5B > J.B > J.2A > AD J.2A > J.C [2506/]

(1) Throw > Gurren > Hop 2A > 5A > J.B > J.2A > AD J.2A > J.C [2421/]

(1) Throw > Gurren > Hop 2B > 5A > J.B > J.2A > AD J.2A > J.C [2461/]

of which only the second one was universal.

theres some stuff on the @wiki too http://www14.atwiki.jp/hakumenmatome/

Yeah, gotta get around to checking that out too...

^yeah it was that, the throw combo mr businessman posted was on the wiki too

Busy busy busy.

I'll update the thread with your new stuff soon. So the j.B seems to not work in some of the Renka (1) > Kishuu combos. Does that mean it's because of proration and should be removed, or is it just because it requires tighter timing?

To clarify (and reiterate on what axis said,) they're already so high up with the AD j.B j.A 2c combos that you can super jump up and hit them with a delay j.B, but doing so pushes them so high up that the j.2a makes them cross over, hence "awkward reversal." Technically you can still do the combo, but having a reversal happen at the very end of a carry-heavy combo is pretty counterproductive.

It's different to have it as 2c > j.2a > AD j.B > j.2a, of course. However, with starters like 2a and 2b, I didn't bother messing with it. (I'm also just recording what I see in the thread for the most part!)

I don't want to shit up the thread with tons of video posts, so I'll probably limit it to once or twice a week at most.

from corner tsubaki, the renka variation should probably be replaced by

tsubaki > 6C > hop 2C > tk hotaru > falling j.2C > 5C > 2C > sj.2A > j.2C > 2C > j.2A > j.2A > ad j.2A > j.C > 5C > 3C for around 6k-ish

also, where are the 2C TK hotaru variants in general, and the cool sj.B > j.2A > j.2C > 6A > 5C > 2C etc combos :<

additionally, the midscreen 5C combo can be expanded a bit should it go to the corner:

5C > renka > kishuu > hop 2C > j.B > j.2A > ad j.B > j.A > 5C > 2C > j.2A > j.2C > 2C > j.2A > j.2A > airdash > j.2A > j.C > 5C > 3C

yes I play this character shut up '^ '

from corner tsubaki, the renka variation should probably be replaced by

tsubaki > 6C > hop 2C > tk hotaru > falling j.2C > 5C > 2C > sj.2A > j.2C > 2C > j.2A > j.2A > ad j.2A > j.C > 5C > 3C for around 6k-ish

I'm pretty sure you can tack on a SJ.B before the first SJ.2A for a bit more damage / spacing correction.

Edit: If you add on the SJ.B you won't be able to do the 6A at the end before the 5C > 3C. SJ.B version does [6260/2.4] , 6A version does [6262/2.6] .

also, where are ... the cool sj.B > j.2A > j.2C > 6A > 5C > 2C etc combos :<

As for the SJ.B > J.2A > J.2C > 6A > 5C > 2C combos, last time I tried them, they did less damage and returned less meter than the old corner combo with a J.B tacked on in front and a 6A tacked on in back. See this post.

additionally, the midscreen 5C combo can be expanded a bit should it go to the corner:

5C > renka > kishuu > hop 2C > j.B > j.2A > ad j.B > j.A > 5C > 2C > j.2A > j.2C > 2C > j.2A > j.2A > airdash > j.2A > j.C > 5C > 3C

Do note that this combo only works if you have a really good starter like 5C . I wasn't able to get it to work with much else besides 5C, Renka, and Gurren.

Edited by IndigoNovember

Just to double check, but was it confirmed that this combo was universal?

(3) Tsubaki > IAD J.2C > 2C > SJ.B > J.2A > AD J.B > J.2A > J.C [4177 / 0.9]

I seem to remember it was, but I just wanted to be sure since I can't get it to work on a few characters. I don't trust my execution though...

Edited by IndigoNovember

I've found that you need to be very close to land the combo. Maybe you're too far away?

The version without j.B, anyway. I don't know about that one you have there.

Just to double check, but was it confirmed that this combo was universal?

Tsubaki midscreen combo= Major Damage

It was universal in CS2, I remember confirming that, and seeing that Tsubaki hasn't changed at all, I'd say it should still be universal.

I've found that you need to be very close to land the combo. Maybe you're too far away?

Hmm, that shouldn't be the case since in my attempts I've always been right next to the opponent doing a Hop Tsubaki. Probably just my bad execution then.

The version without j.B, anyway. I don't know about that one you have there.

The main problem I was having was just the J.2C > 2C link, anything after that doesn't really matter.

It was universal in CS2, I remember confirming that, and seeing that Tsubaki hasn't changed at all, I'd say it should still be universal.

Definitely sounds like my bad execution.

Thanks for the info guys.

I never got down the new midscreen Tsubaki combos myself. The execution is just too tight, and the star use is not entirely worth it anyway, unless already close enough to the corner that execution doesn't matter as much.

any tips on 5c>Renka(1)>Kishuu,66 2c>j.B>j.2a,AD j.B>j.A,2c>sj.2a,AD j.2a,j.C combo? im finding hard to see the trick to get the j2a after jB to connect close to the hilt of the sword and to see if theres a delay necessary after the air dash for the jB, jA part.

i could do hop tsubaki, 66, 6C lot easier on CS2, now i feel like the slide is a bit shorter, but now u can do tsubaki, 6C, 66 ,6A wich is easier, you can also do a 6C after an air hit of tsubaki after landing.

Charge how much? Full charge or level 2.

Impossible to get the full charge.

afaik it's possible on Rachel and Tager

The only two that it's possible to get 6c lvl 2.

on ch :o

on ch with tsubaki it is possible to catch most, if not, all of the cast in a 6c lvl 2.

i could do hop tsubaki, 66, 6C lot easier on CS2, now i feel like the slide is a bit shorter, but now u can do tsubaki, 6C, 66 ,6A wich is easier, you can also do a 6C after an air hit of tsubaki after landing.

I use his cs2 tsubaki corner combo still, and the untech time is still the same, the only big difference I felt in csex is when you land a non fc hotaru, you can't get a third corner loop. but I've found ways around it.

corner hop Tsubaki > [6C] > hop 2C sj.2A j.2C > 6A > 5C > 2C j.B j.2A j.2A AD j.2A j.C > 5C 3C

5.4k with charged 6C

You should do a SJ.B before the initial J.2A . It helps with spacing.

you can also do a 6C after an air hit of tsubaki after landing.

If you're too high up to land and then do 6C, you can do a very low J.B > 6C .

The only two that it's possible to get 6c lvl 2.

You meant level 3, right?

Well this is odd... So I'm sure everyone knows that for Arakune some of the time you need to skip the second J.2A in a corner combo that has stuff > J.2A > J.2A > AD J.2A > stuff (it works if you super jump the J.2A or J.B but not otherwise). Well, I just found out that you need to do the same for Hakumen if you are doing a corner combo that has stuff > J.B > J.2A > J.2A > AD J.2A > stuff . Note this is only if J.B is used before the first J.2A (as in 2C > SJ.2A > J.2A > AD J.2A works fine) and also note that SJ.B > J.2A > J.2A > AD J.2A works. I've done a quick test of everyone else and they're all fine, besides the aforementioned case of Arakune that is.

Edit: Let's try making this more clear, since I feel my post was really badly worded.

For both Arakune and Hakumen, in combos where you do J.B > J.2A > J.2A > AD J.2A , you need to skip the delayed J.2A . This does not seem to apply to combos where you do SJ.2A > J.2A > AD J.2A or SJ.B > J.2A > J.2A > AD J.2A . Boundary Bro's unite (◇)人(∵) .

Edited by IndigoNovember

Sign in to follow this