Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

utarefson

[CSE] FOR BEGINNERS: Hakumen BnB Combo Tutorial Video

If you take a look at the Hakumen beginner threads or hakumen newbies online they all ask how to do his bnb combo - so i just made a little video about that. I'm going to do an improved version though, so please leave some feedback. I'd also like to make some more tutorial vids about Hakumen in the future, however i'm not a good enough player myself yet so i would probably need some help.

Just had a chance to watch through the video. In the example combo at the beginning after j.2C > 2C you did a normal jump j.2A instead of forward jump j.2A so you lose a minor amount of corner distance. Other than that the info was fine. Since you're doing an improved version I'll add that one to the questions opening post when you add it.

I thought I was the only person who noticed the use of 8j2a instead of 9j2a. But it's only something minor, especially when he explains it and how often the question of performing this combo comes up everywhere in the internet. Anyone thinks it should be added in the video thread?

wudnt be bad to add it, but this bnb is pretty much being somewhat phased out since theres all the j.b stuff and etc

yeah the sj.2a stuff is vital, but enma>j.2c>2c>stuff can be replaced with renka(2)>hop>2c>stuff or renka(2)>iad j.b>j.a>etc most of the time, only time i find that i have to use it is off of 4c

Just had a chance to watch through the video. In the example combo at the beginning after j.2C > 2C you did a normal jump j.2A instead of forward jump j.2A so you lose a minor amount of corner distance. Other than that the info was fine. Since you're doing an improved version I'll add that one to the questions opening post when you add it.

I didn't really know or think about that before you mentioned it here so thanks for the advice.

wudnt be bad to add it, but this bnb is pretty much being somewhat phased out since theres all the j.b stuff and etc

This video is aimend at beginners and they need to get the basic bnb down first; including j.b. makes it slightly more complicated, but knowing beginners that can make a lot of difference (i'm still trying to become a decent player myself so i know what i'm talking about)

yeah the sj.2a stuff is vital, but enma>j.2c>2c>stuff can be replaced with renka(2)>hop>2c>stuff or renka(2)>iad j.b>j.a>etc most of the time, only time i find that i have to use it is off of 4c

I have to admit that using full renka as a starter is more useful, but it seems like you need to add j.b. in the dash version which makes it more complicated and the iad version has the same problem;it also needs someone to be able to pull off an iad, which is kinda simple, but you need to build up some muscle memory irrc.

So basically i think i just need to add an annotation from yt on the vid correcting me on using the forward jump instead of the normal jump which makes creating a new video pointless, so i just leave it at this one. If you disagree with that, please post this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also played with complete scrubs who barely touched a fighting game ever recently and their main problems are getting out of a corner/escaping pressure, and beating hakumen and tager. I'm thinking of maybe making vids on that as well; It'd be nice if you could comment on some of hakumens bigger weaknesses (baiting D/learning to randomize attacks, punishing both c and d moves, no real mixup is what i can think of right now-i don't aim this video at total newbies, but still beginners trying to get into more complex stuff who just have a general grasp of how things work)

(unless this needs a new thread)

And yes, i noticed that it's 2 months since the last post - i was kinda busy lately.

not rly complicated at all bro :o i havent touched this guy since ct and i got his new stuff down in 5 minutes

not rly complicated at all bro :o i havent touched this guy since ct and i got his new stuff down in 5 minutes

YOU managed to do so. This video is aimed at people who just learned how to properly do their moves using their left hand instead of their main hand. I know people who have a hard time with that (mainly because they rarely touch this kinda games)

Hello, i got some trouble, i can do 2C + jump + 2A but i can't Dash in the air, or when i manage to dash, the enemy recovery because i dash too late, i really need to learn this combo i know it will helps me with hakumen :3

Set the training dummy to jump, practice j.2a -> AD j.2a without any other part of the combo until you have it down consistently. There's unfortunately not a lot to advise for this other than learn the timing and not to mash if you are mashing the 66 (that is, inputting 6666666 during j.2a's recovery vs. inputting 66 at the very end of it.) Try to do the 66 with as little time between 6s as possible so your timing will be more consistent and accurate. Watch the sprite for when Hakumen begins to draw his sword back and input "6567a" all as one input (66 -> j.2a.) You need to input the last 6 at the end of j.2a's recovery; the first 6 can come out before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVowUXFY9pg#t=03s Watch videos for timing/rhythm if necessary.

Thanks for the advice & the video man. i'll try training against dummy, but these notation doesn't seems familiar to me, can you explain "j.2a" "AD" for example ? or is there a thread somewhere ^^ ?

edit: i've finally understand :3 AD for AirDash right ? and "j.2a" for jump 2A ?

I personally think it's terrible game design when they give you so little room for error on a BnB sort of combo, especially when the damage return on it isn't even all that great.

I can see where mastering this can be important, I just wish it had more room for error, as we're only human.

Eventually you'll get the hang of it. I can practically do them in my sleep at this point.

if you're talking about the enma combo then yes, it gets terribly easy

all of his basic combos get terribly easy

it has nothing to do with the game being terrible.

i guess no pun intended after re-reading this post

i cant seem to land the j2a part of the combo. my opponent techs out of the 2C and when i super jump they have already recovered. am i missing the timing or something?

You should be jumping the instant the 2C hits. You really don't have time to hit confirm or anything, you need to be hitting 9 after hitting 2C, rapidly followed by the j2A. It's annoying because you don't have room to be late on either the jump or the j2A.

if you're successfully landing the j.2c, input the 2c > j.2a as 1c91a , generally treating it as one input will get it out without teching happening assuming you don't do it so fast that your 9 is before the 2c actually hits and you don't jump as a result

for the super jump version (not necessary but a good habit as it's needed in some corner combos) it must be input as 1c 5 191a

If I recall correctly, you can mess the combo up by either landing the j.2C too early or too late.

Too early and they tech before the 2C. Too late and they tech after the 2C. Although that's hard for me to figure out now since you're supposed to land the j.2C at like the last possible second, so how can it be too late. It's become such muscle memory at this point that I've forgotten how it works.

if the 2c connects it will always work, even without super jump on most characters (if not all)

however it is a common problem for people unfamiliar with hakumen or new to the game in general to get the 2c jump cancel into j.2a without dropping the j.2a