Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eLPointe

[CSE] Noel Vermillion Chat Room

So, Litherain and myself had this interesting idea. Why not make a chat room to help all those Noel mains out there who need advice on completing a combo, or fighting against that certain opponent they just can't seem to beat? It would almost be like a little community for Noel mains to help each other out.

Currently there is a chat available for use for the blazblue community known as 'Blazblue connection' hosted by Zeth.

But, that chat room doesn't do much in the department of helping people, it is more for people looking for matches and for more than just people who play Noel.

That is where this chat room comes in to play, please everyone give me some input on if this is something you would be interested in or not.

We already have NVG and a Skype group, both of which have many Noel players, and many other (character) players for other matchups, we got this. :cool:

If someone needs assistance on a specific gameplay aspect, we got threads for those too.

We double got this. :cool::cool:

Just putting it out there, not everyone has a mic. so I thought a PS3 chat room dedicated to Noel would be pretty beneficial for them. There are also those who don't have a laptop in front of them while playing, so once again it might be nice to just pop in ask a question, get advice or whatever.

That may be true. however there are ppl who ask for help and are regarded to send videos or discuss their problem specifically on here then wait to get instructions on how to fix the problem by either reading how or to just simply look at a video that demonstrates it. i figured that not many ppl in the bb community would spend time on a problem a player has in a "one on one" experience like training and guidance in a bb room for an hour or 2. to some that seems absurd and ppl would push the "oh i dont have the time of day for something like that" or " i rather be doing something else than to devote some time out on something like that". sure you guys got threads and videos but to be honest not everyone learns from strictly reading and watich a video. i recall a guy having to watch a video on how to execute a follow up. took him 7 plus hours to get it right when it could have been less if someone was teaching it to them on first hand training in a room and having discussions about it on mic then to be on a computer about it for far too long. Not that its a problem im simply suggesting a side method for those "other players" who cant learn and advance with the methods you have avaliable. i also have other players who are not as dependant on dustloop and find this place not as helpful as actually teaching it to someone online instead of on a laptop. so in all i would like to extend a hand for those ppl to have a chat room where those players get on at their convience and say "hey i got this problem and that problem can you make a room and help me for a while" and have some conversations going while practicing and also teaching players who dont see dustloop as reliable resource for help due to some who believe imformation is lacking and inconsistent with skill development. btw im only speaking for those who are in this situation not just noels in general but also other character threads.

ha ha ha you think nvg skype, rachel skype, or <insert character here> skype has anything to do with their respective characters

There's a second Rachel skype channel specifically for discussing Rachel stuff. It has a somewhat better track record for staying on topic. :P

I made be reading this thread all wrong ... but whatever

While in the threads and Skype Chats we are all in for the most part is idle chatter if you ever have a question you can just throw it out there and someone usually answers, then we have the beginner threads and critique thread to boot. From what I'm reading you want a dedicated PSN chat room for it ? You have to keep in mind you probably wouldn't get alot of help considering the community is divided between PS3 and 360 so you would only be getting help from those who have PS3 ... and if they're even online at the time, waiting for them to come online would probably result in a wait just as long as learning it yourself. If you're looking for someone for one on one practice, again ... ask, if it falls under there time constraints I'm sure they'll aid you, Luna-senpai has done this for me in the past and pointed out what I need to fix about myself to the best of his ability.

Overall if someone needs help and decides to not pursue the forum and multiple threads we have ... that's their problem, they need to show the initiative that they want to learn and not expect someone to come to them.

Honestly I approve of this idea.

Has anyone made the chatroom yet? I wanna get in there if they have.

The Chat is up and running. however its been inactive layely due to no one using it. All willing to use the chat for multi purpose usage for gathering noel info/ MU/ Lab work collaboration etc ill inv you to the chat and hopefully get things started with it and give it life

btw if anyone on PSN wants to be inv i may need to friend you to inv to the chat. i also recommend the idea to be extended to the XBL as well. the main thing though is that i think we should have atleast 2 ppl for each chat on PSN and XBL to somewhat "hold down" the chat in terms of one being dedicated to match up info while the other being for Lab work/ experimentations for any new technologies for noel. as far as the rest of the noel community we all can pitch in for help whenever the convience but in the case of those who arent online as often and is a low number of noels using the chats from both Psn and XBL then there should always be the "2 ppl" there as stated to keep the chat running. this way any info found while using the chat can be directed here in the forums to keep our info and resources relatively fresh if possible.this does require 4 noels willing to take the job (im already serving as one for the PSN chat. need 1 more for PSN and 2 more for the XBL Chat so we can create the XBL version and get that one started as well) any volenteers would be greatly appreciated.