Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dakanya

[November 18, 2016] United Norcal Dogfight (GGXRDR/BBCF/UNIEL) - Belmont, CA

I'll be attending and providing EQ of course

1-2 JP PS2's depending on necessity

CRT

power strips (1-2)

3 busted sticks :(

Also, does anyone know if there are any east bay (oakland, berkeley, and maybe even east of the tunnel in Contra Costa) folks who play Gear? Helping them organize transportation here could help get more heads out to this, given that it's a monthly.

There are a couple east bay heads that come out once in a while, not regularly... but that's a good point, thanks for bringing it up! I'll add information on transportation, it'll be important if some new faces or stragglers decide to show up =)

Oh snap, this is on my birthday! You know I gotta represent that Zappa. Definitely will do my best to make it. Also, Random Zako Grenade spam ftw.

if you meant to call yourself a zako then it would make sense and also not be a typo.

It looks like my schedule has aligned to make this event make sense - I'll probably be streaming the Friday ranbats at GC the night before, so I'll be leaving my stream rig at GC overnight and coming back to the site the next day to participate and stream (mostly just stream).

If anyone would like to provide logos or overlay graphics, I would highly appreciate them since all I'm good for is stick figures >_>

It looks like my schedule has aligned to make this event make sense - I'll probably be streaming the Friday ranbats at GC the night before, so I'll be leaving my stream rig at GC overnight and coming back to the site the next day to participate and stream (mostly just stream).

If anyone would like to provide logos or overlay graphics, I would highly appreciate them since all I'm good for is stick figures >_>

What kind of logos/overlays do we need? Something that says NORCAL DOGFIGHT on it or something?

I can do sprite art so I'd be happy to help. Send me a message if you've got ideas. Let's get hype.

What kind of logos/overlays do we need? Something that says NORCAL DOGFIGHT on it or something?

I can do sprite art so I'd be happy to help. Send me a message if you've got ideas. Let's get hype.

You want a real man's logo? I think we need to draw the top half of Sol Badguy facing forward, holding his sword across his body, and put Norcal Dogfight either across the lining of his sword or sitting on top of it.

For overlays, I'll want short, wide colored banners to put player names on. (NB: I'm not equipped for SD streaming - I think Honnou will be able to hack that though?)

For the NorCal Dogfight logo itself, go nuts :D

Edit: For a small logo, though, it'd be great to have it look good as a square. Let's not go too crazy with a small version >_>

Bring them with you. We can probably fix them.

Will do.

One is the aforementioned Tekken 5 stick (most likely the american version, so that means buttons soldered to the PCB?) with half-working buttons

My I-no stick just needs new quick disconnects and soldering.

And the namco stick, I still have the microswitch replacement, but it looks like getting out the old one is more complicated than I thought it'd be, looks like more soldering work ORZ

by logo do you mean watermark?

Fancypants cityboy with your fancyfangled cityboy words! Out here in the backwoods of the Peninsula we call 'em logos and're happy with 'em!

Honestly, though, I figured that a small-sized logo could be useful for more than just a watermark. Having it available as an icon could be neat, though I can't come up with why other than "for @norcaldogfight on Twitter"

that's why i asked - there's a difference between a watermark and a logo.

I was probably going to end up doing a twitch layout / banner design for the page, if i have time, but you guys didn't really decide on a name till recently, so I dunno if I can finish something before the 28th - we'll see.

for score / name overlays, if you want to be lazy just use Starboard or various other starcraft 2 overlays (put over a solid background and alpha channel out in twitch. it makes it much easier to update names / scores rather than editing titles or constantly fumbling through .txt polling files. there are some versions that look pretty minimalistic, I think. google around a bit and you should find some stuff, if you're interested in that process.

I wasn't expecting there to be a need for an actual overlay for gundam - what did you have in mind for using it for? displaying gamecenter / sponsor logos? or were you guys going to incorperate a player cam or two? I might have time to make this kind of stuff but I'd need to get some detailed information about what'sneeded.

for score / name overlays, if you want to be lazy just use Starboard or various other starcraft 2 overlays (put over a solid background and alpha channel out in twitch. it makes it much easier to update names / scores rather than editing titles or constantly fumbling through .txt polling files. there are some versions that look pretty minimalistic, I think. google around a bit and you should find some stuff, if you're interested in that process.

I wasn't expecting there to be a need for an actual overlay for gundam - what did you have in mind for using it for? displaying gamecenter / sponsor logos? or were you guys going to incorperate a player cam or two? I might have time to make this kind of stuff but I'd need to get some detailed information about what'sneeded.

Thanks for the tip about overlays, I'll see about doing that.

As for a Gundam overlay, yeah, I think I'd just be happy with a watermark for Gundam. For GC/sponsor logos, we could just use a flier or whatnot.

I am going to incorporate a player cam or two if it's possible given GC's new Gundam setup - it's hard to fit a monitor-mounted webcam onto an arcade cabinet, so I'll see what we have to work with there.

And thanks for any help you can provide!

You can also use the 8wayrun title updater thing for player names and whatnot. Crop the parts that you want, etc. etc.

There's a paid version of that thing now, but the free version has all the features we need.

NorcalDogfight%20copy.png

Here's a logo I whipped up real quick. I was like, Dogfight, okay, dogs. If you guys don't like it I'll do something else, it only took me like 5 minutes to do.

Getting pretty hype for this, hope you guys are too.

I would just like to clarify that we here at NORCAL DOGFIGHT do not approve of nor endorse animal violence of any sort