Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dakanya

[November 18, 2016] United Norcal Dogfight (GGXRDR/BBCF/UNIEL) - Belmont, CA

tenkai-45i[xTF];1307934']I like "NorCal Dogfight"

I agree. Let's go with this.

I'm down for Norcal Dogfight. If someone feels like they have something better, go ahead and post but I want to get Myung to announce this on Gamecenter's facebook already so I'm running with Norcal Dogfight for now =]

I talked to Dom sometime before I started the thread and he said he was down but now he's busy on the 28th and won't be able to bring his setup to stream Gundam. I don't think it's an issue but his stream setup is kind of nice since he can switch between two perspectives on the fly. Instead we can just rely on Aj's streaming setup and have people switch off the stream setup for Gundam to get different perspectives which is just fine imo.

Depending on who'd be watching over the stream, there are people I would trust to take care of the setup and machine - I could set it up on Friday night and go to Davis without being toooooooooooo worried... but I'd have to talk to the other guys who know how to set up/take down the rig too.

That seems like a lot of fuss though - if you guys still have a good option, then yeah, go for it!

Pretty disappointed I won't be around for this one, honestly. Hope it goes well, though.

@vibrating: are you sticking to the two player stream setup, or are you planning to up it to all four players? If you're aiming for four, then when I'm around, I can pitch in my BMI Shuttle/other stream converter crap as well, if that'd help at all. Still no mixer here, though. Can't seem to remember which cheap $30-40 mixer everyone suggests using. :/

Pretty disappointed I won't be around for this one, honestly. Hope it goes well, though.

@vibrating: are you sticking to the two player stream setup, or are you planning to up it to all four players? If you're aiming for four, then when I'm around, I can pitch in my BMI Shuttle/other stream converter crap as well, if that'd help at all. Still no mixer here, though. Can't seem to remember which cheap $30-40 mixer everyone suggests using. :/

Definitely aiming for 4 - going from 1 to 2 was really the biggest step, going from 2 to 4 "just" requires more shuttles or cards, which in turn require more USB controllers (or just plain cards) and HDMI splitters. I actually have all the HDMI splitters I need right now, just need more capture devices and more scenes in Xsplit.

Definitely aiming for 4 - going from 1 to 2 was really the biggest step, going from 2 to 4 "just" requires more shuttles or cards, which in turn require more USB controllers (or just plain cards) and HDMI splitters. I actually have all the HDMI splitters I need right now, just need more capture devices and more scenes in Xsplit.

There's a trick to getting 'more scenes' in xsplit without screwing up your stream. If you save two presentations, and every camera is used in at least once scene in both presentations, you can swap between the two presentations on the fly with no downtime.

If you don't have every camera active in both presentations, then there's a bit of lag before the new presentation loads, due to camera initialization, but it should still look fairly smooth in the end result (it should just continuing to stream the previous presentation/scene until it finishes loading).

Unforunately, that's obviously not as easy or intuitive as just changing scenes, though. I was looking into making a program that would allow people to edit scenes and load them into xsplit without having to do it live, but while the latter is somewhat possible (xsplit's presentation files are pretty straightforward, if irritating to look at), I don't think xsplit plug-ins can load presentation files for the user. :v:

Let's finally keep a tally of who is bring a TV or ps2 or whatever the fuck.

I can't make it to the april one, but if there is one in may or early june I might be able to come if I can find out early enough.

Tentative schedule and event decisions *speak your mind or forever hold your peace!

1pm: signups for Gundam EXVS begins

1:30~2pm: Gundam EXVS 2v2 tourny starts

3:30pm: GGAC signups, random 2on2s

4pm: GGAC random 2on2s, double-elim, best of 1, tourny start

Seeing as how Gundam players have had an excellent track record of showing up on time, let's start Guilty Gear later... the earlier you show up the more casuals you can get in though! Everyone should have ample time to get lunch, warm up for and/or show up fashionably late... however please get someone else to sign you up if you are going to be late.

I want to stream as much of each tournament as possible and finish them before dinner. We’ll be having two full setups for Gundam so if needed, we could offload some of the beginning matches to the other setup to accommodate for time. After the tournaments, the stream could be ad-libbed w/ casuals for either game, then maybe some late poverty but I definitely think we should get a big GGAC team battle going somewhere in there.

Regarding the streaming setup and equipment

@VibratingSheep: I think it would be ideal if we could have two streaming setups (like yours and Aj's) so we wouldn't have to move anything around to switch between games but it's not necessary and Aj's setup is a laptop setup, it’d just be convenient. However I think we might be running EXVS on cabs now so I’m not sure how that’ll play out in terms of cables and distance.

Regarding equipment, if you're going to bring anything, such as stream equipment, copies of GGAC or EXVS, monitors, game consoles, please post! I will dedicate one of my reserved posts to keeping track of equipment. As a reminder, I’m looking to have two full EXVS setups and Gamecenter can only provide four of the eight copies we’ll need so bring your copy of the game! As usual, you are responsible for bringing your own controller but if you don’t have one, you may be able to borrow someone else’s if enough people are bringing their own controllers.

My thoughts regarding the name...

The name should be short and sweet, and should contain a word of phrase that allows the person to conclude that the event is related to NCI. In addition, the name shouldn't isolate any one game in particular, since the event's primary purpose is to provide coverage of and attention to multiple games. (Luckily, "Norcal Dogfight" fulfills all of these criteria.)

Bonus points if the name is also clever and creative.

I like the sound of "NCGG Reinstall," but even the abbreviation is quite a mouthful.

Maybe "NCRe?"

...But in all seriousness, Norcal Dogfight is just fine.

my vote is a veto on the reinstall

by sig did you mean avatar?

poverty should be later if it's going to be streamed but after the tournaments you are free to do whatever you please whether it be casuals or early poverty but i was thinking of possibly having a giant team battle after dinner... i'll leave it up to you guys on the day of the event depending on interest, etc