KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Can i buy bbcs and download characters while being able to play online against bbcse players?

I wish that was the case, but the answer is no.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm wondering if BB runs at 60 FPS. A guy I know claims it isn't, and I was struck that I actually didn't know whether he was correct or not. Online sources I've checked did not actually list BB as a 60-FPS game, though other modern fighters were (such as SFIV).

So, who's right?

To my knowledge the game runs at 60 FPS, though there are not 60 redrawn frames on animation on characters.

Meaning yes, it is a 60 FPS game. It's a lot harder to draw at each frame of 60 FPS than to animate 3D models to 60.

Coincidentally the BB sprites are drawn from 3D models, but that's a story for another time.

Yes, BB runs at 60fps.

I have a question and its about Noel's guns. I have read some stuff online about CP but I can't find the info I'm looking for. As we know Noel is sporting a new look

with the cool holsters and it got me thinking why would she need holsters if she could just summon Bolverk to her hands. So are the guns that she has in CP really Bolverk?

All the announcers are unlockable via "RP" in CSE. They each have two versions, one is "in-character" (i.e. Jin seiyuu sounds like Jin) and the other is out-of-character (i.e.they all sound terrible). Rachel is pretty good announcer. Sorry I can't remember the seiyuu's name.

All the announcers are unlockable via "RP" in CSE. They each have two versions, one is "in-character" (i.e. Jin seiyuu sounds like Jin) and the other is out-of-character (i.e.they all sound terrible). Rachel is pretty good announcer. Sorry I can't remember the seiyuu's name.

Rachel is Ueda Kana. Imo, she's the best announcer.

No idea, I don't recall her being unlockable. (it's a pretty typical situation, they don't want to rehire a voice actor just to have them say "RELIUS CLOVER")

Don't know if I can make a request here but, does anyone have the translation of Amane, Azrael, Bullet and Izayoi's bios? the ones from the oficial site. Thanks.

I have a little question about BBCS:EX online. Regarding people with red names, I've been told that those people are essentially chronic ragequitters.

Now I currently have 90 wins, and 8 losses.

I also have a whopping 14 in-complete games. Now, I don't ragequit very often (since I'm completely against the mere idea of it); infact I've only ever ragequit once (an extremely laggy stylish Tsubaki player astral'd me and I just flipped).

As for the other 13, those were all other people ragequitting/connection issues. What's the deal with these red names, will I get one even if I don't ragequit and others ragequit on me? What happens with these connection drops? And I swear, sometimes I even get an in-complete game when I win a match and my opponent seemingly accepts. I just don't understand it.

In short, how exactly do these red names work? I certainly don't want one, and I truly dislike having so many in-complete games on my player card.

I got a question,How active is the BB scene? Like offline wise? I don't really see the game much,or are people just waiting for bbcp?

I'm trying to get a SF-based friend into BB (I'm a newbie myself at BB), and while his execution and dedication are up to par, he's wary about long combos for some reason. I suppose from a SF background it's a bit foreign for a combo to go beyond light -> light -> medium/heavy xx special move. My question to you guys is, which characters get away with smaller combos? He's already expressed disinterest in Tager, if that's a possibility for smaller combos. Play style doesn't mean much, though he prefers solid characters or dive kick type characters. Super jumps are fine mid-combo, microdashes and tiger knee instant-air motions are probably beyond his capabilities right now. Anyone help?

Well my experience with the game most mid screen combos are not usually super long, but it usually the corner or rapid combos is when it starts to get long. If doing combos is intimidating (I actually know people from a SF background that don't touch these games for similar reasons) I would actually suggest just starting small and working up from there. Personally for me when I was starting BB, I tried to look for a character I wanted to play, learn one or two combos that weren't to long and learn them, I made it my goal to try and at least land a combo once, this actually helps if both players are on similar playing levels. What I found as I was playing combo intensive games, yea at first you don't remember everything but you end up learning how to do the combo as you practice it, and kinda memorize it as you go cause your just working at it.

Though what's important I think, and based on high level matches I've seen is to be be able to convert hits into some kind of combo, doesn't have to be huge but if you can make it huge only the better, but I wouldn't worry about that to much on a entry level, just make sure your friend is having fun with it really, cause I think if he/she finds it fun the friend will step up a little and learn combos as needed.

If TKs and micro dashing are out, don't even consider Hazama :P

If I had to say which character has the least intimidating combos, it's likely Ragna. He was designed to be accessible to newcomers.

even though mu has advanced stuff, it is easy to get decent damage with corner combos with her, so that may be a good start

Hakumen is basically a SF character.

not at all, sf charas dont have specials->specials and the meter management with it like haku does

Probably Hakumen or Ragna for now. But when BBCP comes, Azrael seems to be right up his alley. Solid character with relatively short/simple grounded combos and comes with dive kicks. That is, if he still can't branch out into the more complex characters by then (not saying that azrael isn't complex).

Edited by Assassin Cross

even though mu has advanced stuff, it is easy to get decent damage with corner combos with her, so that may be a good start

not at all, sf charas dont have specials->specials and the meter management with it like haku does

Yeah but his combos are mostly links which is what SF people are used to, and his neutral is similar to SF footsies.

While mu-12 is deliciously aesthetic unless your friend has his heart set on her I couldn't recommend it. He will easily get blown up and she's not designed for quick pick up

Stay within the suggestions of safer pick up chars like rags and Jin - both of whom anyone can easily learn their straightforward gameplay and simple combos and drive characteristics -- coming from SF your friend may need a simple drive mechanic to start with... Not a complicated one that's an easy punish