KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Ï just made a Japanese PSN account and bought both GGAC+R and BBCP a couple of days back. No problem at all. Just follow the guide Kurushii made, and it will all be fine :)

I do, however, have a related question. Where do I get the two DLC characters? Is it in-game somewhere?

You mean Terumi and Kokonoe, right? You should be able to find them on the PS Store page. I got Kokonoe that way, and I'm assuming that's where you'll find Terumi as well.

Or just use the PS Store option in the game itself. That will take you straight to the DLC page.

How do I set the training dummy to tech roll!? I used the translation to find the page but everything is crossed out and doesn't change anything...?

If you are using Kurushii's translation it should be fairly self-explanatory. But the option for tech rolling is the option that is 3rd from the bottom on the 4th page in training mode. Also make sure the dummy is actually set to training dummy which is the default setting of the first option of the 3rd page. If it isn't then many of the options(including the one for tech rolling) will be crossed out and can't be changed.

If you are using Kurushii's translation it should be fairly self-explanatory. But the option for tech rolling is the option that is 3rd from the bottom on the 4th page in training mode. Also make sure the dummy is actually set to training dummy which is the default setting of the first option of the 3rd page. If it isn't then many of the options(including the one for tech rolling) will be crossed out and can't be changed.

Ohhh okay cool. Thanks.

Kind of a silly question, but got me curious.

I just logged in my jp PSN which I used to download CP, and the trophy list was in English, while it's still in Japanese in my main account which I actually use to play.

What changed it? Also isn't it kind of early for a localized version of the list?

Kind of a silly question, but got me curious.

I just logged in my jp PSN which I used to download CP, and the trophy list was in English, while it's still in Japanese in my main account which I actually use to play.

What changed it? Also isn't it kind of early for a localized version of the list?

Language is based on xmb language set when you first played the game. Companies submit the trophy list in advance. Normally not /this/ early though.

I'm using my EU account to play the game and it was definitely set in English when I first ran the game, yet its trophies have always been in Japanese.

Maybe it'll change once I get a new trophy or something?

Jabaku Fuuenjin is used at the end of long combos, mainly after 236D to tag on some extra damage.

Jarin Renshouga is used in shorter, midscreen combos, as you can't use it in the corner. It's often used after a 22C or 6D.

That’s more of a Terumi section question, though i think one is a combo ender and one is a long range punish

I asked there and I haven’t gotten a response for days and it didn’t look like I will so...

Is there a post/thread for unlocking all the extras? I don't mean trophies, but what specifically unlocks D-code stuff, Gallery locked stuff (secret voice, loketest voice etc.)?

At the end of this combo, Tager goes for launch into reset air 360C: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MI474BSsl0#t=0h33m35s

If he expected Bang to tech, is there anything he could have done there to beat it? Could he have timed things a little differently, or done jump B into whatever, etc? Or can Bang always just wait to see whether the exclamation points appear before teching?

At the end of this combo, Tager goes for launch into reset air 360C: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MI474BSsl0#t=0h33m35s

If he expected Bang to tech, is there anything he could have done there to beat it? Could he have timed things a little differently, or done jump B into whatever, etc? Or can Bang always just wait to see whether the exclamation points appear before teching?

I think this is a better question to ask the Tager boards. From what I can tell though, he was expecting the Bang to tech automatically. The Bang player didn't tech, so the throw was purple. Tager just yomi'd wrong in this instance.

Tager players would know what to do against someone who doesn't tech if you haven't asked them already.

How do you unlock Avatar icons for your D-Code? Don't tell me you have to play story mode with each character or something... :(

Get to 1st dan in Ranked to unlock all of them.

Didn't know where to ask this, but how do you chat when you're in a player match room? I'm talking about the little box in the bottom left corner.

I pressed all the buttons it had listed on the screen but nothing happened.

R1/R2 changes the size of the box, L1 (and probably L2, mine is broken) opens up the text menu. Since it's in Japanese, you have to press Select a few times to change it to English.

You're not able to use it if one or more players in the room is "red" though, which means they're either in the middle of a match or watching the whole "after-battle-win-quote-thing".

Okay for starters I'm going to sound like a crybaby lol. But how the hell did you guys get better at this game .....I've been playing izayoi for about 2 months and train a lot but it feels like I'm constantly being dominated. I win about 30% of the time with her. The problem is I'll get some momentum take them down to about 30% then boom the table flips and I get raped lmao.I watch gameplay of better izayoi players and they helped but I'm still not winning. I am thinking about just dropping her and picking up terumi,jin or kokonoe because it feels like everything i do *counter*. Should I try to learn all characters to get a better sense of what I'm up against. This is extremely frustrating because I'm really good at injustice and sf4( i know this is completely different) I'm just annoyed i really like this game but i just feel like giving up. So any advice is helpful.

Okay for starters I'm going to sound like a crybaby lol. But how the hell did you guys get better at this game .....I've been playing izayoi for about 2 months and train a lot but it feels like I'm constantly being dominated. I win about 30% of the time with her. The problem is I'll get some momentum take them down to about 30% then boom the table flips and I get raped lmao.I watch gameplay of better izayoi players and they helped but I'm still not winning. I am thinking about just dropping her and picking up terumi,jin or kokonoe because it feels like everything i do *counter*. Should I try to learn all characters to get a better sense of what I'm up against. This is extremely frustrating because I'm really good at injustice and sf4( i know this is completely different) I'm just annoyed i really like this game but i just feel like giving up. So any advice is helpful.

I'd wait for the patch coming soon and try her out some more. Izayoi is decent but requires a lot of proper execution along with some predicting.

90% of the players have played previous versions of Blazblue. Keep in mind that the only people on netplay at the moment are those who imported the game, so most of them are somewhat serious about it. Izayoi is also considered one of the weaker characters, so you'll have to work extra hard if you want to win a lot with her.

izayoi is apparently the worst char in the game. some people will say makoto, l say tager, and some loony might say kokonoe. l guess this stuff is arbitrary, but needless to say, shes pretty bad on the list, and just mildly threatening.

so it may not be you. maybe your character is holding you back. but you know, no pain no gain. go through the struggle now and be wiser later, it will make you a better player. no, im serious, it really will.

eventually :psyduck:

if right now youre saying "fuck this l want to win naooo", then... yeah, kokonoe. enjoy her while she still has two feet, l hear plans of those pretty feline figures getting smashed by the nerfbat.