KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Can someone explain why Makoto is ranked lower than Tsubaki? :)

Can someone explain why Makoto is ranked lower than Tsubaki? :)

Hmm I'll do my best considering I used to be decent with Tsubaki.

Offense: This one is a tossup in my opinion. Makoto does decent and stable damage from anywhere on the screen, but doesn't have any really juicy starters/situations besides low health OD. Tsubaki, on the other hand, has damage ranging from "meh" to "Hakumen" depending on where she is on the screen, how much meter/stocks she has, starter, + OD.

As far as pressure and mixup go, though, Tsubaki outclasses Makoto by far. Tsubaki has deep stagger pressure, charge cancels, a command throw, a JCable 5B, multiple 50/50 high/lows, and a Kara Throw (thank goodness she doesn't have her unblockable from CS lol). Makoto only has jab pressure and Asteroid Vision gimmicks; her only normal that gatlings into a reliable high/low is 2A and her only JCable normal has short range and whiffs if your opponent barriered any previous hits. Makoto HAD legit orb oki in the corner, but she lost that in the patch unless she wants do deal subpar damage in the corner.

Defense: They have the same health and similar defensive options, but Tsubaki's defensive tools give her the edge in this category. Makoto's DP can be low profiled by most 2Bs, and it has a pitiful horizontal hitbox (meaning it can whiff on certain long pokes and even miss people during their blockstrings). Makoto's parry requires 50 meter, loses to lows, and is not active for very long (usually leading her to get counterhit rather than parry the opponent). Tsubaki's DP not only has a much better hitbox, but she can also use stocks on whiff or block to try and hit/evade the opponent.

Neutral: Tsubaki also has better tools in neutral too. Tsubaki's 5B has more range than Makoto's 5B; it also has a higher hitbox making it harder to jump over. Tsubaki's air dash is faster, covers more ground, and recovers faster than Makoto's air dash. Tsubaki's air dash can be combined with the fact that her j.C > j.CC floats her horizontally along the ground to cover even more distance. Neither character excels zoning wise, but Tsubaki has both an air and ground version of her fireball that travel across the screen without having to be charged and fired. Furthermore, Tsubaki can use charges and meter to approach her opponent via Fireball > Shield Charge, Shield Charge > Rapid, Divekick > Rapid, and Requiem Maledictus. Air-to-air and ground-to-air are mostly the same, except for Makoto having the slightly better Anti-air.

defense and neutral tools are the general thing tsubaki has over makoto. makoto's normals are generally quite a bit a better. I think makoto has significantly better mixup too. tsubaki doesn't have 50/50s. both chars are very bad. In EX neither was worse than the other. but in CP 1.1 tsubaki is going to be better than makoto. In 1.0 I think they were the same. But tsubaki got minorly buffed and makoto got decently nerfed.

makoto is super easy to play though at least. Just bad.

Yeah, Tsubaki's overhead is more telegraphed than Relius' claw. It's usually more, "Are you gonna reset pressure AGAIN?" than, "Damn, what's he gonna do?"

I long for the day when Makoto gets an unblockable pawnch where the lvl3 timing is a 1 or 2 frame window.

if you can see tsubaki's overhead, and you're barriering, you are actually clean out once you block it. actually, if you barrier, a lot of the time you can get out completely if she goes for a high with little / no risk. if she frametraps any, push back is too much for 6a to hit. it's very.. ah.. not good.

I long for the day that there's a female character I actually enjoy playing. Being the supreme rapist (Relius) and the ultimate scumbag to women (Kagura) is too much man. I need a woman in mah life here. Why can't I have a girl puppet character?

I long for the day that there's a female character I actually enjoy playing. Being the supreme rapist (Relius) and the ultimate scumbag to women (Kagura) is too much man. I need a woman in mah life here. Why can't I have a girl puppet character?

There's always magical girl Carl.

So, can anyone clarify the patch situation for me? 

I bought the japanese psn version when it came out back in october, so why is mine still saying its 1.04 if the jpn patch came out on may 14th? IP locked patching?

The console version number is different than the arcade one, isn't it? Try testing something in game to see if it's actually 1.1 or not? Do CT during Noel's Drive.

You could always try Amane, one of my friends loves to play as him, but is male himself. 

Amane looks pretty feminine, but is actually a dude, so maybe you wouldn't have lady issues with him?

Or you could use your imagination and pretend Carl is a girl. It's not easy, but it's possible.

The console version number is different than the arcade one, isn't it? Try testing something in game to see if it's actually 1.1 or not? Do CT during Noel's Drive.

1.04 on console is 1.10 in arcades.

Thanks a bunch you guys.

But you are playing a female character already.  Contrary to popular belief we're actually playing Ignis, Relius is just there for the ride.

Why can't I have a girl puppet character?

Maybe Mori will decide to make Celica playable, then you could play as Celica and Minerva!

Celica is super popular after all, so she could save the franchise once sales decline!  :)

defense and neutral tools are the general thing tsubaki has over makoto. makoto's normals are generally quite a bit a better. I think makoto has significantly better mixup too. tsubaki doesn't have 50/50s. both chars are very bad. In EX neither was worse than the other. but in CP 1.1 tsubaki is going to be better than makoto. In 1.0 I think they were the same. But tsubaki got minorly buffed and makoto got decently nerfed.

makoto is super easy to play though at least. Just bad.

Is Makoto's defense really that bad? She's got a 5 frame 5a and 6 frame 2A, yeah, her DP isn't that great, but Tsubaki's is still pretty average as well.  Both characters have bog standard backdashes.  I guess it's cool that Tsubaki can make her DP safe-ish with charges, but first she has to get them, which is not really an easy task if you also want to do damage.   Tsubaki's normals are garbage and her pressure is...weak.  I guess she has more 'conventional' ways to reset pressure, but they're all totally unsafe and if you can block her 26 frame overhead, there's really not much she can threaten you with.

Tsubaki's only good neutral tools require charge as well. =/

in EX it was different since tsubaki's DP was so bad. but yeah, a 6f 2a and a 5f 5a is very nice to have. in CP tsubaki's DP is very solid though. against certain characters, makoto's is completely useless.

tsubaki's fireballs are good neutral tools in 1.1. converting air hits is a major advantage makoto has over tsubaki, also converting max range hits. but fireballs, dps, and the general charge mechanic and D moves provide big tools in certain matchups. Just the ability to force them to come in because you're charging can make a big difference.

Celica is super popular after all, so she could save the franchise once sales decline!  :)

That was supposedly their motivation for waiting so long to make Kokonoe playable. I think that might have backfired though...

So I've stalked these forums for a while and I finally decided to make an account. Anyway I've been having trouble trying to pick a new character to learn. I fooled around and picked up Bullet with ease and she's a lot of fun but, I want to learn someone new.

Based on my character picks in SF4 (Guile and Chun), and Injustice (Green Arrow), who would be a comparable character for me to learn?

I'm a casual player so picking a character to learn is a bit more of an investment for me than if I played more. I was hoping you guys could spare me some time trying to narrow it down. :P

I'm having trouble against litchi as jin. Her over head pole hit always takes me out of blocking. Any tips for fighting her would be great. I'm a new player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having trouble against litchi as jin. Her over head pole hit always takes me out of blocking. Any tips for fighting her would be great. I'm a new player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked the match-up threads? they're awesome for learning things about specific match-ups and for asking questions. The experts of your character are much more likely to peruse those threads and answer your questions!

Here's Jin vs Litchi: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7384-cp-jin-vs-litchi/

Currently there are no posts here but if you ask a question there I'm sure it'll be answered!

I have a question about Dan/Level I guess.

Anyways I was playing ranked the other day. I was at level 15 and I fought a level 13. After the match I ranked up to level 16, BUT I thought you couldn't rank up unless you fought someone of the exact same Dan as you. Am I just stupid and not a powerful enough weeaboo to understand the concept of Dan?

I have a question about Dan/Level I guess.

Anyways I was playing ranked the other day. I was at level 15 and I fought a level 13. After the match I ranked up to level 16, BUT I thought you couldn't rank up unless you fought someone of the exact same Dan as you. Am I just stupid and not a powerful enough weeaboo to understand the concept of Dan?

I believe you're thinking about the network color square by your name. That only ranks up or down from fights against people of the same color (and regardless of the game mode).