Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoob

The New England Thread: Bears Warbling Outside My Igloo: A Polarizing Dilemma

You durn whippersnappers don't know how funky fresh these beats are and don't touch my moccasins. they are custom made. Aside from that, enjoy the new thread.

Glorious Thread name.

Shoutouts to everyone at Whysuals again, nothing specific since TERM PAPERS.

Also reposting:

Gaming.jpg

BBforJeremy.jpg

Shoutouts to everyone for leaving their stuff at Mike's. I think Tales left his 360 cables, Fraga left his xbox 360 adaptor, someone left their backpack with a stick in it (Tales?), and there was a random black carrier bag, like a laptop bag left as well.

Nah, I've got my stick. It is a shame about the cables, though. :/

New thread, new identity.

So, we're inevitably getting rid of that blue couch that was originally at my place, so before it gets trashed, does anyone want to just take it? Prefer to give it a home than throw it out.

Alright, first post! :)

Hey everyone. Nice to see players in my area who play Arc System games and not capcom. -_-

This is my last week playing melee (tournament week) and planning on moving on to the next game and focusing on BB and GG throughout now until the end of summer. However, I only have GGX2reload so I hope that can work for me since I notice Accent Core being the complete standard (Ergh, I don't own a playstation. Anyone know a way I can play it on my PC? :(). Will be getting extend around my birthday and gonna get back on that as well. Will try to get Skullgirlz and Persona 4 battle as soon as I can but I doubt I will take focus on those yet. I'll come back here and keep myself updated if anything is going on with either game and see if I can volunteer any way I can. Hope you guys are not so far.

I live in CT BTW. :p

New thread, new identity.

So, we're inevitably getting rid of that blue couch that was originally at my place, so before it gets trashed, does anyone want to just take it? Prefer to give it a home than throw it out.

Pics please. :keke:

Hey everyone. Nice to see players in my area who play Arc System games and not capcom. -_-

This is my last week playing melee (tournament week) and planning on moving on to the next game and focusing on BB and GG throughout now until the end of summer. However, I only have GGX2reload so I hope that can work for me since I notice Accent Core being the complete standard (Ergh, I don't own a playstation. Anyone know a way I can play it on my PC? :(). Will be getting extend around my birthday and gonna get back on that as well. Will try to get Skullgirlz and Persona 4 battle as soon as I can but I doubt I will take focus on those yet. I'll come back here and keep myself updated if anything is going on with either game and see if I can volunteer any way I can. Hope you guys are not so far.

Hello! Nice to see someone new!

You're in luck, New England pretty much plays Anime fighters, very few play Capcom. We tend to meet every other Saturday in Wolcott, CT. Half of CT Crew is near Hartford & Vernon, other half is Western/Southern CT

Fraga left his xbox 360 adaptor

Oh right, I have that

Pics please. :keke:

Welcome to the end of the days! I mean.. cough.. Anywho where in CT do you hail from?

And I forgot my shoutouts...

Oh wait the ONLY shoutout that matters is to Parasoul's EGRET SOLDIER.. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

SO WHO WANTS TO COME TO FUCKING SLUM-ASS NEW LONDON TO HIT BUTTONS LIKE FUCKING MORONS AND SHOVE SHITTY FAST FOOD DOWN OUR FUCKING PROTEIN CHUTES

Also hi.

HAHAHA, well looks like I will fit right in just fine. You guys seem like my kind of people. lol

Hello! Nice to see someone new!

Isn't it? :p

You're in luck, New England pretty much plays Anime fighters, very few play Capcom.

Oh you'd be very surprised.

Been playing nothing but capcom games for several years (ST and SF4 to be exact and a lot of MK) here in my area. Oh they are still around and kicking. My friend from japan got me into BB and GG last year, whom just moved back over there last month. Oh, how he would have been such a great addition here. Him and I were probably the only ones in Stamford that were any good (using that word loosely, im afraid lol) at this game and now i'm probably the only one that even plays the game seriously. Meh, I'm pretty sure he's better off playing blaze and guilty over by Akihabara. Yes, he's lives right by GODSGARDEN. God damn him. :arg:

I'll try not to dissapear much from this thread like I used to back in SRK and try to stick around. Maybe i'll show up one day to one of these thingies.

Anywho where in CT do you hail from?

I hail from South western CT, in fairfield county. Stamford to be exact. O_o

SO WHO WANTS TO COME TO FUCKING SLUM-ASS NEW LONDON TO HIT BUTTONS LIKE FUCKING MORONS AND SHOVE SHITTY FAST FOOD DOWN OUR FUCKING PROTEIN CHUTES

Also hi.

hahaha wtf. Um, I think I have done enough of that for a month (traveling, fight sticking, and buying cheap ass taco bell and getting burritos for like a quarter in that slot thing). XD

Maybe next time. :keke:

Oh you'd be very surprised.

Been playing nothing but capcom games for several years (ST and SF4 to be exact and a lot of MK) here in my area. Oh they are still around and kicking. My friend from japan got me into BB and GG last year, whom just moved back over there last month. Oh, how he would have been such a great addition here. Him and I were probably the only ones in Stamford that were any good (using that word loosely, im afraid lol) at this game and now i'm probably the only one that even plays the game seriously. Meh, I'm pretty sure he's better off playing blaze and guilty over by Akihabara. Yes, he's lives right by GODSGARDEN. God damn him. :arg:

Yeah shoulda been more specific, we here play alot of anime fighting games, back when our Casuals were in Vernon we had a large Capcom community, but when our venue shut down they kinda disappeared. Trust me, when you're a TO and all of them complain about Double Jeopardy in the Losers quarter-finals it makes you second guess your sanity

Yeah you'd actually be hard pressed to find people that DO play Capcom fighters around here. I play SSF4AE but that's it, tried UMVC3 and SFxTK and ended up selling them both. What we need is more people on SC5!

Also who's playing Skullgirls?

I don't know anybody who ISN'T playing Skullgirls, bar Lazy and Tales 2.0.

To clarify, the NE dustloop community is completely separate from the NE Capcom community. There's plenty of SF players and the like, but they typically go to GU in Framingham from what I understand. The DL community is essentially the anime fighter crew, not necessarily the general fighter community.

So new person, if you're interested in getting some offline games in, I typically hold casuals at my place in Wolcott every other Saturday or so, mostly GG, BB, KOF, and whatever's newest, though if you want MK I'd personally love to play that some more. Not many venues in CT atm, so pm me if you want more info.

Also hi.

I will when school's over next month. I'm pretty much booked with shit til then.

Also when is ECT? I'd like to get in on that if I can.

Any of you guys coming to ECT?

Maaaaaaybe

Also just so everyone knows, there's a new venue open in Simsbury CT at a cards/gaming shop of some kind. While I'm unable to check it out due to work/school until the end of the semester, if anyone is free on Friday afternoons and is reasonably close to the address in the link posted below you might want to give it a try. Last week, Jerrick and Aaron went and said it was mostly Brawl players, but the owners would like to see other fighting games. They played Skullgirls there for a few hours and now there's a Skullgirls tournament being run this week. This place has potential!

Magical link -> http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/apr-20-2012-friday-game-nights-skullgirls-umvc3-tournament-simsbury-connecticut.158697/

And welcome to the scene JacopeX

Glad to see a NE thread without a street fighter reference.

Welcome to Dustloop JacopeX

To clarify, the NE dustloop community is completely separate from the NE Capcom community. There's plenty of SF players and the like, but they typically go to GU in Framingham from what I understand. The DL community is essentially the anime fighter crew, not necessarily the general fighter community.

True for the most part. Most Capcom players hate non Capcom games, and most of us don't play Capcom games (particularly new Capcom games). There might be some cross over with KOF XIII though.

Finally hooked up my PS3 and messed around in training mode with pad. Valentine's combos seem challenging, mainly due to canceling all of her multi-hit normals early to lower the number of hits so the big blows strike harder. The timing for 2.mp 1 hit cancel, j.mk 1 hit cancel, j.mp 2/3 hit cancel is surprisingly tight (feels like 2 or 3 frames). Playing online with my wireless internet was pretty fail; I was surprised to see that most people were using 2-lady teams like us; I was expecting more 3-lady teams. Really don't like Parasoul's limited movement. I'm going to look into other 2nds.

Took a 3 day break from Japanese. Felt amazing. Also felt extremely, dangerously lazy.

Finally hooked up my PS3 and messed around in training mode with pad. Valentine's combos seem challenging, mainly due to canceling all of her multi-hit normals early to lower the number of hits so the big blows strike harder.

I figured that since there's minimum scaling to just get the damaging hits out early before going into her multi-hit normals, unless you're using the hitstun poison.

The easiest way I've seen to confirm into launch is 2.lk, 2.mp (1hit), 2.hp.

. . . Scratch that 2.lk, 2.mk, 2.hp also works, does more damage, and is easier to confirm. Need to see if it works in longer ground to air to ground combos.

j.mk (1hit), j.hp, ADC, j.mk (2 hits), j.hk (2 hits) can be followed up with 236k, 236kk (super). If you hit twice with the first j.mk, the second hit of j.hk misses and you drop the combo.

I see j.mp (variable less than max hits), j.2k used to carry the opponent back to the ground while keeping them in hit stun, in several longer combos.

In my original combo: 2.lk, 2.mp (1hit), 2.hp, JUMP, j.mk (1hit), j.hp, ADC, j.mk (2 hits), j.hk (2 hits), 236k, 236kk (super): I saw a difference of about 500dm. Not a large difference, but I think it's best to get the most bang for your buck.

edit: I heard in the Valentine thread that throw combos don't allow you to use ANY 2 attacks twice.

edit: I heard in the Valentine thread that throw combos don't allow you to use ANY 2 attacks twice.

That's strange, as Double I think I can, because I'd dash and continue the combo into quick oki or more damage. I'll test it after my class tonight

For the record, the previous NE thread title had little to do with SF. Zoob literally meant using the wrestling move "Piledriver" on a real life bison off of cliffs in moments of sheer manliness.

It was merely coincidence that Bison is named Bison.

Also, ECT...hmmmmm. Probably can't afford it...

Just wanted to drop in and remind you guys that I love you <3

SRK's setup for Skullgirls is pretty lame so I'll be hanging out here more.

~Sho