Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoob

The New England Thread: Bears Warbling Outside My Igloo: A Polarizing Dilemma

J/K I'm covering another girls shift no meg ever at casuals. FABRIC. PRISON.

D: I'm so sorry to hear that. You will be missed.

Proper Shoutouts this time around:

Why for hosting and driving myself, Glitch, Seth and Kayin to Denny's

Glitch for IZUNA DROP GET BODIED SON

Seth for the nice chat we had on the way over and at the end of casuals

Vyers for IZUNA DROP GET BODIED SON, and surviving the Maple Bacon Sundae with myself and Kayin (and finishing it with me)

Outlaw for finally being able to make it again, was awesome seeing you again

Katz for Katz things

Cheese for doing Cheese things

Kayin for lolargumentsovergames and surviving the Maple Bacon Sundae as well

Mindgam3 for showing up for awhile, I hope everything is alright buddy

Abobo's Big Adventure for making me almost laugh myself to tears

And lastly, Shoutouts to the Maple Bacon Sundae, 3 entered, 2 finished. You demonic bacon goodness you

Shoutouts to IZUNA DROP FUCKYEAH

Shoutouts to having amazing matches but not bringing the power cable for my recording stuff.

Shoutouts to surviving Denny's.

Shoutouts to Ash for godlike throwbreak sequences and frame-tight crossups.

Shoutouts to Why for hosting, and his mother for the amazing cookies.

Shoutouts to Outlaw for showing up and being good company and trying stuff.

It's 5 PM and I've finally pulled myself out of bed. I would've posted that I made it home safely shortly after returning, but it was a looong trip back, and I'd been awake around 26 hours straight, so certain things took priority.

Shoutouts and all that jazz

Why for hosting, and your mother for baking cookies. Hopefully you won't be a total stranger while you handle your school stuff.

Vyers and Rainbow Mash, it was cool to finally meet you both! Vyers, much quieter and more reserved than I was expecting, and Mash, much more hyper (and hype!).

Cheese for bringing half of the casuals party, and willingly toning it down when I asked. I seriously appreciate it.

Fraga for giving me some hard knocks in DOA5, figuring out some Double tech in SkullGirls, and showing off some glitchy WWE netplay.

Sethy for doing what she seems to do best. I'm still interested in recording some voice samples for this omake stuff, let me know if you are.

Glitch for helping me get over my non-tournament 'tournament shakes', and teaching(?) me that sometimes you just have to respect Izuna drops.

I'll hook up Dark Awake first thing, next time I see you guys at casuals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAo7KPgPmDI Some match footage of the game in JP Arcades (includes commentary).

Cheese for bringing half of the casuals party, and willingly toning it down when I asked. I seriously appreciate it.

Yeah, I'll admit by default I'm a bit rough and such, but all you need to do is ask and I'll tone it down. It's just my way of bringing the hype, really. No offense or anything intended.

Anyways, ...

Shoutouts to Why for hosting.

Shoutouts to Why's mother for making awesome cookies for us.

Shoutouts to remembering that MK and BB can, in fact, be fun.

Shoutouts to Outlaw for getting back. Cool new bike, by the way.

Shoutouts to Katz getting bodied by the Lucky Star opening song.

I decided to pick up a copy of BBCSE since I'm getting tired of waiting for CP console version to be announces (cue it being announced like tomorrow). Might end up playing online even at some point, if I'm not too busy realizing that Abyss mode is basically GG's survival mode (and thus fun).

Shoutouts to Mike for bro moments and spyro bs

Shoutouts Outlaw for coming back from the dead just to push buttons with us and for bringing his waifu stick.

Shoutouts to Jer for gg's in bb then having to leave due to emergencies

Shoutouts to Tales for giving us some peace and quiet

Shoutouts to Vyers for IZUNA DROP FUCK YEAH

Shoutouts to Fraga for liking abobo's adventure

Shoutouts to Cheese for MK and BB and p4a shannenegins

Outlaw Vinegar: It was great to finally to meet. You possess a good analytical mind, and a talent for conversation. Those will both accelerate you're learning of whichever games and characters you choose to pursue. I hope the ride home wasn't too cold bro.

I am indeed an introvert, I will have to make you milkshake next time.

Mash and Why: thanks for playing soul calibur with me. It's been a long time since I've played the series.

Seth: It was fun watching you bring baking bishie Ragna to life. 可愛い!!!!!!!!!

Why: Bread Spike! Thank for hosting. Good luck with that final push.

Why's Mom: cookies oh my heart nom nom nom.

Fraga: A drink to the future pursuits of PH.Ds. and Wrestlebubblegum-oozepocalypse.

Cheese: Thanks for driving. and for sticking up for me, I was cool with Glitch's joshing, but I appreciate you're speaking up all the same.

Katz: GG ggs 3v3s

Denny's: fuck you bacon maple sundae.

Glitch: THANK YOU FOR TEACHING ME IZUNA DROP! NOW MY DOA KNOWLEDGE IS COMPLETE! sushi soon.

Mindgam3: It was good to see although only for a short while. I'm glad you're dad only ended up with scratches and bruises. You should visit Max sometime and witness his new crazy emulation setup.

Well... there were cookies!

Other than Outlaw showing up and Meg being supposedly locked in a prison made of fabric , I don't think it was anything different than usual.

Bodied in Cheese's car: Check

Random yelling during matches: Check

Tales: Not Che-- AHA! I see now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBEEb3eN6I4

OhshitI'mretardedhowdidIforgetthis

Jer, I hope your dad is okay and stuff. Sorry you had to leave early. Vyers told us he got a text from you saying something about alchohol and nothing too bad actually happening, but still...

Delicious delicious delicious.

Edit: So about 10 years ago I saw a Toonami animated music video special that introduced me to both Daft Punk and the Gorrilaz. Last night I looked up the Daft Punk stuff again and found out they'd added enough to make a full length musical video movie of their Discovery album by the name of Interstella 5555 (Animation by the maker of Captain Harlock). If you've never seen it before check it out. It's got blue alien space parties, automated mind rape, and flying space guitars.

http://zeroanime.net/interstella5555-the-5tory-of-the-5ecret-5tar-5ystem/

Interstella 5555

Harlock is godlike.

Oh, and I guess this is, too. I'm pretty sure you get the music vids just by searching the songs, if you ever searched for Daft Punk. Then again, having them in order helps.

Wish I had been there.

There was an abundance of rootbeer, too.

Oh, so casuals is probably going to be forever for now, but I tossed around the idea that I (or anyone else who would like to volunteer to aid me) cook dinner instead of us going out to Denny's.

I'm aware that it would break tradition, and that is weighing very heavily on my conscious.

So is the fact that I still haven't digested that god-forsaken burger-thing yet.

That idea isn't normally viable because Mike's parents are usually home and asleep by the time you go to Denny's, and cooking requires using the kitchen that is upstairs. So...Probably not the greatest idea.

There would be the suggestion of making something beforehand and then heating it, but that'd still require going upstairs. Either way, it's a large inconvenience orz

The point is more of that it's extremely unhealthy instead of me not being able to handle it. My heart would sooner give out before I'd start feeling it in my stomach. I guess the idea would be better suited for more local stuff, since CT casuals aren't the only time people get together :roboky:

On one hand I should just save my complaints until I can drive myself down to casuals, but at that point I wouldn't be staying long in the first place. On the other hand, it isn't really an issue. It's just something that keeps me thinking about a career.

Well, I think home cooking is a great idea when it's feasible. I am generally a picky eater, but I will try most things at least once.

I enjoyed the few times I cooked stir-fry for people at the mindhiv3 and at Alex's place. Although, I'm not planning on doing that again any time soon, because I am lacking in utensils, ingredients, and time. Maybe, in some hypothetical future where I have a cushy, high-paying job and oodles of free time I'll take that up again.

On another note it looks like I'll also be pretty busy for the foreseeable future. I will hopefully get ahead by the weekend of the 20th to enjoy gatecrashing the persona tournament, and unlimited sushi.

Oh, so casuals is probably going to be forever for now, but I tossed around the idea that I (or anyone else who would like to volunteer to aid me) cook dinner instead of us going out to Denny's.

I'm aware that it would break tradition, and that is weighing very heavily on my conscious.

So is the fact that I still haven't digested that god-forsaken burger-thing yet.

... but burger-thing loves you!

In all seriousness, like I said at casuals I'd be fine with the idea if we can make it work. Of course Lazy brings up a good point that it'd be difficult at Why's, but perhaps there'd be some way around that. Or we could give it a go when casuals are somewhere else (maybe if/when I decide to host casuals again ... my kitchen sure as hell is underutilized most of the time).

a cushy, high-paying job and oodles of free time ...

I can tell you from experience these two things are almost entirely mutually exclusive.

On another note it looks like I'll also be pretty busy for the foreseeable future. I will hopefully get ahead by the weekend of the 20th to enjoy gatecrashing the persona tournament, and unlimited sushi.

Right now there's something like an 80% chance of me heading down there next weekend. Main concern is simply that it looks like next week is going to be quite busy at work, but heh.

If you want to head down I could pick you up on the way (and add an hour to my trip time, not that that ever stops me :vbang:).

Actually forget anything I said 'cause my grandfather is incredibly ill due to recent shit going down and... a lot of things to say, but I'm just going to hope for the best for now.

Edit: Basically it was a false alarm this time, to my knowledge, and I can probably still go places for things for awhile longer.

Well, I think home cooking is a great idea when it's feasible. I am generally a picky eater, but I will try most things at least once.

I enjoyed the few times I cooked stir-fry for people at the mindhiv3 and at Alex's place. Although, I'm not planning on doing that again any time soon, because I am lacking in utensils, ingredients, and time.

I willingly volunteer to cook or assist if anyone wants to attempt this. I rarely cook, but that's not due to lack of skill or knowledge: it's simply because I have no motivation to cook for just myself. I can make a pretty good Spaghetti Napolitan, from what I've been told.

When it comes right down to it, if you took the average Denny's bill when split between everyone and spent just half of it on groceries and drinks, casuals could have a feast pretty much any time people got together.