Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] News & Gameplay Discussion

I see I have to work for Mitsuru. Very well, I shall. It's like getting my academics up all over again which means irl I'd fail hard.

Since the article was a bit vague, when they unlock that means you can't use them in versus/training/etc. until you finish the story? Or just that their stories are locked?

I wouldn't be surprised if Shadow Labrys was not unlocked until after you beat the story mode.

In regards to the console version's "contents market", I'm 99% sure that's just the in-game store for unlocking stuff like palletes and glasses, rather than true DLC.

In regards to the console version's "contents market", I'm 99% sure that's just the in-game store for unlocking stuff like palletes and glasses, rather than true DLC.

If only......

Any idea when we are gonna be getting framedata or anything like what we have for BB?

Tbh, frame data can be expected not to come out for a very long time, unless as Tong said, someone figures them out through raw frame counting.

I figure it's a little too early for that anyway, since it's basically been out for a month.

Wow that's a good amount of content! I was really counting on the Tutorial Mode and Challenge Mode from BB to be here as well. Seems like they did it! Here's to hoping for an extra character or two on console release.

Is there any credence to the release dates being around early august for consoles. Both Jp and NA?

Is there any credence to the release dates being around early august for consoles. Both Jp and NA?

The Japanese date is official (8/2), the American date is not technically official to my knowledge, but it's widely speculated to be since multiple vendors are using the date and it's coming out on a day when PS3/360 titles normally come out.

Usually when vendors have placeholder dates, they'll pick something like "12/31/12" or "8/1/12" (if it doesn't fall on a Tuesday) or "8/31/12", they're basically guessing. This is more specific.

well that's something positive to look forward too. Im pretty hype for this so I hope somebody releases an arcade leak sometime before august

--on a side note -- watching P4U vids Im attempting to identify moves that are familiar to my understanding of how fighters work. Let me describe one that im having a hard time conceptualizing :

Seems several (if not all) characters are capable (probly some kinda EX move) they flash white during the animation of some kinda delay attack -- Ive seen this hit through blocks (or what I thought was a block) - is this some kinda unblockable?

It's instant blocking, and is done by blocking an attack just as it hits. All characters can do this, and it helps them to recover faster.

...are you talking about guard cancel attacks? the equivalent of bb counter assault or gg dead angle?

It's instant blocking, and is done by blocking an attack just as it hits. All characters can do this, and it helps them to recover faster.

Its not instant blocking -- i can clearly see people do it while they are currently the ones applying pressure-- I didnt play much GG so i dunno what dead angles are

heres one of Yosuke attempting a hit on Yu as he lands http://youtu.be/C1olWHYTu2s?t=3m18s (he wiffs it)

http://youtu.be/C1olWHYTu2s?t=2m36s (he hits Yu)

Alright that sounds about right from what Ive seen -- something Im unfamiliar with. Thanks for the educated info

Shadow Labrys looks likes she can get persona broken really easily seeing as Asterios can be hit at any time.

He looks pretty cool though, the whole minotaur-from-hell look really works.

He can guard which is all good and all, but that guard seems like it'll only be able to sustain a certain number of hits.

Which is why characters like Elizabeth may be problematic for S.Labrys.

maybe it's damage based like rachel's frog? honestly, it seems to random to me... maybe a jp bbs has been able to figure out how it actually works

That could very much be the case. Actually that might be true y'know. I'll guess we'll have to just wait them for any further information they may have once they tinker with her a lil more.

Asterios is free to do w/e he wants, so S.Labrys is gonna have to apply to heavy rushdown in order to prevent getting into a persona break state. I do not believe she can afford to be on the defensive often.

Asterios can be Persona-Broken even when he's just sitting there? I coulda sworn I saw a video where Mitsuru poked him in the head and it didn't take off a segment of the Persona gauge. I dunno, maybe I'm crazy...

I just assumed Asterios had a hit of super armor meaning you need to hit him twice or something. Plus asterios is usually behind shadow labrys so as long as you're safe about your offense you should not have much trouble keeping him alive.

Edit: Theory change

Ah, I could be wrong on this.

I just discoevered that Elizabeth's throws are untechable when the opponent has fear infliction. So basically Liz can get free throws (and damage) after a combo. No wonder I saw Shadow using 5B > throw quite a bit.