Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

P4A Tier List Discussion *5/2 Latest*

It's interesting to see how the tiers have fluctuated over time. I still recall the first loke test footage where nobody picked Yosuke and Yukiko was regarded as broken. How the mighty have fallen.

Still, I plan on staying with Yukiko (as I always do in the RPG :kitty:) and Kanji as secondary, but overall this game appears balanced. The Tougeki Qualifiers had action of every character but S. Labrys and Elizabeth, which is not a very common sight on most tournament footage. There's still some silly stuff, of course. I might be wrong but Tomoe's corner lockdown ability seems a little too good.

At any rate, it's definitely a very enjoyable game to watch the pros duking it out.

Thanks Kiba :)

I speak about tierlist for the input BD = Réversal not Back Dash and AB = Overhead

AB with AKIHIKO and YOSUKE are very strong and fast compare to therest of the cast IMO

No probz and I oooh I see what you mean. I agree with you in that their overheads are really good, especially Yosuke's.

Edit: Kiba let me know if this is outside the bounds of this thread, if it is I'll remove/move it.

Nah it's cool where it is dude.

Elizabeth's is pretty bad too. It's crazy slow, it's a throw (which is BREAKABLE), it does 0 damage, you can't super cancel it (AFAIK anyway), and the effects it puts on them aren't necessarily even that great. The upsides are that it leaves them across the screen, and that the hit effect takes so long that she has plenty of time to build super meter and start recovering blue life when it hits.

Yea it cannot be super cancelled, and what makes Elizabeth a little worse imo is that her GC is exactly the same thing.

I think some of the effects are good though. She doesn't need charm but it does really help her use SP much more often. I think poison isn't necessarily that good since she has a better way of inflicting it, and fear is the least useful because she already has a lot of ways of inflicting it. Confusion helps with Maragidyne > pressure stuff I guess. Would explain where she is anyway, but the benefits of using her may seem to overweigh the negative.

I might be wrong but Tomoe's corner lockdown ability seems a little too good.

I feel it's hella good, which is a reason why Chie is high. She gets that +100 into whatever mixup she wants when she gets a knockdown.

I feel it's hella good, which is a reason why Chie is high. She gets that +100 into whatever mixup she wants when she gets a knockdown.

I feel 1 way of "balancing" her would be just to reduce her damage overall but leave tomoe + corner stuff intact.

I mean, that's how Chie rolls, taking away her "combo, atatatatatata, knockdown, TOMOEEEEEEEE!" would def hurt her a lot.

Tier list "Ease of use"

5/5 : YU

4/5 : KANJI - MITSURU - CHIE - YUKIKO

3/5 : TEDDIE - AIGIS - YOSUKE

2/5 : NAOTO - AKIHIKO

1/5 : ELISABETH

Labrys ans S. Labrys ??? :?:

-----------------------------------------------

Tier list "HP"

10 500 = S : KANJI

10 000 = A+: AKIHIKO

09 500 = A : YU - MITSURU - TEDDIE - CHIE - LABRYS

09 000 = B+: AIGIS

08 500 = B : YUKIKO

08 300 = B-: YOSUKE

08 000 = C : NAOTO - SHADOW LABRYS

07 500 = D : ELISABETH

Tier list "R-Action" ???? >> Any spéculation ?

Tier list "AB Overhead" ???? >> Any speculation ?

Yea, Elizabeth is extremely hard to use in the beginning, but it gets easier when she gets the status inflictions going I guess.

Looks like I thought it would, though I must ask Beat. I know about the HP values, but where did you find that tier list of ease of use?

Pretty sure those are just based on the official stats of the characters (hence Yukiko being 4/5). Those aren't very accurate though.

If you wanted to make it more accurate, Yukiko and Aegis should be 1/5, and Mitsuru and Labrys should be 5/5.

where did you find that tier list of ease of use?

It's based on the official stats of the characters like Koozebanian Fazoob said, but i don't see the ease of use for Labrys and S.Labrys ...

Liz, Laby, and Slaby never received official stat listings is why.

Here is where I'd put the tier list atm :

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/p4u/index.html#ya0-trmlb1k284dg7ab7feaucih57p5l2t5mfgdmasju3onx51goam8efcam90-bkg

I've played in Akiba and Ikebukuro, and after getting my ass wiped I watched quite a lot of games (including a 820PSR Kanji who was quite godlike...), so I didn't write this completely out of nowhere XD

Chie is overrated I think, and Mitsuru is really really really powerful. I'm 8/6 with her atm and pretty much the only combo I know is AAAAA XD

Is Aigis considered top tier because of her Mahvel mixups? I need to watch more Aigis vids.

Edit: That tier list maker is pretty fun lol.

You know, after all this time, I still don't get how Yosuke is placed so high. I mean sure, he has the mobility and mixups, but he can't ends his midscreen combos with a knowckdown to make you guess again (like Chipp for example). I might need to watch more vids of him, but if someone here can help me understand it would be very much appreciated

You know, after all this time, I still don't get how Yosuke is placed so high. I mean sure, he has the mobility and mixups, but he can't ends his midscreen combos with a knowckdown to make you guess again (like Chipp for example). I might need to watch more vids of him, but if someone here can help me understand it would be very much appreciated

He has very good persona moves, normals, pressure and mixup. Though he doesn't get knockdown a lot of the time, his movement options can allow him to shut down a lot of the opponent's options and force them to block again. His damage is also pretty good for how easily he opens people up and Sukuraja effectively makes him X-factor lvl 2.

Couple that with insane mobility and the best backdash in the game and he can pretty much dominate a lot of matchups. Watch Nise Pachi, you'll see what I mean.

No.

The US/EU do not take precedent over JP tier lists afaik, and also if there was a new tier list, it would save time if I edited my first post, rather than making a completey new thread which is essentially regarding the same thing. Ofc, this may be subject to change depending on any special circumstances that can arise.

True but considering how many pages of pure, "from what I see here", or "from what he said" talk new comers of this board will have to shift through to finally get up to date on the discussion I think it will be much simpler to just start this tier topic anew after release.

True but considering how many pages of pure, "from what I see here", or "from what he said" talk new comers of this board will have to shift through to finally get up to date on the discussion I think it will be much simpler to just start this tier topic anew after release.

? Kiba said he would update the first post with any relevant information...there's no shifting going on there...

Is there a tier list post past (V1.02)

I wanna know.

I haven't seen one. I check the BBS weekly and most of the time it's been a trolling list. I saw one where they were using the SBO first ticket totals as a tier list.

Could you elaborate on this plz?

Which version is being played @SBO? Pre-patch or post patch? I know some of those qualifiers were post patch date (June1st)...

The SBO qualifiers list parallels the Pre-patch Tier list very accurately.

Yes, there were some pre-patch classifies. SBO of course, will played on post or maybe on a new patch.

Good luck nerfed Chies lol

I know there isn't one for the post patch, but is there a matchup chart floating around out there? I would like to see the individual matchups if at all possible. :o

Which version is being played @SBO? Pre-patch or post patch?

The game is run on Nesica x Live so w/e is current will be forced to be run on. You don't have a choice of version on that system.

Good luck nerfed Chies lol

She's still a great character even with the nerfs.

I know there isn't one for the post patch, but is there a matchup chart floating around out there? I would like to see the individual matchups if at all possible. :o

I have yet to see a matchup chart. The mook had a brief rundown on matchups but no chart of them.