Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Kratos? ffff...

Sly is making me want to try this game, though (so far) this game doesn't show me anything worth saying "oh sh i need this game"

After looking at the gameplay all I can say is that I hope more colorful and out there characters show aside from "realistic" ones. I see myself looking at Parappa, Sly and the Princess the most just because of how much they stand out.

I like the idea of Radec's playstyle and Sweet Tooth was a pretty awesome choice but for some reason they aren't too eye catching to me. Kratos is as dull as he always is so no surprise there.

Here's to hoping for someone like Spike from Ape Escape or Crash Bandicoot.

Make one of the stages a Wipe-Out Track for great lulz.

Also, does anyone else remember the game Blast-Chamber? Strapping a bomb to a character would be a neat item, heheh.

And of course, who could forget the neverending onslaught of blocks in I.Q. (Intelligent Qube).

And you just know Crash Bandicoot is gonna be in this.

I'm pretty sure both of them will be in it, they were fairly large on Playstation, i mean cmon.

My prognosis: 9 out of 10 people online are going to be kratos noobs sending hatemail of how everyone else uses cheap tactics

we dont need to be nostradamus to know that bro

but yeah, i can already see a lot of kratos rq, and maybe, some kz chars as well

now if they add ffvii charsm oh boy, i dont wnt to imagine that, lol

"fighting game background"

This is my little problem with this, the second that I hear that.... and Maj and Ed are discovered to be working on the game, I worry. The reason being that, as much as that is important... Their "fighting game background" is mostly Street Fighter-based, and honestly any Smash-styled game (and, yes there has been a few) has always been a different style of fighter that bends, or outright ignores, conventions that have been established by Street Fighter. With the Smash Bros Series, pacifically, that has been the point to it all...

And given what I have seen with the gameplay, I can't be entirely sure that they understand the type of game that they are dealing with. I will say this much I am curious to find out if I am wrong (honestly, I hope that I am).

After looking at the gameplay all I can say is that I hope more colorful and out there characters show aside from "realistic" ones. I see myself looking at Parappa, Sly and the Princess the most just because of how much they stand out.

I like the idea of Radec's playstyle and Sweet Tooth was a pretty awesome choice but for some reason they aren't too eye catching to me. Kratos is as dull as he always is so no surprise there.

That is another thing that kind of gets me, nothing in the game so far seems to stand out on it's own. I know how people hate this word lately, but some kind of gimmick might be necessary. But let me stop there before I start with "This is how you should make your game" talk.

I do agree with you however, Parappa and the Fat Princess seem to look more distinct to the eye than Radec, Sweet Tooth or Kratos, and the rumors rolling around with Drake and possibly Snake joining the cast will not help that issue.

Played this game at EVO and it was awesome. Hated it the first time I played it, but the more I played and understood the game the more I liked it. Also, Heihachi is bullshit. Some guy there was trying to say that Sly Cooper was S Tier because he had one move he could abuse, but every time he tried it I just hit him with EWGF and juggled him for a ton of meter.

Hopefully some more PS1 era characters show up eventually. A majority of this roster is PREDICTABO!

I mean I like a fair amount of the roster, but aside from Big Daddy, Parappa and Fat Princess I feel like I saw most of these coming.

I probably won't be hype for this game until Cloud Strife shows up.

The third party character i'd like to see most would be Pyramid Head. Rape supers for the win. ^_^

If Kat and Nariko are in, I already know who my main and subs will be, on top of me officially shipping this game

HYPE! ' w'

But right now I'm running on RUMORS for BOTH of them D:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jul/28/rumor-dante-sackboy-ratchet-and-more-leaked-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jul/29/clean-images-all-known-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-stages/

Leaked Characters:

Raiden (MGS)

DmC Dante

Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank)

Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)

Spike (Ape Escape)

Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)

Nariko (Heavenly Sword)

Evil Cole (inFAMOUS)

Ratchet, Spike, and Sackboy were fairly predictable. I don't care for reboot Dante and I would have preferred Snake over Raiden (although Raiden's cool too). Daniel and Nariko could be fun. Evil Cole? I am disappoint. I'm also disappointed that there probably won't be any Team ICO characters.

EDIT: Leaked items, assists, and other miscellaneous info: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jul/29/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-game-modes-minions-and-items-leaked/