Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Happy with all of those characters except THAT Dante and Evil Cole.

Also I want at least 1 more female character if that's not the full roster.

New Dante, im in. Im a sucker for creative reboots. Lets put it this way: what if batman never got darker and more bad ass, or if final fantasy kept the simplicity of the first few before 6, or if my little pony stayed a girls show.

As long as the remake doesn't cheapen the original, i say...yeah, be creative, do your thing, and show me what you got. The concept for the new DMC is fuckin cool. I wont consider it a true DMC but its a solid re-imagining that's a little more grim. Honestly Dante had two good runs in the DMC series (1 and 3). Even though 4 was awesome, Nero was the star as far as storyline.

Everyone's suckin Dante's demonic dick, but no love for Gene's godly gonads? SHAME!!!

Some more leaked material for the game:

Minions:

• Athena (God of War)

• Captain Qwark (Ratchet & Clank)

• Worker (Fat Princess)

• Dollface (Twisted Metal)

• Helghast Soldier (Killzone)

• Kai (Heavenly Sword)

• Kat (DmC Devil May Cry)

• Keira (Jak & Daxter)

• Kiya (MediEvil)

• Kuma (Tekken)

• Little Sister (BioShock)

• Monkey (Ape Escape)

• Murray (Sly Cooper)

• Nix (inFamous 2)

• Pierre (Doko Demo Issho)

• PJ Berri (Parappa the Rapper)

• Sackbot (LittleBigPlanet 2)

• Sam (Metal Gear Rising)

• Sully (Uncharted)

• Zeke (inFamous 2)

Items:

• Atomizer (Resistance 3)

• Baumusu Axe (The Mark of Kri)

• Boots of Hermes (God of War III)

• Freeze Missile (Twisted Metal)

• Golf Club (Hot Shots Golf)

• Gravity Shield (Wipeout)

• Hedgehog Grenade (Resistance)

• Dohvat Laser Designator (Killzone 3)

• Leech Beem (Wipeout)

• Murder of Crows (Bioshock Infinite)

• Railgun (Metal Gear Solid 4)

• Razor Claws (Ratchet and Clank)

• RPG (Uncharted)

• Scythe (Fat Princess)

• Spear (God of War)

• Sonic Rift (ModNation Racers)

• Sackbot (Little Big Planet)

The rest of the leak list can be found in the link below:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jul/29/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-game-modes-minions-and-items-leaked/

crap

There's a difference between evolution and self destruction...

There's nothing "creative" about making a sloppy hodgepodge of modern crap and trends. And Nero is the prime example of EVERYTHING that's WRONG with Reboot Dante; Nero (despite appearances) was NOT Dante in any way, shape, or form. He had a much more straightforward and (for a lack of a better word) "angsty" personality, he had his own signature cues (greatsword with a bike handle that could be revved up -badass!- and a double barreled pistol), and even his own playstyle (a more focused moveset, unique devil trigger, and the "devil bringer" mechanic which made the game really his own, even when you could play Dante in 4 you could feel the game was made for Nero). DMC can exist without Dante, but it doesn't need Dante to be messed with. I could go on but this isn't the DmC thread...

I'm still being cautious about these leaks, but once again if true I'll be playing this for Nariko, I'm really interested in seeing how they'll make her play and if her lvl 3 will be the Heavenly Sword fully activated (before KO'ing herself :kitty:)

I'm really interested in how these possible "minions" will work, as I don't recall them ever coming up in official documents yet, and with a release date of Oct, there's apparently ALOT Superbot still has to tell us...oh and Spike fot the fucking WIN (assuming these leaks are legit, but come on, Ape Escape was pivotal to early PS success ; -; )

Still not enough stuff from the 90s, though sir Dan is certainly a step int the right direction.

They changed Dante and now im sad.

Oh well... :toot:

As far as the minions; If they have full-sized minions following your character, it's just gonna be one big cluster fuck on the screen if each character gets one. I assume they'll only show up when certain conditions are met (find an item on screen, getting X amount of kills in a row, using meter, etc) for a limited amount of time. Or maybe you just equip one at the beginning of the match and they slightly alter stats/make small changes like in Arcana Heart. That's the only way i could see it working without mass confusion.

As far as the minions; ...I assume they'll only show up when certain conditions are met (find an item on screen, getting X amount of kills in a row, using meter, etc) for a limited amount of time.

They'll probably be like Assist Trophies are in Brawl; whoever grabs them first receives the benefits.

Stuff

The difference here being DMC isn't out yet, we've only seen tid bits of Dante let alone the game, and it still looks good with all of that combined. The only "issue" being Dante now has dark hair and curses more? That's a joke at best for anyone to get angry over.

Dante's reverse levels were better than the entire Nero sections, and i agree when you say it was made for Nero. That's how boring Nero's game was.

Im all in for ANY Dante, other than DMC 2 Dante, to be in this game because that means i now have a character i care for even a little bit. DMC Reboot Dante > DMC 2 Dante from what i've seen. Hell most games, shows, books and my shits are better than DMC 2.

BATTLE ROYALE ALL STARS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The difference here being DMC isn't out yet, we've only seen tid bits of Dante let alone the game, and it still looks good with all of that combined. The only "issue" being Dante now has dark hair and curses more? That's a joke at best for anyone to get angry over.

the art director literally made dante look like himself

Orfuc.jpg

i dont think i understand anyone ever giving money to an art director that reimagines dante as himself, lol

See, every time someone says this I just kinda get confused. The only thing that looks like Tameem is the haircut. If Dante had a different haircut, they'd look nothing alike. Literally everything about their facial structure and shape is different.

...Hahah...DmC reminds me of those fanfics where the author inserts himself...god...pathetic.

The only "issue" being Dante now has dark hair and curses more?

No, that's not the only issue.

No, that's not the only issue.

I like when people post that myself because it's entirely based on the assumption that this game will be like their other games. They've already stated they've gone way out of their way to keep the original style of gameplay with this engine, so i see no issues here on a pure speculation viewpoint. It won't be like Bayonetta because Bayonetta was an even crazier Devil May Cry, so they're going to be, at least in their minds, the same as the older DMC's, if you wan't Bayonetta just get Bayonetta, it's GOOD. You can only say most of that stuff when the game comes out and proves to be like their previous games, til then people can't talk.

Also this isn't a prequel, it's a new universe. So there won't be any plot holes because this Dante and original Dante are literally different characters, not just in look. So that whole argument is a joke. You can dislike the re-imagining in general, but you can't use the holes as an excuse here. Also, get over it?

And with that said i have no real issue with new Dante's look, i definitely like the older Dante of course, but this isn't BAD it's just NEW. Hell not even New, just different.

This game is the ultimate example to show when trying to show someone people just don't like change.

None of this was directed at any one person, just anyone who thinks like that image there.

Orfuc.jpg

i dont think i understand anyone ever giving money to an art director that reimagines dante as himself, lol

who the fuck is that

Hey guys, how about that PLAYSTATION ALL STARS BATTLE ROYALE HUH!?

The EVO build was fun. Some dumb stuff but i liked it man.

The EVO build was fun. Some dumb stuff but i liked it man.

I liked how no one could agree on what the dumbest stuff was, like everyone was broken.

Everyone is Metaknight? :kitty:

Maybe not quite so "Jack of all trades and master of everything hit the god damn deck here comes this mother fucker," but everyone has something that makes them stupid and it's really about playing to those strengths to build meter, which of course is necessary to win.

Ya. Half the dudes i talk too all have different things they talked about.

I myself thought Big Daddy's meter gain was FAST and his supers, specifically his level 3 is gosh dang good.

SweetTooth was dumb, his mines are endless and hurt like a bitch, he controls the ground more than anyone in any other game ever can lol. And they kill you...... Also his level 1 where he kicks you into the rest of the players and when you explode you kill everyone in the area? Wow Sweettooth.....

The Killzone guy has crazy corner control with his guns, like wow.

Ya. Half the dudes i talk too all have different things they talked about.

I myself thought Big Daddy's meter gain was FAST and his supers, specifically his level 3 is gosh dang good.

SweetTooth was dumb, his mines are endless and hurt like a bitch, he controls the ground more than anyone in any other game ever can lol. And they kill you...... Also his level 1 where he kicks you into the rest of the players and when you explode you kill everyone in the area? Wow Sweettooth.....

The Killzone guy has crazy corner control with his guns, like wow.

At EVO there was a guy who swore up and down that Sly Cooper was hands down the best character in the game SSSSS++++++ Tier because all you had to do was mash triangle to win, and that worked out pretty well for him until he ran into my Heihachi, who shut him down every time with EWGF. Frankly this whole thing where everyone has some really absurdly broken tool or game plan in certain situations makes me pretty excited for the game. I really hope there's a training mode in the final version so I can test out juggles, which I feel are going to be very important in the later stages of the game.