Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

Sol vs Chipp

Matchup Statistics:

Openers:

Okizeme:

Punishes:

Counters:

Anti airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

-- Member Submitted Info Section (if valid).

ah man this fight is troubling this little bastard doesn't stay in the same place and it always seems that no matter where i run im always caught in something, if i can lock him in the corner it wouldnt be so much of a issue, but he mix ups and pops a dust or hs from the air, any advice on dealing with this guy, him and millia are my biggest issues, they dont stand still off anything.

Well, if you aren't getting knockdowns from your combos, that could be one reason they always seem to get away. I can't help much with specifics vs Chipp though, I rarely ever play him :/

j.D beats out 5K and often clashes with DP. i usually instant block the j.D and 5K or DP after. chipp is about capitalizing off those single hits into damage, and generally, moving the game in sol's pace rather than chipp. since chipp is more mobile, it is easier for him to move the game in his pace than for sol to do it. so play a patient and strong defensive game. chipp's 2D feels like it has more range even though it is slower than sol's 2D, so you have to be careful bout getting swept into his mixup. pretty much pace it so that you can land those single hits into death.

VV ... against Chip u should intimidate him with Sol brute force as Sol can kill him with just 1 knockdown

just try not become to predictable with it

brute force is my favorite means, its just ass when he teleports and pops from behind...

i found that random shuts him up like you said but he tends to clash with me on it.

j.D beats out 5K and often clashes with DP. i usually instant block the j.D and 5K or DP after.

i guess i should touch up on instant blocking, then, not exactly sure how to train on that..

chipp is about capitalizing off those single hits into damage, and generally, moving the game in sol's pace rather than chipp. since chipp is more mobile, it is easier for him to move the game in his pace than for sol to do it.

so play a patient and strong defensive game. chipp's 2D feels like it has more range even though it is slower than sol's 2D, so you have to be careful bout getting swept into his mixup.

pretty much pace it so that you can land those single hits into death.

oh man that reminds me! my cousin is a strider to chipp person, and he can bullshit pretty good...i like the defense idea, i just gotta touch up on instant block then...thanks..im gonna try this when i train tomorrow.

I've always found the best ways to keep Chipp from being annoying as shit is to out aggro him, but in many situations, that may not be possible, as Chipp is obviously annoying as fuck and will do everything to try and piss you off.

But to note:

Teleport happy Chipps need to be punished BADLY. Airthrow or j.P, j.K, or whatever you're certain will work when he does H or D teleport. If he does ground teleport and you know where he's attempting to go, he's got enough recovery that you can make him eat it pretty badly.

Chipp has three grounded overheads to work with, and they're all pretty terrible. 6K is slow as balls and unsafe as hell. Rekka overhead is also slow but slightly safer due to the fact that a Chipp will have likely pushed you out, or if they're actually smart, they'll FRC it into j.D instead which is much safer. If they go for the pure axe kick, VV it, block it to sweep to VV, or if you've gotten used to seeing it, Grand Viper will beat it clean. Grand Viper will also beat Chipp's dust on reaction.

Chipp's air-to-ground game is a major pain for Sol to deal with, particularly j.D and j.H. j.2K can be beaten by 5K if Chipp does it extremely early, but otherwise VV or block it. 6P has beaten 2K at ridiculous heights for me, but is generally not worth the risk even though Chipp's damage is garbage.

Alpha Blade is an annoying pressure tool, but Alpha Blade plus can be Grand Viper'd on reaction. Note that Alpha Blade Plus has an FRC on it.

If any Chipp uses either super as a pressure option without meter to cancel it, MURDER HIM. Sol can Instant Kill Chipp out of both of these supers relatively easily. Banki Messai can only be Roman Cancelled, but it can be done at any point during the move as long as you've blocked it. Otherwise, FD until he gets pushed out, then backdash, IK mode, kill that moron. Note that you cannot FD Chipp out enough to IK if you are in the corner.

Zensai Rouga is similar, but only works if you block it while on the ground, and you standing block it without FD'ing any hits beyond the 2nd. Chipp will then activate the 6th hit, and going into IK mode will actually make Sol step back and avoid the dive, giving you plenty of time to IK him. The move has two FRC points and can be Roman Cancelled up until the last hit activates, so if an opponent does not cancel before the final, diving it, it's good bye Chipp.

Chipp's sweep has foot invincibility and will beat most of your low poke attempts. Be careful about that.

2S seems to be a major pain in the ass for Chipp players though. Use that.

Chipp can easily Beta Blade through Gunflame pressure, and it WILL hit you if you're too close. Bait it with GF FRC and block, or Feint if you think they're stupid enough to fall for it.

Gamma Blade is hella annoying, but you're best off just blocking it and dealing with what comes next.

Any Chipp that uses command throw should end up on the floor with 60% less health from 5K2H SW loop (though this is set to change in ACR, so get used to airthrowing him instead). If you jump out, be certain you faultless if they have enough meter for FB.

With one of the most annoying 6Ps in the game, don't get happy with your jump in attempts.

Chipp's wakeup time from face up is one of the longest in the game. Don't let it screw up your oki.

Chipp has a relatively low hitbox that will go clean under 5P and 5K when crouching. Avoid using these for pressure.

Shuriken are extremely annoying and are best off avoided.