Sign in to follow this  
MacArthur Blunts

GGXXACR changes. facts. no theory fighter plz.

got a vita for shits. did some testing. slayer nerfs baby! I'll edit this post as I discover more things.

2H: GB- 6 -> 15. still force prorates

j.2K: GB- 10 -> 15

j.H: hurtbox nerf is real. slayer can j.h through eddie drill safely in AC, but not +R. I'm not 100% positive, but it seems like the hurtbox nerf only applies to active frames. so basically hos j.h?

undertow: GB+ 20 -> 10, GB- 6 -> 7. expected as it's a lvl3 move now

bite: frame advantage on lvl0, lvl1, and lvl2 staggers are +11/12, +8/9, and +5/6 (the stagger mechanism is non-deterministic wtf? on lvl2, do [8]K so K is guaranteed to come out first frame. sometimes it combos, sometimes it doesn't). can't combo on higher staggers. 5P-2K-2H, 2D for knockdown. 6H works if you FRC the bite.

DoT: can block after super flash, as expected. force prorate, not initial prorqate

FB dandy: inv will cover the 1st active frame of a perfectly timed pile. inv does not carry across hitstop. tested against haircar and gunflame

new combo theory to come as I get used to pad

Edited by SuperJ

R is out on japanese psn:

- 2K,2HS,HS,2D -> 94 damage on testa. works up to and including slip recovery 2 (you need 3, AND you need to block in time)

- 2K,2HS,236D -> works up to and including slip recovery 3, but the damage off of it isn't all that great: 2K,2HS, link 236D, link 6HS iad. delay j.K,\/,S©, j.K,2K,K, dj.K,2K,D,2K,D: [25% Tension] 148 damage & knockdown against Testa, less against chars where you can't add the second 2K,D loop (not tested yet).

- 2P,2P,5K, D.O.T, FRC,\/,6HS, link HS,632146P, j. or sj.K,2K,D: [75% Tension] 220 dmg & knockdown on Testa. seems like a reasonable BnB.

on the flip side, undertow builds a healthy amount of meter, especially if you can sneak in multiple (i.e. 5h tow, j.d xx chokka, 5h tow, ...). after undertow bounce, j.k > dj.h, j.d is preferable when you're ending the combo relatively early. the AC standard sj.h, d-2k, k works if you 5h xx undertow early enough in the combo

other misc impressions and thoughts:

2s > 6h gatling is gone. f.s now gatlings into... 6k (it will combo on crouching ch).

slayer's good shit requires effort (i.e. tighter links) now. good shit includes: bbu, 6h; mappa, 5k on airborne opponents (1 frame); undertow, 6h (1 frame). your meterless damage output increases substantially if you can hit the undertow link

2h, bbu combos should be optimized for corner carry and not damage (as opposed to both in AC lolol). atthegate's bbu combo should carry the opp coast to coast

this probably isn't practical, but 6h, iad (j.s/j.h)-2d, j.k, 5h... works on mid/tall height standing opponents and crouching potemkin in the corner

now would be a good time to get used to slide knockdown hurtboxes. e.g. slayer and millia can never be mappa'd, zappa's hurtbox is raised behind as opposed to the front meaning you can hit the mappas meaty, potemkin's hurtbox is narrow as fuck, etc etc

fb dandy is sick. i wanna play humans

Slayer 2D RC Double Mappa Combo, works midscreen and corner, some characters need variation but generally make sure double mappa connects and you can combo after. Pardon me if this is already found in arcades or a more optimal version exist, but this is what I could find that gets you near 200dmg and knockdown with 50% tension and does not require corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMyUSpKY8A0

2P > 2K > 2D RC 5H > 236K > 5K > 236K > 5P > j.K-2K > j.K > c.S > j.K-2K > j.D

Also 2K > 2S > 2D RC works but less damage.

Works on: Ky*, Testament, Zappa, Axl Low****, Chipp, Kliff**, Eddie*, Venom, Anji***, Faust, Justice** (To connect c.S on her it's very wonky she floats a bit high), Slayer ***

*... 5P > 5P > j.K-2K > j.K > c.S > j.K-2K > j.D

**... j.K > dj.K-2K > j.D-2K > j.D

***... 2D RC 236K > 5K > 236K > 5P > j.K-2K > j.K > c.S > j.K-2K > j.D (For some reason it's strict to combo 5HS 236K on Anji and Slayer)

****... If midscreen j.K > dj.S-2K > j.D

Excited for these changes. Once +R drops for the US, I will archive all of the old stuff and we can start anew!

For the new combo thread, I would suggest making it as beginner-friendly as possible with full explanation of everything ever. *Hint, hint* :P

(I just think a more complete and up-to-date front page would do wonders. The current state of the combo thread is that you need to know at least some Slayer beforehand, and read through a good portion of it. A lot of the combo discussions/discoveries are too scattered for the newbie to be of any use to him)

I played about 2 hours worth of matches with my friend and kept absentmindedly going for 5H relaunches and 2D>5H RC combos... this is going to take a while to get used to. Out of all the characters I play Slayer is definitely the most different.

It's like I actually have to work for damage now. I'm struggling to find good midscreen combos that don't just look like gimp day one AC Slayer combos... but I'm afraid that's all there is... at least for now

Edited by Greyvangelist

For the new combo thread, I would suggest making it as beginner-friendly as possible with full explanation of everything ever. *Hint, hint* :P

(I just think a more complete and up-to-date front page would do wonders. The current state of the combo thread is that you need to know at least some Slayer beforehand, and read through a good portion of it. A lot of the combo discussions/discoveries are too scattered for the newbie to be of any use to him)

I second this and would be forever grateful to whoever put their time and effort into this. I would really like to learn Slayer and now that he's normalised in +R he looks alot more fun then he ever did in AC. But I don't know where to start. I've been hitting training mode a few times since +R dropped and just copy paste combos from En or Tanbata as it is now.

Hige Corner 6k Meterless Combos

Taken from En's blog here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/en712/archives/51879302.html

Original:

6K 5K 6P 5K j.S(2) j.K 5HS Undertow 5HS 214P-P

6K 5K 6P 5K j.K j.2K j.K 5HS Undertow 5HS 214P-P

Use on JA, ED, VE

Variation 1:

6K 5K 6P 5K j.S(2) j.2K j.K 5HS Undertow 5HS 214P-P

Use on AN, JO, KY

Variation 2 (not as much tension gain):

6K 5K 6P 5K j.K j.2K j.K 5HS Undertow [2S] j.K j.2K j.D

Use on MI, AX, ZA, SO, OS, MA, BA, BR, FA, JU, DI

6K 5K 6P 5K j.S(2) j.2K j.K 5HS Undertow j.K j.2K j.D

Use on AB

6K 5K 6P 5K j.S(1) j.2K j.K 5HS Undertow j.K j.2K j.D

Use on KL, IN

Variation CH:

6K 5K 6P 5K j.K j.2K j.K 5HS 214P-P

Variation TE:

6K 5K 6P 2P 5P j.S(1) j.2K j.K 5HS Undertow 5HS 214P-P

Variation PO:

6K 5K 6P 2P 5P j.S(2) j.2K j.K 5HS Undertow j.K j.2K j.D

Notes:

SL and KL will get hit by j.S 3 times if used during first jump.

JO and KY are a little heavy, so you can use 6K 5K 6P into 2P 5P or 5K 5K to guarantee that they don't fall too low. May be needed for Ky

CH's combo can probably be optimized, but I was having trouble finding stable combos and the one listed above is 200+ on CH already

Stuff can probably get more optimized but this is what I've got so far based off the original combo.

Edited by magz

^ I'll add that on FRC, you can switch the 5k after 6p to a 6H for a bit more damage. Not sure if worth it, honestly.

Yes, the standard metered (25%) combo off 6K (or It's Late) in corner is:

6K/It's Late 5K 6P FRC 6HS 5HS Undertow SJ j.HS j.D j.2K j.D

If you hit 6K pretty far, 6P might not connect, so going 6K 5K FB Dandy Crosswise 5HS Undertow SJ j.HS j.D j.2K j.D

6K 5K 6P 5K j.S(2) 5HS Undertow 5HS 214P-P

little typo there, should be j.S(2) > j.K > \/... then HS

also, en noted that you can 6HS after it's late CH. just whipped this up:

*6HS > link HS > Undertow > link walk forward, HS, Pilebunker: 263(JA)

*6HS > link HS > Undertow > link 6HS > j.K > 2K > K > dj.K > 2K > D > 2K > D:' 269(JA)

edit:

some more stuff:

- mags in your list, DI and KL can actually comboed with j.K,2K, max delay K... and the undertow will hit without problems. only ino needs her own combo with j.S(1).

Ky:

6K > 5K > 6P > 2P > 5P > j.S(1) > 2K > K > \/ HS > 632146P > j.K > 2K > D: 155

6K > 5K > 6P > 2P > 5P > j.S(1) > 2K > K > \/ HS > 632146P > vorlaufen HS > Pilebunker: 166, worse position after Knockdown than for the combo above

AXL:

6K > 5K > 6P > 5K > J.K > K > K > \/ > HS > 632146P > j.K > 2K > D: 181

ABA:

6K > 5K > 6P > 5K > j.S(2) > j.K > \/ > HS > 632146P > j.K > 2K > D: 150. Just the j.2K is missing, gives you 11 more damage (150 instead of 139).

Edited by AtTheGates

Anyone got BBU combos to share for a scrub?

Corner/midscreen involving 2K, 2HS. I guess that's mostly when it will be used...

Midscreen, your gonna wanna prioritize corner carry, unless you can dump meter to finish off someone's health bar. I've only labbed against Milia lately (AKA is the only person with +R in my area other than me), but here's what I got for her.

2K 2HS BBU 6HS IAD j.k 5P j.k j.2k j.k dj.k j.2k j.D j.2k j.D, does like 170 IIRC but basically carries corner to corner.

In the corner I'm doing this:

2K 2HS BBU 5HS 2HS j.k dj.k j.D j.2k j.k 5P j.S(1) j.2k j.D, only a little more damage, but i couldn't get any undertow combos to work well on her from that starter.

However, if you have another 25% meter you wanna go for 2K 2HS BBU 6HS xx FB Pilebunker 5HS xx Undertow j.k j.2k j.D

Obviously you have to adjust these for other characters, and against heavier characters i'm sure 5HS xx Undertow combos are more optimal in the corner, you just can't get much off of them on her it looks like. Hope this gives you somewhere to start.

Edited by Loli-Zero

Thanks for the input Zero. I'm going to play mainly against I-No.

2K 2HS BBU 6HS IAD j.k 5P j.k j.2k j.k dj.k j.2k j.D j.2k j.D

Can't use the last j.2K and j.D from this but everything else hits fine. Maybe it's fixable with delay or not... everything is still brand new for me with Slayer.

FB Bilepunker combo works nice in the corner but the 5HS, 2HS got me beat... I'll see if En/Tanabata does anything I can copy paste otherwise hah.

Corner/midscreen involving 2K, 2HS.

Corner 2K combo into BBU as per en's blog:

2K 2HS BBU 6HS 5HS Undertow j.K j.2K j.D

some more stuff:

- mags in your list, DI and KL can actually comboed with j.K,2K, max delay K... and the undertow will hit without problems. only ino needs her own combo with j.S(1).

I'll concede Dizzy belonging in the j.K j.2K list, but Kliff was actually really tough for me to get even now when I'm trying it and the difference in damage between j.K j.2K and j.S(1) j.2K which is 3 dmg vs. how difficult it is (at least on Kliff) does not seem like a wise trade.

Lol, I like this new Slayer. You can do some really funky-looking combos. Take this simple thing I whipped up for instance:

j.H CH -> 5H -> 2H -> j.K-2k-k -> dj.K-2k-k -> j.D -> j.2k -> j.D

147 dmg on Ky. Carries more or less full-screen. And it looks weird as hell. :P

Edited by Sophisticat

Actually, and more seriously, the above combo seems pretty good for (meterless) carry and dmg as far as my testing tonight goes. You don't seem to get much different out of j.H CH -> 6H bounce -> etc. Might as well be stylish. :P

Otherwise, how are you guys getting the "Link walk forward 5H -> P Pile" ender to work? They seem to tech too high for 5H to hit, and pretty sure I've been hitting with the very tip of 5H's hitbox.

Otherwise, he's got some beast damage in the corner off of some variations of the combos posted in here.

It's Late CH -> 6H -> IAD j.H -> 5H -> Undertow -> 5H -> P Pile = 270 dmg on Ky.

If you hit with j.H CH instead for the above (more likely starter anyway), you still get 209 dmg.

Not bad for a 7-hit combo!

I'll concede Dizzy belonging in the j.K j.2K list, but Kliff was actually really tough for me to get even now when I'm trying it and the difference in damage between j.K j.2K and j.S(1) j.2K which is 3 dmg vs. how difficult it is (at least on Kliff) does not seem like a wise trade.

hm.. i can get it to connect almost 100% of the time, but you're right of course, consistency is important.

After some playing, the most fun combo so far is off 6h hit on standing...

6H->IAD J.D->J.2K(launches on grounded hit)->J.K->C.S->J.S(2)->J.K->5H->UT->J.H->J.K->DJ.H->J.D 215 meterless vs anji. combo variates per character and wont work vs shorties.

j.2k launch is awesome.

Meterless lightweight 6k corner combo..

6K->5K->6P->5K->J.S(2)->J.K->DJ.K->J.D->J.2K->J.K->C.S->J.S(2)->J.K->DJ.H->J.D. 164 on jam

more to come

Vs justice..

CH its late-6h-iad j.h-5h-undertow-sj.h-j.d-j.2k-j.k-5h-pile. 290

Ch its late-6h-FB pile-5h-undertow-sj.h-j.d-j.2k-j.k-5h-pile 333

6h-iad j.d-j.2k-j.k-5h-undertow-sj.h-j.d-j.2k-j.k-5h-pile 231

2k-2h-bbu-6h-iad j.k-j.k-5h-undertow-j.k-.j.2k-j.k-dj.h-j.2k-j.d 167

For the corner, replace iad j.k-j.k with iad j.h-5h-undertow-sj.h-j.d-j.2k-j.d for 181

AA CH 2s/6p-iad j.h-5h-k mappa-5k-j.s(2)-j.k-dj.h-j.k-5h-pile 241/228

Edited by MacArthur Blunts

Sign in to follow this