Sign in to follow this  
DaiAndOh

[AC+R] Venom Discussion Thread

Sorry TittyFOFO if you had plans for this, feel free to do as you please.

Loc test 2 changes!

I was able to translate the majority of the Venom changes. I'll edit this post with any updates/corrections that I find.

Balls General:

- FB Carcass Raid and Stinger Aim cause the balls that they hit to bounce against the ceiling and walls a few times. (FB DHM isn’t mentioned, but I assume it’s similar)

- Ball formation Change: While the ball formation is moving into place, it can be changed by pressing D.

- All Balls now increase the guard bar by 6. Lighting Balls are 6 x 3. Charged Balls are now 20 x n.

6HS:

6P gatling removed.

c.S ->6HS Gatling added.

Ground bounce changed to Knockdown.

Active frames reduced from 8F to 6F.

Untechable time reduced from 44F to 20F

c.S:

guard bar increase reduced from 20 to 14

6P:

New move. No details given :-/ (Probably new anti-air)

6K:

Venom's 6P from AC.

Now ground bounces on hit.

Startup increased from 10F to 15F.

Untechable time increased from 15F to 30F.

Upper body invincibility removed.

Special Cancelable frames increased (?)

Air Throw:

FRC window added to the moment when you begin to fall.

Dubious Curve:

Sliding and untechable time increased by 2F.

Slide distance shortened.

Can be canceled into Ball Summon and Teleport.

Block stun reduced from 24F to 18F

Stinger Aim:

Something about the how the move's command behaves. not sure

Double Headed Morbid:

S Version:

Now only does 1 hit.

Causes massive blowback to the opponent on hit.

Damage now 44 (changed from 17x4).

Attack level changed from 3 to 4.

HS and FB Versions:

During the movement portion, if the button is pressed again (HS for HS, D for FB) an additional attack will occur.

Teleport:

Now able to be counter hit.

Startup increased from 14F to 20F.

Recovery reduced from 7F to 1F

FB Stinger Aim:

Bounces of the wall once.

Ball will also bounce if it hits the opponent (not sure if I read this one correctly)

FB Carcass Raid:

Number of bounces increased

Tactic Arch (632146+P/K/S/HS/D):

New Overdrive, Probably has something to do with ball formations

Can be done as a follow up to Dubious Curve

Other stuff of note: Dim Bomber's notation does specify that it's needed to be done in air and Dark Angel isn't listed, but these might be misprints.

I'm fucking oblivious

EDIT: already fixed some stuff that I misread/mistyped. Mainly the Ball formation and Teleport change.

GGXXACR trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a8mwuFY0X4o

Edited by Adelheid

I'm pretty bummed about lack of frozen balls. Extra bounces + wallbounce on FB carcass is... Cool, sure... But frozen balls were just great.

However, cS > 6H is a huge change that will make for much more damaging combos that also yield better setups, so...

I'm pretty bummed about lack of frozen balls. Extra bounces + wallbounce on FB carcass is... Cool, sure... But frozen balls were just great.

However, cS > 6H is a huge change that will make for much more damaging combos that also yield better setups, so...

Now if we get fS->6H....yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Bouncing balls could be cool and could cause some situations that force people to respect.

Ya, in the original shoryuken thread they had put f.s > 6H and I was hype for a few minutes

still, tired of having to ad-lib on characters like axl that c.S(3) > 6P > 6H whiffs on

speculative tensionless punish that I think would work on most mid/lightweights if not all characters c.S > 6H > run 5P/5K > 6P > 6H...

its not a huge upgrade really but I'll be happy as long as c.S > 6H combos on opponents in the air. Should save us some proration in combos. But venom didn't need help...sad about freeze ball though

Edited by faultydefense

6HS being faster is... Sad. But in some ways it's also good, since that move's hitbox is sweet and it being faster makes it better as a poke.

6P 6H no longer works. That's sad. But given other changes it seems like combos are going to be different anyways.

It seems some damage values have changed, but I don't have any actual confirmation on this. It seems like Venom's going to get harder to play.

I don't think I've seen this posted anywhere else.

近S>6HS>カーカスライドは可能

c.S> 6HS> Carcass Raid is now possible

Oh hey, I guess 6H isn't faster enough to overcome c.S being two levels higher than 6P. Awesome news.

I don't think I've seen this posted anywhere else.

c.S> 6HS> Carcass Raid is now possible

Hmm. That might make the CR a bit easier to pull off.

Hmm. That might make the CR a bit easier to pull off.

Should be about the same. Gives 2 frames more hitstop, but reports say 6H is noticeably faster.

Should be about the same. Gives 2 frames more hitstop, but reports say 6H is noticeably faster.

Crap. XD

If it makes you feel any better, it's gonna make teleport combos way, way easier and more reliable, and enabling them to be done later in combos. Making that stuff more friendly will turn it into the thing to do in the corner against any more characters than it's reliable against now, which is a huge buff. Will also enable 6H > ball > 6H stuff to be better, and maybe even work on lighter standing opponents.

Ed: trying to work my way through what possible anti-air combos would be, since that's what's most nerfed here. I figure it'll probably involve 6P > Dubious FRC... Wish I was at my apartment so I could go through training mode and figure stuff out.

Edited by Adelheid

If it makes you feel any better, it's gonna make teleport combos way, way easier and more reliable, and enabling them to be done later in combos. Making that stuff more friendly will turn it into the thing to do in the corner against any more characters than it's reliable against now, which is a huge buff. Will also enable 6H > ball > 6H stuff to be better, and maybe even work on lighter standing opponents.

Ed: trying to work my way through what possible anti-air combos would be, since that's what's most nerfed here. I figure it'll probably involve 6P > Dubious FRC... Wish I was at my apartment so I could go through training mode and figure stuff out.

I guess that means I should start practicing how to better utilize the Teleport, eh? I've seen some amazing combos where the balls are set at just the right place for Venom to continue his assault.

Also, I need to practice the FRC for Dubious. Thanks for reminding me. XD

When you guys say 6P > 6H doesn't work, are you saying the gatling is gone altogether, or is the gatling still there, but just doesn't work because of reduced untechable time?

I have this sneaking suspicion that 2H is gonna be buffed.

God I can only hope. I do a 2H and as it's executing I'm thinking "What the hell did I do that for?"

2H is cool when used between 2S and stinger aim, pushing you out of the corner just enough so that stinger aim catches a ball set slightly behind you, giving you enough coverage to run in and keep the combo going or get more pressure.

That's enough, right? :v:

Edited by Adelheid

2H is cool when used between 2S and stinger aim, pushing you out of the corner just enough so that stinger aim catches a ball set slightly behind you, giving you enough coverage to run in and keep the combo going or get more pressure.

That's enough, right? :v:

I will have to try that.

I mean I was being a bit facetious, that's like one application of one setup

But at least it has use.

If there's a move I'd really want to see a buff to, it'd probably be DHM. S is very sketchy, H is basically a "this will exactly kill them" combo ender, and D is basically just "I want knockdown on a guard bar combo but I don't have meter for Dark Angel" (IMO). Yes there's more to it than that, but, the vast majority of the time...

Edited by Adelheid

My problem with DHM is that it's very risky to use. If the opponent blocks it and you forget to cancel, it's time for punishment.

Are people practicing still on Accent Core Plus? Since things are about to change, I'm wondering if it's a good idea... >___>

The 25 some odd other Venom moves seem similar enough so far. Not to mention ball formations and a lot of setups seem the same so far.

Especially as someone in my case that's fairly new to Venom. But then again, I would play this game even if another version wasn't coming out.

Really struggling in getting "down" the teleport effectively. I looked at some videos, and the effortless execution of going from the ground to the air via teleport with a clevelry placed ball seems...unnatural. XD Does anyone have any simple combos involving the teleport? Once those are down, I can try to get some more complex ones.

remember teleport stuff is gonna be happening in the corner so

corner: 2369D > 6P > 6H > P ball > 6H > 623K > j.h/j.d > 6H > P ball > dash f.5S >421 k or 236D.

Sign in to follow this