Sign in to follow this  
DaiAndOh

[AC+R] Venom Discussion Thread

You mean HS Mad Struggle?

Played Venom over the weekend. Sad times that the bounce off of 6HS is gone. Don't know how to feel about these changes. Seems like his damage options aren't going to be very good although everything else seems solid.

I didn't notice his sig until now. Oh, Venom...the possibilities for puns are endless.

....heheheheh wait until you scratch the surface, you may not realize it upfront ;)

Played Venom over the weekend. Sad times that the bounce off of 6HS is gone. Don't know how to feel about these changes. Seems like his damage options aren't going to be very good although everything else seems solid.

From the vids, 6k bounce was looking like something fierce. So maybe you won't get 50% off of overhead, but I think he can do a solid 20-30% into Venom oki and pressure, which is what you want of course. Then when you crank dat guardbar....

Also 6k bounce was looking insane!

6p was my main concern. Venom needs some anti-air...and he got it!

Don't make me a Venom mod. I have a million and one bad puns. Stark's sig is not helping either....damnit Blade.

... Pffthahaha, I never thought about this sig in the context of Venom, only in the context of Blade saying things that make no sense.

EX Venom actually has a DP, using the same basic animation as the HS Mad Struggle end but simultaneously using the pool cue to vault into the air... It looks crazy.

Yeah, that's it. He basically does a bunch of backward flip kicks. The HS version (I think) has him launch into the air as only Venom can do. Does EX Venom have any of the moves that ACR Venom has in his regular form?

Yeah, that's it. He basically does a bunch of backward flip kicks. The HS version (I think) has him launch into the air as only Venom can do. Does EX Venom have any of the moves that ACR Venom has in his regular form?

EX Venom has Tactic Arch and Venom's ACR 6P.

Also, about the changes to DHM HS and D, what if pressing HS or D doesn't give you an additional attack, but instead causes a feint so you can use it for throw setups?

justice is looking pretty shitty... i'd love to see her do well as a character

Tittyfofo eat your heart out. ^_^

Best thing about Justice is hearing Meet Again...great fucking song!

... Pffthahaha, I never thought about this sig in the context of Venom, only in the context of Blade saying things that make no sense.

Blade's gonn blade.

But yours has as much possibility as Venom himself.

So about Venom, I am 100% happy. We have antiair and pokes he needs, balls are more disgusting, maybe a slight damage nerf....eh I'll live.

Spending tension is going to be interesting, DAA is important to Venom to get defensive options, FRCs make your moves look cool (use them!), forcebreak gives bounce or overhead (with high damage reward), and we have what has gotta be 2 of the 5 best ODs in the game.

At least Venom builds a lot.

I mean stinger aim FRC is only somewhat rarely useful and is probably a lot less useful now with changes to other moves meaning you have more stuff to do for ground strings that doesn't take meter. Venom's FRC that is important is dubious curve FRC. But I'd still probably rather spend meter on FB Mad Struggle than anything else. I could throw away all my meter on FB mad struggle and be happy about it. Dark Angel may be good for combos again in my head now that I've seen how crazy 6K is, but it would still be a move used to maximize damage after you've heavily built guard bar. My general preference was always "Use FB mad struggle basically whenever, try to save meter for dead angle, though if you get the opportunity it's totally okay to blow your dead angle meter on dark angel to kill them, dubious FRC in there to make certain things better" and I always felt like I had enough. I try to avoid ever using D DHM since, I think it's bad, not being good enough to justify the tension gain loss on the string that follows it. But as a reminder, overdrives do not penalize metergain in GG, unlike force breaks, RCs, and FRCs, so if you have meter to Tactic Arch, the string you do out of it will probably allow you to get back a lot of that meter.

This was sort of rambling, but the point is, don't worry about Venom meter.

Of course not. That would be ridiculous. Though if the loketest vids are any indication you can get that to last awhile and chip people out/crank their guard bar a bit while getting a free in.

Of course not. That would be ridiculous. Though if the loketest vids are any indication you can get that to last awhile and chip people out/crank their guard bar a bit while getting a free in.

Looking at the video though, with proper timing and placement, you might be able to get them to last that long. I doubt it's possible, but it still could be.

That video was...amusing. I started having flashbacks of Street Fighter II when facing computer Ryu. At least Justice had it coming, though.

So, do you guys think that he'll have a setup that will let him zone infinitely?

Like Super > 28[H] > Place Balls xN and get them to never stop?

'sup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSNvur8VUv8#t=9m5s

later in the video is a midscreen throw combo

throw dash 6K ball dash c.S(1 hit) 6K ball 6K

He used slash and heavy balls. ended it with a 623K j.H for some force blocks after teching out

Edited by Reioumu

That ends though.

I'd be more interested in just throwing out five balls at some point you happened to think you could, going for FB Carcass Raid, and then when it looks like the balls will stop connecting, Tactic Arch to get another spread and keep it going awhile longer.

That ends though.

I'd be more interested in just throwing out five balls at some point you happened to think you could, going for FB Carcass Raid, and then when it looks like the balls will stop connecting, Tactic Arch to get another spread and keep it going awhile longer.

Gotta mess with it to see how long you can keep them bouncing and hitting the balls you spawn lol

Y'okay. Time for another stupid question, but it might not be just limited to Venom since I think I've seen other characters do this. In the video that Reioumu posted, at 9:56 in the fight against Johnny I see Venom interrupt Johnny's assault with a 5K. I'm not sure if that's a timing thing to land between gatlings or if it's just knowing the combos your opponent has or...what but it seems that Venom's 5K is kind of like a go to move for counters and going back on the offensive. Is that true? Does my question make sense? >__> I just woke up so...pardon my rambling if it appears that way. XD

it's only a frame slower than his 5p and the same startup as 2p. he doesn't have a dp either: so, yes, it's good for him to get out of pressure with wherever 5p wont reach and there's a 7+ frame gap.

Y'okay. Time for another stupid question, but it might not be just limited to Venom since I think I've seen other characters do this. In the video that Reioumu posted, at 9:56 in the fight against Johnny I see Venom interrupt Johnny's assault with a 5K. I'm not sure if that's a timing thing to land between gatlings or if it's just knowing the combos your opponent has or...what but it seems that Venom's 5K is kind of like a go to move for counters and going back on the offensive. Is that true? Does my question make sense? >__> I just woke up so...pardon my rambling if it appears that way. XD

Well, you see,

it's only a frame slower than his 5p and the same startup as 2p. he doesn't have a dp either: so, yes, it's good for him to get out of pressure with wherever 5p wont reach and there's a 7+ frame gap.

... Is this answer for real

That's his DAA, not his 5K, lol. It has the same animation. But like, it 5K regularly had that crazy knockback and wallstick I think venom combos would play out a lot differently, haha ε:

Edit: Man the more I look at this answer more disappointed I am in you, TD. Like, are you just trolling...? Seriously, "yeah, he can use it to punish 7+ frame gaps" is that really a thing you thought you should say? Gosh, this is like... Anti-advice.

Edited by Adelheid

l should have looked at the video :vbang: l would love a wallstick normal 5k too...

l know this one! :> (dead angle assault)

if you play bb its the exact same thing as a counter assault.

DAA? O_o That's an abbreviation I'm unaware of.

Dead Angle Attack. Guilty gear's crazy term meaning guard cancel. Done with forward and two buttons while blocking; your character flashes white and immediately (or when hitstop ends) performs an attack to knock the opponent away which has invulnerability at least covering the entire startup animation. Venom's is one of the best, 'cause it has wallstick meaning at worst it gets the opponent nearly full screen away and if you're close enough to the corner you can get a small combo off of it (albeit one that will do little damage; it's still good just for extra setup).

Come on now TD, you're better than that. You have an award ^_^.

Also Venom's DAA has some solid range obviously too (don't get too cocky with it though) and Venom's ability to build huge amounts of meter, even for GG help it too...

Sign in to follow this