Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC+R] Robo-Ky Changes and Discussion!

I think that the change to the command grab is more a buff than anything. Throw invincibility should help him a lot on that move. And Robo needs meter more than he needs 60 damage. Higher float also means that you might get more time to set up oki.

Heat 2s xx mat and still combo is ridiculous. I wonder if the frame disadvantage is different on heat 2s.

Heat 2h might help when using it as a pre-emptive anti air with people jumping around at half screen. Usually I do it because it's safe and if they air dash they get blown up. Now, even if they don't air dash, you still have a missile coming down which might give you enough cover to sit on a mat for a while.

I think they really want Robo Ky players to focus on the 80% heat. Lots of his changes make managing 80% heat easier - air missile builds less so you can probably do one at 80% and not explode.

Edit: I don't think anybody has talked about the fact that in the loktest video he combos from command grab with no roman cancel. That's huge, especially if you can get something like 5k cl.s into an air combo. Or just 5h FRC.

Edited by Kikuichimonji

There was a video of command grab into 236236S > Follow up > air combo for pretty good damage plus since it's a super your meter gain isn't slowed, so you'll still be gaining meter while on the mat. Which I think works out to being better than what you get off the grab now + RC.

Heat 2h might help when using it as a pre-emptive anti air with people jumping around at half screen. Usually I do it because it's safe and if they air dash they get blown up. Now, even if they don't air dash, you still have a missile coming down which might give you enough cover to sit on a mat for a while.

Edit: I don't think anybody has talked about the fact that in the loktest video he combos from command grab with no roman cancel. That's huge, especially if you can get something like 5k cl.s into an air combo. Or just 5h FRC.

see the thing about the new 2hs is that you can't just throw it out recklessly at high heats because it builds up heat... i still think its a nerf to the move

i saw people try c.s (didn't work whenever i saw it) and a few other normals (i think all of them except for 5hs didn't work) off the command grab but the ones with the most reliable success seemed to be punching super and dp super, also during the testing, the robokys almost always did everything in 80+ heat.... but if you can get a 2p or a 5p to connect, that would be so sick

Edited by M.Song

off the vids i only remember seeing the 2 supers and 5h frc

was digging on youtube to see other things, since i dont have time to go thru 12 hour of archive or whatever nonsense they have

---------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkfwcZKWssA&feature=relmfu

start at 1:06

in order:

example of horse CH (the wall bounce it makes)

2s in heat mode combo

2h in heat mode (where it lands, heat it generates)

attempt to impossible dust into 6p (not crazy special)

command throw into 5h frc x2 (combo was dropped, wonder if you could do more/worth doing more)

they have 2 other vids, but nothing really special about the robot in them

was digging on youtube to see other things, since i dont have time to go thru 12 hour of archive or whatever nonsense they have

---------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkfwcZKWssA&feature=relmfu

start at 1:06

Thanks for the link.

attempt to impossible dust into 6p (not crazy special)
Actually never knew you could ID with s hs like that!

command throw into 5h frc x2 (combo was dropped, wonder if you could do more/worth doing more)
He could probably have gone into a missile loop there. Totally worth it if it stuns them. And then if you can get a heat 2s because heat doesn't build as fast on missiles... That changes the command grab into a round stealer.

i was watching the taunt fest day 2 torrent vids again and in vid 2 where the roboky is fighting the testament, around 7 mins 15 seconds in, roboky places a mat under testament and command grabs him twice

two command grabs with mats under testament put him at around 50% meter from full, so it appears that the last hit doesn't give back meter to the opponents, and i was just doing it in AC... it took me 5 command grabs if i put mats under testament to drain about 50% meter

well i believe they changed the grab to 50% gain, 25% drain?

so 2 grabs makes sense.... but on top of a mat.... test shoulda gotten a little tension from the mat.... so maybe its more than 25% drain.

awesome news either way ^^

======

edit:

i just realised that i sometimes do 2k in pressure as a dumb setup into a throw, or 2k steam 2k throw, or whatever...... throw is a reliable way to beat that.... i wonder if 2k command throw beats blind throw mash in that case.

gimmicks could be had...

Edited by iora

wow didn't notice until just now

would this be a universal air-dp change or a roboky specific

either way... sounds good to me but would love to hear about any other changes

wow didn't notice until just now

would this be a universal air-dp change or a roboky specific

either way... sounds good to me but would love to hear about any other changes

i fucking hope not. or sols tk-vv will be impossible to block and lead to clsw loop lol

Recent changes listed on Japanese Forums/BulletinBoards. Kudos to Dustloop member Dream Maker for the translation:

Robo-Ky

Heat increase : heat goes up on normal guard, FD and IB.

jHS : heats up 15°C

6P 1 hit : heats up 10°C

6P 3 hits : heats up 40°C

Air missile lv 1 : heats up 30°C

Air missile lv 2 and 3 : heats up 5°C

2HS : heats up 10°C. Guaranteed to come out. If you shoot it goes all the way up seems to go back down. When coming back to the ground, knocks down on both normal and counter hit.

2S : heats up 5°C. Untechable time slightly reduced. Impossible to catch after it on ground hit most of the time.

Backstep : heats up 10°C

Air dp : hits mid. Not possible to get a knockdown. Stronger choice than the gundash (? I think he means the classic low air dash mixup) on okizeme. Level 1 heats up 10°C, no heat up on lv 2 and 3.

Stormlocke's note: Regarding Air DP change, perhaps they are talking about Robo-Dash.

the heat changes are too extreme

we are going to overheat. period.

Recent changes listed on Japanese Forums/BulletinBoards. Kudos to Dustloop member Dream Maker for the translation:

Robo-Ky

Heat increase : heat goes up on normal guard, FD and IB.

jHS : heats up 15°C

6P 1 hit : heats up 10°C

6P 3 hits : heats up 40°C

Air missile lv 1 : heats up 30°C

Air missile lv 2 and 3 : heats up 5°C

2HS : heats up 10°C. Guaranteed to come out. If you shoot it goes all the way up seems to go back down. When coming back to the ground, knocks down on both normal and counter hit.

2S : heats up 5°C. Untechable time slightly reduced. Impossible to catch after it on ground hit most of the time.

Backstep : heats up 10°C

Air dp : hits mid. Not possible to get a knockdown. Stronger choice than the gundash (? I think he means the classic low air dash mixup) on okizeme. Level 1 heats up 10°C, no heat up on lv 2 and 3.

Stormlocke's note: Regarding Air DP change, perhaps they are talking about Robo-Dash.

so nothing on the 2nd 6p?

about air dp tho.... there aren't lvls of robodash so maybe they are talking about air dp

wow backdash heat increase is nuts

also for 2hs, i wonder if 'Guaranteed to come out' just means that getting hit out of it early means that we're more likely to just trade

lvl2/3 missile heat change sounds good.... less need to worry about overheating during a missile loop

also... liking the sound of lower heat gain from j.hs hope nothing else about the move is changed

I was referring to the term "Gundash" in the Air DP description.

And yeah, a lot more ways now to passively gain heat. I'm still cautiously optimistic. I survived Slash, this is no big deal. :roboky:

Edited by Dr. Stormlocke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zb_Hk_271A thanks goldenrody!

things to note:

-command grab float appears to be the same as 2nd location test (command grab -> punching super)

-80+ heat 2hs, the 'hidden missile' will still come down even if roboky gets hit! (it appears to land in front of the initial position fired and the direction it falls appears to be based on the initial direction shot like bridget's falling bear)

-j.hs counterhit wallstick -> they fly more horizontal-ish if not in an upward direction instead of downward!!

-heat buildup seems different in general... moves are building up heat at different rates from AC

unfortunately he didn't land 2s once this match, so can't confirm: 'heats up 5°C. Untechable time slightly reduced. Impossible to catch after it on ground hit most of the time.'

if anyone caught something else worth noting in that vid please post it up

watched the vid, just noticed anything u didnt mention m.son that looked off.

could be very incorrect, but heres what looked weird when trying to look for new shit.

level 2 robo grab gained well over 50 tension (looks like over 60, it flashed to 3 block, got him to 9 - happens twice in vid, both from 3 to 9)

@5:16 - did 5h looks like it recovered faster? or come out slower? maybe both? something about it looks changed.

@5:49 - the level 3 horse hit ky mid backdash, shouldnt that have floated higher? was that changed?

@5:52 - missiles split, looked like they moved faster after the split?

@6:30 - i barely used it, but did level 3 ground srk look like the frc point was earlier?

watched the vid, just noticed anything u didnt mention m.son that looked off.

could be very incorrect, but heres what looked weird when trying to look for new shit.

level 2 robo grab gained well over 50 tension (looks like over 60, it flashed to 3 block, got him to 9 - happens twice in vid, both from 3 to 9)

@5:16 - did 5h looks like it recovered faster? or come out slower? maybe both? something about it looks changed.

@5:49 - the level 3 horse hit ky mid backdash, shouldnt that have floated higher? was that changed?

@5:52 - missiles split, looked like they moved faster after the split?

@6:30 - i barely used it, but did level 3 ground srk look like the frc point was earlier?

ok i took a look at the stuff you mentioned

the command grab:

so he starts at 40% meter, does the grab, dropping him down to 30% then goes up to 90%

i'm interpreting this as a gain of 50% meter from doing the move, but a total gain of 60% to cover for the initial 10% spent

i guess this could make sense because of the huge damage reduction given to it

hmm 5hs didn't look any different to me

pony does look like it floated a little lower than before

lvl 3 missiles - i'll have to take another look at that when i go home

lvl 3 dp - frc still looked like at the peak of his dp.... i thought that it looked a little earlier myself, but after watching it a few times it looked normal to me - something else i'll have to compare when i go home

Thanks for posting up guys! I won't lie, totally had a huge grin on my face after that 2hs came back down flashing red even after Robot got hit.

And yeah...that new Burst icon. Yup...

maybe its like a hotenjin/naoto kick super hitbox, where it goes above and beyond his head with the sword.

wonder if ground dp has a similar hitbox....

here is what i noticed from the jonio stream so far

air dp can hit behind (similar hitbox) has frc

2s looks like it knocks further away

tk dp frc looks easier to combo after because you aren't as far beneath them

edit:

oh it seems people talked about the air dp hitbox already

yeah ground dp totally hits behind it too

i wanna play to get a feel for heat gain >< it looks really different the more i watch it, im scared :(

4:21: impossible dust... not sure why not just usual j.d stuff, unless heat gain?

4:33: eat a dick! (CH level 3 horse combo for a lot, considering guts)

5:15: almost sick long range confirm... i wonder if possible

5:19: still can use level 3 horse for 5h frc stuff (it was in heat, i hope you can do it outside of heat mode though). glad to see it. the lower float scared me a little if im honest ^^

i wanna play to get a feel for heat gain >< it looks really different the more i watch it, im scared :(

4:21: impossible dust... not sure why not just usual j.d stuff, unless heat gain?