Sign in to follow this  
VR-Raiden

[+R] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

Just found out recently of GGXXAC+R. Sol's looking pretty strong in this one. As far as the gatling of 5s(f) > 6hs, I think they are just bringing back a form of gatling that he had back in the first GG. In that one, 5hs was what 6hs would eventually become from GGX onward. 6hs no longer staggering or doing more damage isn't going to be a big deal now that fafnir can combo after it's thrown out as a way to close the distance or combo guranteed combo starter in the corner from what I saw thus far. On another note, having the dustloop returned is cool, even if only2 reps or so available.

Lol I was playing the original GG not that long ago and saw the 5HS. My how times have changed. lol Normal Fafnir should definitely be awesome.

Oh yeah, forgot about the new DI kick special. Not sure if it's overhead, but it would be awesome considering that it seems to add some extra openings for Sol to get his combos in with DI speed boost. Not sure if it's so useful to warrent use of DI more or not when you can save tension for rcing or frcing. Guess only time will tell.

Edit* apparently from the official change page for GGXXAC+R, Sol's DI kick special really is an overhead attack. Refer to that page for all characters changes. This includes property changes to normal attacks as well as the special attacks from what I saw.

Edited by Unimportant Guy

So, it looks like we didn't get any changes in the last location test. Sounds good to me, didn't lose any of the cool new buffs.

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/332829099

Sol at 153:00 into it. Shows the 2d > FB fafnir (cl) made it.

Which absolutely rocks. I hope it slides for long enough that you can followup with Grand Viper if you land it from midscreen.

Furthermore, at around 1:54:40, I do believe the sound effects indicate that Bandit Bringer is now a Level 6 move (like Pot's 6H), though I can't tell if it's slightly + or if it's still even on block.

Furthermore, at around 1:54:40, I do believe the sound effects indicate that Bandit Bringer is now a Level 6 move (like Pot's 6H), though I can't tell if it's slightly + or if it's still even on block.

Cool I was wondering about that. I thought it had a different sound/effect than it used to on block but wasn't sure til I watched it again.

Wish we could've seen that fafnir RC > 5H combo, assume that was gonna go into GV and maybe 1 or 2 SW.

Not sure but the bounce off normal hit BB looks kinda hard to combo after from midscreen, they fall pretty quick.

You guys. The dustloop is in this game. I saw it on stream yesterday off of corner 6p. 3 reps.

From the location tests I wondered if +R secretly meant +#Reload, and that seems to be the case.

H Fafnir staggering is going to take some getting used to. Not sure how useful it will be yet.

Sign in to follow this