Vulcan422

Like a Boss: AC+R Justice Discussion

Probably the only thing to mention is that the dashes aren't as fast as they used to be. This might affect which of her old silly ToDs she can still do, though I don't think it will.

Probably the only thing to mention is that the dashes aren't as fast as they used to be. This might affect which of her old silly ToDs she can still do, though I don't think it will.

Hmm, good point. I have added that to the infobox above your post to further explain the cons of Omega Shift.

Great find, and thanks for mentioning it.

Isn't that a disadvantage?

Come to think of it... it would be a disadvantage, so yeah.

Since having a full guard gauge for any character (Namely the player's character) will result in a counter hit whenever they get hit.

Edited by MikelAL93

Come to think of it... it would be a disadvantage, so yeah.

Since having a full guard gauge for any character (Namely the player's character) will result in a counter hit whenever they get hit.

Not _A_ counter hit. MULTIPLE counter hits, from a 100% full guard gauge. 2-3, depending on how fast the guard gauge empties to the point where auto-counter is no longer applied. So depending on who hits you with what starter in Omega Shift, your ride could be very long indeed. Full guard gauge is a pretty damn big deal for anybody.

Does the guard gauge just START at 100% in Omega Shift and decrease, or does it STAY at 100% until Omega Shift ends?

Does the guard gauge just START at 100% in Omega Shift and decrease, or does it STAY at 100% until Omega Shift ends?

The guard gauge starts at 100% after Omega Shift ends, and decreases gradually after her dizzy animation starts.

Double post to give you guys a heads up.

AC+R ver. 1.10 is coming out in January, and balance changes will be provided as well. The changes for Justice in the new version are listed as below (Thanks to Alzarath for linking the translated list in the AC+R discussion thread):

Justice

- Hurtbox

* Smaller hurtbox during movement (walking around, jumping etc)

- Backdash

* Distance traveled reduced

- 6P

* Reduced initial prorate

* Forces crouching state

- 6HS

* 2nd hit launches the opponent when a Counter Hit

* Reduced initial prorate

- 2HS

* 1st hit has a larger horizontal hitbox

- Air Throw

* Opponent gets thrown closer

- Valkyrie Arc (236P)

* Counter activates faster

- S.B.T. (623K)

* Invincible to low

* The part with lightning has increased untechable time

- S Michael Sword (air version) (j.41236S)

* Recovery reduced

- HS Michael Sword (air version) (j.41236HS)

* Recovery reduced

- FB Saperia Trance (ground) (236D)

* Smaller hitbox 'above' during the start of the move

* Moves faster

* Reduced recovery

- Defensive Burst

* Faster activation

Edited by MikelAL93

Right, let's run through what these mean.

Hurtboxes: Obvious.

Backdash: Depending on how much closer she is to the opponent, this could possibly mean she can backdash then throw or DP, which would be crazy good. Like, backdash pot buster good.

6P: Just stick to 6PH xx Michael Blade. If that means it forces crouching on antiair hit as well though, I'll laugh.

6H: Wait, it didn't do this already? That explains some things, unless they mean it gets a silly BBU style launch now.

2K: Coupled with the 236D speed buff, I'm suspecting that michael blade, 236D, OTG with 2K can occur much more frequently now.

2H: Probably won't change how it's being used much, but nice to have.

Airthrow: Perhaps she's actually allowed to do something if she RCs it now.

Valkyrie Arc: Back to its old stats, most likely. Hell yeah.

S.B.T: Now fully invincible again. I'm suspecting you're allowed to actually combo off it without Omega Shift now.

Michael Swords: Better for footsies and you've got more time to chuck a nuke or whatever after the knockdown. Good.

236D: Smaller hitbox is sad, but making it move faster and have less recovery means we can do more whiffed 236D, throw shenanigans, or use it in combos.

Blue Burst: ...okay.

No buffs to Omega Shift: Still not going to see this being used. Why spend 100 tension to gofast for a bit and run the risk of getting ToD'd when you can just do more Michael Blade?

So she's pretty much the same, but with tighter defense and possibly more combo potential. Depending on how much faster the air specials' recoveries are, she might have a lot more chances to do Nuke FRC and actually get some momentum going.

Edited by Pichy

So she's pretty much the same, but with tighter defense and possibly more combo potential. Depending on how much faster the air specials' recoveries are, she might have a lot more chances to do Nuke FRC and actually get some momentum going.

Personally, I hope that the changes are for the better.

I'm glad that the air Michael Swords have faster recovery compared to the slow recovery from before. S.B.T combos without Omega Shift are also welcome, as its obvious that using Omega Shift isn't a smart idea, especially if you want to waste 100 Tension for her old mobility options and jacking up your guard gauge to maximum.

...I haven't played GG since arcades so I'm trying to get back into it (wasn't that good in arcades but i could hold my own). I don't have a main yet so would Justice be a good fit for me when the update comes out? I heard she was extremely cheap, lol.

I'm a zoner by heart so that's why I asked.

...I haven't played GG since arcades so I'm trying to get back into it (wasn't that good in arcades but i could hold my own). I don't have a main yet so would Justice be a good fit for me when the update comes out? I heard she was extremely cheap, lol.

I'm a zoner by heart so that's why I asked.

Justice relies on heavy zoning tactics in AC+R, mostly with Michael Sword and N.B.; N.B.'s trajectory has been heavily modified from her previous incarnations, given that you can now use P, K, and D versions of it alongside the existing S and HS versions of the move. Michael Blade's new air versions also provide her with new air combo finishers instead of just j.H like in previous versions.

Combos with Justice rely on throws, Valkyrie Arc's successful throw counter, Michael Blade on counterhit, 6P, etc. My personal favorite is using throws > both hits of 6H because it'll start your first wave of good air combos with her.

I also recommend that you watch the Japanese match videos that are already in the Justice video thread, but more notably, check out matches by Tsujikawa, Mike, and TON. They'll give you ideas on which strategies you can adapt while playing as Justice.

Lastly, be sure to avoid using Omega Shift because it isn't worth spending all your meter on at all. Sure it's nice to have Justice's old mobility options back, but with it jacking your guard gauge up to max, it sure isn't worth it at all to spend all your meter on regaining her triple airdash and triple jump.

With that said, I hope you will take all of this in mind. If you liked playing as Nu, Mu, or Lambda, then Justice is a good choice for you. The same applies if you have played Aigis or Yukiko in P4U. :)

Justice relies on heavy zoning tactics in AC+R, mostly with Michael Sword and N.B.; N.B.'s trajectory has been heavily modified from her previous incarnations, given that you can now use P, K, and D versions of it alongside the existing S and HS versions of the move. Michael Blade's new air versions also provide her with new air combo finishers instead of just j.H like in previous versions.

Combos with Justice rely on throws, Valkyrie Arc's successful throw counter, Michael Blade on counterhit, 6P, etc. My personal favorite is using throws > both hits of 6H because it'll start your first wave of good air combos with her.

I also recommend that you watch the Japanese match videos that are already in the Justice video thread, but more notably, check out matches by Tsujikawa, Mike, and TON. They'll give you ideas on which strategies you can adapt while playing as Justice.

Lastly, be sure to avoid using Omega Shift because it isn't worth spending all your meter on at all. Sure it's nice to have Justice's old mobility options back, but with it jacking your guard gauge up to max, it sure isn't worth it at all to spend all your meter on regaining her triple airdash and triple jump.

With that said, I hope you will take all of this in mind. If you liked playing as Nu, Mu, or Lambda, then Justice is a good choice for you. The same applies if you have played Aigis or Yukiko in P4U. :)

Been watching the videos. Really liking her so far but I know I have a lotta work to do when the update comes.

vs dizzy seems very brutal. Without any dash the vs dizzy match was a slaughter. Dizzy shuts down justices range game and the ju. players try to jump approach/to die trying.

Since Omega shift lets Justice jump cancel all ground normals and jump/dash cancel all air normals, shouldn't she have absurd pressure/mixup and combos that are nearly unburstable when using it (just jump > block > reset off of ANYTHING)?

Pichy, I noticed you posted some good info since you're playing the Vita version. Do you think you could compile a gatling chart for Justice since the wiki doesn't have that info yet? No rush or anything. I'm just wondering if 2K > 6P > 2D and similar stuff works.

(Also just noticed that her 2K is listed as an overhead in the wiki?)

I'll make a gatling chart later, but 2K does indeed gatling into 6P. 6P doesn't go into 2D, but it does gatling into just about everything else, which can. So stuff like 2K 6P 5S 2D is possible. I input the first low as 1K rather than 2K just to make sure I don't accidentally get Valkyrie Arc.

The tricky thing with Omega Shift is you have no meter immediately upon activation, so if they ever see the giant superflash they will probably knock you down with a DP, then just run away utnil it runs out and they can kill you. You can't do shoryu FRC or nuke FRC if you have no meter. :( There's doubtlessly more potential than we've seen from Japan so far as far as blockstrings go, but there's definitely reasons you haven't seen anyone use it past the first week.

Also it turns out that 6H xx Gamma Ray works on Sol/Order-Sol now. Doesn't work off counter though. :v:

Finally had a spare moment to fill in the gatling table. Broke the formatting in the process somehow. Man I hate working with tables.

I know that Justice is low tier in reality because she has some really bad match-ups, but on paper she looks really dumb. Her missiles are incredibly easy to use since they either explode on command or on proximity, and the hitbox is pretty huge. Her normals are fantastic. Her standing overhead is actually really fast. Michael Blade is like CS1 makoto's big bang smash, it's super fast and a full screen punisher.

100% maining her, she is ridiculously fun to play =3

Matchups smatchups. Passion for a xenophobic nuclear lightning futanari wizard robot/human/animal hybrid conquers all!

So yeah, people without Vitas are able to play her now. Is anyone else actually intending on playing this wonderful wall of hitboxes?

Just pick the Zeta Plus colour instead.

heres some new god tier tech http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21595113

don't mind the comment with the combo cuz its wrong, its throw>walk up 6hs>j.s(1)>hs michael>j.s(1)>j.hs(whiff)>j.p>j.s(1)>j.d>dj.s(1)>j.hs>delay s michael(1) and alternative version without relaunch is throw>walk up 6hs>j.p/j.k>j.s(1)>j.d>dj.s(1)>j.hs>delay s michael(1), might be able to stick in like another j.k after double jump on heavier characters and lowest 6hs? from ground starters stuff>2hs>j.p/j.k>j.s(1)>j.d>dj.s(1)>j.hs>delay s michael(1) seems to work fine

j.hs must swap sides for 2nd hit of s michael to whiff and michael must be done when their head is around her knee height or so

not completely sure about how character specific it is, the j.s(1) relaunch is most likely lightweights only and its even difficult to pull off on chipp, the 2nd combo is probably the most consistent and should work on pretty much everyone

Too tired to fap to that video. Will do so when awake again.