Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

AC: Videos

Hijacking this! This thread is for posting videos and discussing them. The main intention is to post matches played by members here for constructive criticism, however, if you feel that something like a Japanese match video would contribute to the discussion or prove a point, feel free to post it here as well. What we should avoid is just posting random Japanese matches and saying "Awesome!" or "Syuuto is my hero," since DL has a whole video forum for that. :v: Original first post of thread below.

Why is Jam turtling against Axl? I'm looking at the second match in particular. With all the pokes you throw out at him (5P), he should air dash and get a free 214K...or something. One missed poke with Axl against Jam = gg no re.

I'll rename it as soon as I have a better name for it :P Yeah, I know I myself posted a tutorial vid in the Combo and tactics thread.. but I guess that was somehow ok as it was a combo tutorial. I very much appreciate and enjoy match movies from fellow forum members, so I think those deserve their own thread anyway^^ Post and discuss^^ EDIT: For some reason the vids just won't load.. that's strange.. but I will try on a friends PC or something^^.

Finally got to see the vids (those of Sir Smoov and of Axel) Liked the them a lot^^. Both of you using lots of the stuff I just try to incorporate into my game play recently. Not much advise I could give or even dare giving^^ God job! Saw some new setups I will include in my gameplay as well^^.

Most of the advice I could give would be to the Jam player. Mostly to be more aggressive against Axl but hell I don't really know Jam that well so it's not my place to tell, but I'm pretty sure she has good options for getting in on him. Only tip I'll say is not to OD in the middle of strings to get out of pressure. If it's blocked it's severely punishable(he just needed to hop over the second part to kill you), and the DP does more damage+safe on RC. So yeah I suggest either DAAing him or DPing, because that OD is horrible. But yeah he needs to be less afraid of eating some long range pokes. They don't do that much damage, and once he gets by Jam murders Axl up close. They were good matches though, and I hope I don't come off as a dick. I'll post some of my Axl matches next week.

Most of the advice I could give would be to the Jam player. Mostly to be more aggressive against Axl but hell I don't really know Jam that well so it's not my place to tell, but I'm pretty sure she has good options for getting in on him.

Only tip I'll say is not to OD in the middle of strings to get out of pressure. If it's blocked it's severely punishable(he just needed to hop over the second part to kill you), and the DP does more damage+safe on RC. So yeah I suggest either DAAing him or DPing, because that OD is horrible.

But yeah he needs to be less afraid of eating some long range pokes. They don't do that much damage, and once he gets by Jam murders Axl up close. They were good matches though, and I hope I don't come off as a dick.

I'll post some of my Axl matches next week.

thanx for the comments...i'll address those and then to just throw out some of my thoughts...

me and the jam player havent played against each other very much, so he's probably just not used to being poked from so far away and seemingly all directions :grin: ...as an axl player i'm scared of everyone that has the option of closing in on me, so being used to that, i'm probably just more comfortable in the game....i did lose that set though 6-10...i ate many a 5D

not OD'ing in the middle of strings is excellent advice...i pretty much know better then that anyway, but i was just soooooooo sure it was gonna work...using the OD over the dp is just poor logic...he woulda killed me if he didn't try to be KA2 jr. and parry the 2nd part..."parry for the loss"...i still may consider wake up super though, just because he really has no offensive options off the ground...

i use alot of daa's too, but i'm gonna start using more dp when i have meter, the reward is too good to overlook....

random comments-i honestly dont think jam's rushdown would be that scary if it weren't for her 5D...i eat that shit for breakfast,lunch, and dinner...its the reason i eat so much of her 5k, i get scared and just try to backdash everything with very little success

3p whoring spaced right beats out almost any attack and it has great recovery...so when i throw it out midscreen thats to try and limit their options to just coming in from the air, which is alot less harder to deal with when i know they think coming in from the ground isnt going to be so easy....on occasion i try to use 2hs frc with this same thought in mind, though if it hits or they block it, it'll leave me with more options....

if u use 3p in the corner and they try to move, it'll beat most anything...which is why i'll sit there and 3p for so long, the second i think a jump or iad is coming 5p will beat all of that...its hard to discern when i'll use either of the 2....ultimately i'm trying to get the jam to not mash 2s when i edge in closer so i can go for worthwhile dmg...its a basic strat that works on most characters though....

also, i did have limited success trying to space with hs...not in those vids though, i get trashed trying to use it their...the hit box is so wide it covers air and ground pretty nicely...i figure if hs can work as AA on accident pretty good, its gotta be decent when i learn how to use it on purpose...

cant wait to c the vidz redbeard...

axel-still can't see u're vidz >.> my quicktime player just comes up blank....suggestions??

Here's some of my match vids from a tournament I was in a few months ago. I'd appreciate some feedback or tips. Unfortunately there's some glitchy thing (I don't know computers) that causes the videos to be blurry at certain points. Sorry about that.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6681776218373313584

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=260508115012685527

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=301985277654711536

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=217873273685651058

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1283830780264524632

Not bad at all Suiluung. Incoming super analysis...

BR vs. Axl:

It's pretty hard to give advice on this because your opponent was horribly, horribly predictable. He attempted to reversal EVERY time he woke up, which gave you a free combo every time he missed it. You should have caught on to that and started just countering him every time he got up, because if he was hitting his reversal timing he probably would have beaten you because you did 6H a decent amount on wakeup. That is a no-no against Bridget and Sol because it is pretty much a free punish for them if they have decent reversal timing(which they should). You can bait it by doing 6H early but if they're not stupid they'll wakeup throw you instead. Overall doing meaty 6H is only for characters without simple DP options.

Other than that there was a lack of FDing, but that's about it.

Axl vs. Pot:

Your opponent didn't know how to play the matchup and you killed him. That's pretty much it.

When he picked Venom, you were getting hit from the air a lot. I think you should try to use 2S/6K a bit more, I rarely see you use it. 3P is another poke I don't see you use and it's one of Axl's best. Try mixing on some 3P instead of f.S. f.S is good in it's own right as it's decent mid range poke, but it's also a bit slow. Your opponents were getting killed with it though so I guess whatever works...

Axl vs. May:

Your opponents don't seem to understand how to block so you just kill them. I don't know how many times I saw you 6H, then just hit them with whatever attack you tossed out after that. They need to be more patient and BLOCK your strings because you really weren't doing any mixups, they were just getting hit out of impatience. You did plain attack strings with no high/low/tick throw, and they were getting murdered, which means they need to learn to be more patient.

You didn't 2S enough, or counter him. He was doing nonstop high attacks. Dolphins, Super Jump Airdashes to 2H etc. 2S comes out really fast so you could have just nailed him out of the air and combod him most of the match..

Axl vs. Ky:

This shows me that you know how to block, which is good. You definitely did a good job against Ky, it's a tough match. I can't really give any advice here except perhaps that you need to do more tick throws, especially when you have the opponent locked down in the corner. If Axl has no threat of tick throws, Axl isn't really a threat. He has no fast overheads so the opponent can just block low then block high on reaction because 6H and 5D are so slow.

That's about all of it. Sorry again if I come off like a dick that's just my honest opinion of the matches. Overall you know your shit, you need to solidify your combos a bit, a practice some mixups, and use more 2S. The earlier opponents you faced need to be more patient and learn to block a bit, because with the way they played you didn't NEED to do mixups because they were too eager to get out of your strings.

sssssweet matches suilong....solid play overall...nice burst throw :grin: i noticed even when u're 6hs was IB'd u weren't punsihed for it, unless u were real close then u got thrown...is it not punishable on block?? given my limited experience, i honestly don't know...i mostly only play against pot, so i just know i get pot bustered if i try...the few times i do get to play other characters, they're reversal options r too good so i steer clear of 6hs on wakeup... i noticed even against bridget u had no fear of spaceship on wakeup, even after u were hit twice out of 6hs...kinda scary...mix it up... if the opponent is low on life and u hit em' with standing dust, i'd say just do 1 j.D in the air combo to reduce margin for error....but then again, everyone isn't as clusmy as i am with combos, so knock yourself out if u feel comfortable... and uhhh...i think u missed free slide punishment on ky a few times...2d is usually free, unless they're pushed waay back on block after, which happens occasionally... i think redbeard left alot of good insight, so i'll leave it at that... axel-not really enough for me to comment on = ( also, thanx for the vlc link guy... edit-actually...after relooking, bridget only hit u out of 6hs once off of wakeup....and it kept working so nvm on previous comment...though i still personally wouldnt have gone for it much...i like to 3p on those with uppercutz... also, forgot to ask....on one of your vidz u hit a bomber in the air and actually airdashed past them then did hs,bomber from the other side...usually if i'm close like that and try to dash by axl just does the attack the wrong way....if i dash past them early enough can i expect axl to turn around eventually??

In my experiences, Axl's 6HS is punishable on block and IB in certain positions. If the 6HS hit while Axl is closer to the ground he's safer. So pretty much time the 6HS so it hits pretty much near the end of the animation. Unfortunately, if you do this, you opponent can backdash on wakeup. I normally do a 5K after the 6HS because it's Axl's fastest move. But yeah I never 6HS Pot because then I get PBed. I guess against Bridget I was getting reckless (Axl Reload combo video pun lol :-p) because I wasn't being punished everytime I did 6HS. Yeah I do agree with RedBeard I need to do 2S and 6K more. The May I'm played against in the tournament is a good friend of mine and we play each other literally all the time. So the match may look a bit retarded because of all the advanced reading haha. But thanks to RedBeard and SirSmoov for your comments and tips. EDIT: This is in response to SirSmoov, I found this out by playing Johnny, if you air dash and cross over your opponent, as you start to descend if you attack you will face the other way. This is also seen in the Reckless Axl combo video. A RC dash bomber combo would have been worth it in the situasion I was in. Unfortunately, the distance wasn't far enough to do airdash, D, Bomber. So if you time the airdash, you can do a HS crossover instead. Pretty cool huh?

good match... i'm personally not a big fan of 63214s though...when people use that move alot of times it lookz like they're just throwing caution to the wind...that move is not good on block at all and the reward is pretty low for landing it.... i like the poking with 5k...i'd recommend throwing in the 3p gatling off of 5k from time to time when u use it like that...since u cant really hit confirm 5k..but after 5k, 3p,....u'll notice they're not blocking in time to tack on a 2hs...a bit of extra dmg there... meh...my personal opinion....but ya...AC next week!!!!

Just me trying to annoy people with Axl in some casual matches. When I learn to do the super jump in his combos, I will post better matches ^_^

Team Match: Forestblazer (AX) vs AGX (DI) & Forestblazer (AX) vs Tyrant (SO)

Forestblazer (AX) vs MDK (TE) 01

Forestblazer (AX) vs MDK (TE) 02

Forestblazer (AX) vs MDK (TE) 03

Forestblazer (AX) vs MDK (TE) 04