Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

[CSE] Noel Vermillion General Gameplay Discussion.

I wonder if all this fancy SMP combos should be learned at all. Noel has pretty awesome meter gain regardless... Then again, it never hurts to know new things, right?

There's no real harm, really. Noel's SMP combos are simple, damaging, and heat-efficient, so why not at least learn 'em?

I know this is like 4 days later, but I was trying not to use my phone for recording (I hate putting up shitty quality videos). I got tired of waiting lol.

I can't haida loop

yet

so I ended up doing this instead.

Same damage, same heat. (Sorta, the last 6C is worth 2 heat, so if you use it, the combo adds 74 heat, if not, the combo adds 72 heat.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR_cLI7_97g

I know this is like 4 days later, but I was trying not to use my phone for recording (I hate putting up shitty quality videos). I got tired of waiting lol.

I can't haida loop

yet

so I ended up doing this instead.

Same damage, same heat. (Sorta, the last 6C is worth 2 heat, so if you use it, the combo adds 74 heat, if not, the combo adds 72 heat.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR_cLI7_97g

I like it, I like it a lot.

You may have helped me out a bit with this one, we may be able to make this version of the combo work on the other characters that mine doesn't work on.

I wont be able to try it out until Monday though :c

I can't come up with any decent haida loop for Jin. ;~;

Best I got (which barely makes use of the SMP exploit) is this.

Gains 53 heat and deals 7.4k damage.

Jin apparently hates being hit with Silencer. I can't even get your combo to work after ....> 5D > BT > 6C[1] > 22B (Jin techs here). Props to you if you can get a haida loop to work on him.

I know Litchi's a bit more cooperative, and Makoto I haven't tested anything with just yet.

EDIT: Combo works for both Litchi and Makoto, not sure who else has a suspect hitbox but I checked Tao, Carl, and Platinum; a very slight alteration to the combo (i.e. Removing the last 2A) makes it doable. The damage remains consistent at 7.2k - 7.4k, but the heat gain drops to roughly 50 depending on the amount of 22B's and the inclusion or exclusion of the 2A > 6C between TK Thor and Fenrir.

I'll see what I can do, until then if anyone else can find anything I'd appreciate it.

5D > BT > 6C[1] > 22B (Jin techs here).

Have you tried hitting Jin lower or farther away with the initial 6C? Kinda surprised it works with Makoto's crazy vertical hitbox but not Jin's. Try modifying when and where you hit him with 6C if you haven't already.

Have you tried hitting Jin lower or farther away with the initial 6C? Kinda surprised it works with Makoto's crazy vertical hitbox but not Jin's. Try modifying when and where you hit him with 6C if you haven't already.

To expand on that, you can also delay the 22B a little bit after you hit the 6C.

I did try delaying it some during my lab session yesterday, it didn't seem to give me any improved results.

I'll try more when I can, but between work and family visiting, I don't have much time to myself. Yesterday was a day off for me, so I got to spend a few hours worth of it in the lab.

@Lith: I'd be down for it sometime, but ... *points to aforementioned point about my personal time* :c

oh ok doc i gotcha. just message me if you ever on and you have time for some lab and you can inv me or ill inv and we can get down to some work. if you have a mic that will be cool it can help run things alot faster

I kind of found something wonky while I was in training mode today. Sadly it's not something that is contributing to the SMP craze, though, so my apologies in advance ^^;. This is more of a nifty(?) blockstring thing to exploit against characters that are a bit taller than Noel (i.e. Tager, Bang, Ragna, Hakumen, and Valkenheyn).

So, I was just basically refreshing on how I use 5B>IAD>j.5B to end up on the other side of the opponent. However, I didn't manage to make IAD come out, so I just ended up jumping regularly. Funny thing is, though, that once Noel is technically on the opposite side of a tall opponent like Tager, j.B's hitbox is large enough to still hit them. So, it looks like you're just doing a regular stuff>5B>jump cancel>j.B blockstring, but you'll be crossing them up instead, and you'll be able to hit them if they don't switch their blocking direction.

Your tall opponent MUST be standing in order for j.B to connect (with the exception of Tager, who can still be hit by it even if he's crouching), but since j.B hits high they'll probably be standing to block it anyways. You can combo off of if as well if they fail to block it, too! Just use j.B>5A>5B>5C>RC>6A>6C>stuff; or you could use j.B>5A>5B>5C>TK Thor if the opponent gets hit too far for RC>6A to connect.

I don't know if this is useful or not, but hey, it's there XD. It really doesn't look like Noel is going to cross over the opponent, but she does... I think you'll have to have a bit of momentum before you jump, though... So it's best to just dash>5A>5B>jump cancel.

Please note that you have to be close enough in order for Noel to cross over the opponent when she jumps. If you're too far away, she'll just be on the same side.

J.B has crossed up like that since CT, though it worked better back then because j.B's hitbox was amazing.

well this is something i actually do often. :3 for me i usually do either a block string that can chain into 5b at max range then IAD into a j.C and it usually hits pretty much everyone who doesnt guard it. and it works on the entire cast too pretty much. the second way i do this is pretty useful to get out the corner if your opponent is free to quick wake-up tactics. you can quick wake-up into a 2A > 2A > 5B > 5C > IAD > j.C and follow up with watever you wanna do. usually the j.C connects and most seem to respect it as they tend to start blocking after it touches them and you get out for free its pretty useful.

I feel so left behind now Q__Q.

Lol, JK xD. Anyways, thanks for letting me know about more things to do with this! Sorry that it wasn't anything new ^^;.

All good, I'm sure there are some people who didn't already know this. IMO it's most useful on Tager.

I figure I should post this gimmick for the hell of it, it's not something that should be relied on, but it's a pretty decent trick when used rarely.

Two methods:

During Staggers > Jump Over opponent > Airdash back over opponent > j.4D over the other side of the opponent

or

during a blockstring or max range 5C hit > IAD over opponent > j.4D back over opponent

when used as a second option to the j.B crossup mentioned earlier, it can be a pretty decent gimmick.

I knooooooooooooooooooooooow X__X. Half the time it's better to just use j.D... But gosh, man that move is soooo goooooooood. If only they gave it just a TEENSY bit of invincibility. I'd use it way more often.