Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle

Meh, I bought the game twice and don't regret it one bit: there is little I need translated in this game, and the playerbase is already decent.

Well that's cool, but I'm not a JoJo's fan. I don't know anything about the series, and due to the celebratory nature of this game I was thinking that it would be a great entry point into the series [assuming everything is left as in tact as possible ; w; ] So I am genuinely glad I didn't import this, because due to my inability to resist anything in a giant oversized box and the fact that I REALLY like this game's OST would mean I would've wasted like some $300 :lol:

All I hope for now is a disc release and Bamco's new found generosity when ti comes to bringing over these kind of games, I'm not expecting something as extravagant as the the Japanese limited edition, but long as I get that OST I'll be all set = w=b

Well, now I don't need to import this. I think. If all the names are destroyed, appearances changed, characters removed, etc because of music references, i'll be importing the non-butchered version.

Well, now I don't need to import this. I think. If all the names are destroyed, appearances changed, characters removed, etc because of music references, i'll be importing the non-butchered version.

this

I'm pretty sure the players from the SRK thread are also lurking here, but I'm not sure if you people here are bothering to check over there. In any case the SRK thread is filled with discussions about different characters and matchups which you may be interested in. As long as there no real ASB forum I'm constantly checking both threads.

As long as there no real ASB forum I'm constantly checking both threads.

This is as close to a dedicated ASB forum as it gets, I think. That said, I got to check the SRK thread now, sounds like fun.

This is as close to a dedicated ASB forum as it gets, I think. That said, I got to check the SRK thread now, sounds like fun.

Thanks for the info. Having more sources to find the answers I have on this game is always a plus. Thank you for sharing.

Cool, pretty excited for Annasui. Still wish we got Weather Report and F.F. though... maybe for jjba:asb2 or something.

Does anybody have an idea of why this forum doesn't work anymore? I keep getting a 404 error. Did they change the url?

I think they're just having temporary difficulties. If they change the URL, I'll post the new one here.

Old Joseph, Lisa Lisa and Campaign #3 are now out on PSN.

Old Joseph does some serious damage. I got 657 after about 10 minutes of looking through his moves in Practice Mode and I'm sure he can do more once someone experiments further. Being able to restand off of a hard knockdown without needing to do taunt combos is really nice and it does a lot for his general damage output.

Old Joseph looks to have some serious potential. Easy loops with OTG grab, ability to convert backthrow to combo with OTG grab, good range, good damage, a fucking half-bar combo breaker...this old man is headed straight to the top.

Old Joseph gets about 250 damages off a backthrow for one meter, pretty damn awesome.

I'm sad he doesn't have any special quotes with Lisa Lisa.

ALSO DAT NEW JOHNNY COSTUME <3!

Old Joseph looks to have some serious potential. Easy loops with OTG grab, ability to convert backthrow to combo with OTG grab, good range, good damage, a fucking half-bar combo breaker...this old man is headed straight to the top.

i haven't checked him out - does he really have a fucking burst?

Edit: Is there a link to the SRK thread for ASB? Curious about what goes on there and I cant find it orz.

Okay so it's not a burst. Nor is it a "combo-breaker". It's a counter. Thanks for clarifying that, pete. I was really scared for a second because if CC2 was really introducing MORE bursts into the game, I'd lose all hope lol.

it's not a burst, but in a way it is a "combo-preventer." you "prime" yourself to activate a little counter thing when hit for .5 of a bar. obviously you can't do it when you're already being hit, but it will hurt the opponent when they successfully hit you, preventing them from doing more damage in many cases. you still take the damage from that hit, however. throws and certain moves(honestly can't tell what the criteria is) ignore it. I'm not sure if it has a time limit before going away...

it's not a burst, but in a way it is a "combo-preventer." you "prime" yourself to activate a little counter thing when hit for .5 of a bar. obviously you can't do it when you're already being hit, but it will hurt the opponent when they successfully hit you, preventing them from doing more damage in many cases. you still take the damage from that hit, however. throws and certain moves(honestly can't tell what the criteria is) ignore it. I'm not sure if it has a time limit before going away...

So it works like Iggy's counter? In that you do it in advance, then do whatever the hell you want, and if they hit you, you automatically burst out?

Unlike Iggy's, it doesn't knock down, so you can intentionally trade moves with it and get combos you shouldn't normally be able to, like Gyro's horse charge.

In addition, it only triggers off moves that hit your torso (like Kosaku's cushion), so a lot of characters can just ignore it.

At the moment though its still fairly silly due to the whole 'teching during recovery' thing, but if they take that out its not too big of a worry.

Bumping this thread just to post a couple of videos I uploaded earlier today.

The first one is pretty self-explanatory, but you'll probably want to read the description for the second one.

Here's the latest Weekly Shonen Jump scan, featuring Narciso Anasui (w/ Diver Down) and Vanilla Ice (w/ Cream). No specific date for their release is given, but given the trend with campaign releases we shouldn't be waiting too long.

9VhaWzn.jpg

The official website has also updated recently, adding that the new balance patch (Version 1.03) will be released on the 11th.