Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overture

The #R thread

Hey...i know im a "few" years late, but...can anyone please share some Axl #Reload combos? or a place that has some? I would be eternally grateful. :yaaay:

Been a while.. hm, let me see if I can remember the basic stuff.. Midscreen: - any combo into rensen FRC, run up, S©, JC, j,K, DJC, j.H, J.D, 623H - throw, run up, 5K, S©, JC, j.K, DJC, j.H, j.D, 623H against very light charas (or was it Jam only??) it was something like: - throw, run up, S© j.6P, 623H. B-loops were like: - rensen FRC, S©*, TK Bomber, 5K, S©, TK Bomber - throw, S©*, TK Bomber, S©, TK Bomber, 5K, S©, TK Bomber * against some charas you have to or at least should be able to start with 5K, S©. IIRC against light charas like May, Baiken, Jam, Bridget you can start your B Loop after a throw with 6K.. (or was that Slash only?) Against normal and heavy charas the trick is to catch them as high as possible and for lighter charas to catch them as low as possible (so they won’t be able to recover). IIRC you can get in one more bomber against them (but I’m not sure if after a rensen FRC or after throw or both) but you may not use 5K ort the pushback will be too big. TK Bomber could be done 9(6)23H since it had a minum height requirement. But maybe other TK inputs work as well. That was the one I was useing.. oh and B-Loops were harder to do in #R and in Slash than in AC. We once had a list but it got killed during the first "auto delete incident".. so I guess you have to try out some stuff.. btw.: His reversal (623S) was really good in that game..

B-loops were like:

- rensen FRC, S©*, TK Bomber, S©, 5K, S©, TK Bomber

What?

btw.: His reversal (623S) was really good in that game..

This belongs in the "cool hypotheticals" thread. :eng101:

@ Kobayashi Fixed the combo :psyduck: .. and well at least benten was much better with full body invincibilty and 1 frame less startup (and a tension free follow up combo on CH).. it wasn't as good as VV but still was one of the better uppercuts in the game..

@ Kobayashi

Fixed the combo :psyduck:

.. and well at least benten was much better with full body invincibilty and 1 frame less startup.

LOL..and i did tried to use it (the combo...). :psyduck:

not trying to take advantage of you guys generosity, but....Any b&b stuff?:keke:

Im new to playing with Axl.

Also...would you recommend Axl, to defeat Eddie in #Reload? :gonk:

Hm.. actually the midscreen stuff may be considered his bnb :P.. I know the FRC point of his rensen is quite hard to learn at first, but after you achieved that you have acces to his most important combos and rushdown options.

But if you ment gatling combos (all that follows is slightly adjusted stuff from the AC threads):

a.) 5K, 2D, rensen

b.) 2K, 2D, rensen

c.) 5K, S©, 2D, rensen

d.) 2K, S©, 2D, rensen

e.) 3P, 2D, rensen*

f.) (5K,) 3P, 2H, 6H

If your opponent is cornered and you don't have the tension for an FRC, you can tap 2 after the rensen for extra damage

* the trick is to tap 3P for a split second, then immediately start charging back.

Counterhit Stuff:

- 6H (CH*), K, 2D, rensen

Follow up with an rensen FRC combo if you have the tension. If you RC the 6H the instant it hits you will even be able to combo without getting the CH (but sadly it can't be hitconfirmed).

- After a whiffed rensen: tap 8 (CH on airborne opponent), run up / wait, S©, JC, j.K, DJC,j.H, j.D, j.H,623H

- 6H (CH on airborne opponent), run up, S©, JC, j.K, DJC, j.H, j.D,623H

This CH won’t happen to often. 6H has a terrible priority, so you’re more likely to be hit out in this situation.

- 623S (CH), 5P, rensen

Basic Dust Combo

- 5D, j.D, jD, j.K, j.S, j.H, j.D, 623H

Simply hold up to cancel out the recovery of the first two j.D, then simply go from gatling to gatling.

- Oh and if you succed with the 623P counter and you’re near to the corner you can run up and follow up with with a b-loop starting with 5K, S©, TK Bomber.. If you’re not near enough fort hat just go for a rensen.

For pressure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfII_YDoUDQ

This is pretty basic but may be just the stuff you need if youre completely new: For #R you can use all the stuff that does not need the 2hit chains.

- No 2P pressure (since the pushback is usually to big), exept 2P, rensen if you already have the charge ready

- The j.S stuff doesn’t work as well as well as the feint stuff.

- From the short oki part the only thing you can use are the 3P stuff and the 5K bait

Btw.: Are you playing online with the PC version or why are you interessted in #R stuff?

:gonk: Thats B&B? I can do the FRC just fine...i didnt knew it had some use tho...im so used to play with bridget, i guess. Uhmm...#Reload is what i play...I havent played any other. :sweat: Thats why... And...THANK YOU VERY MUCH.:keke:

btw.: His reversal (623S) was really good in that game..

Not to mention his 214P counter, which deals close to 25% on Chipp.

Midscreen:

- any combo into rensen FRC, run up, S©, JC, j,K, DJC, j.H, J.D, 623H

does DjC actually stands for "jump Dust-> jump cancel" ? If so, I don't remind Axl being able to jC his j.D !

What's the point of 2bl jumping ? I know it won't be used after so it's a mess to throw it away but... Does it make the Bomber hitting from lower in order to b-loop in a corner ? Note : the "trow away" part is a joke eh ^^

After a throw, 6+K, TK Bomber is a nice start-up for high damaging B-loop ^^ Also in the corner : Raieisageki S-> RC-> j.HS-> and then... if it crossed (getting him out of the corner) : c.S-> j,K-> JC-> j.H, J.D, 623H if not (still in the corner) : 6+K-> TK Bomber-> c.S-> TK Bomber-> (5+K,)c.S-> TK Bomber yeah it's good old reload, and so what ? A lot play it on netplay ^^ Too few good Axl there though... So I give them tips here ^^

To shoto and everyone else who answered (and made this thread, I just wanna say one thing: You rock! Thank you so much. Ive been kicking people's asses at my local arcade (which only has #Reload) with Axl.. He is awesome, and does grate damage. Again, thank you.

Ah, after a long time of watching through this site, I've finally decided to join this friendly comunity.

I'm new to the site, and probably not very new to Guilty Gear. Probably like 5 months XD, I can remember when I firstly did a overdrive, it was after 1 month of playing with a couple of friends. But with time passing I started to do a lot of things with every character. A bit of everything, but something was in that Axl that I liked and decided to favorite him, not main tho. But 3 weeks ago, I decided to main him and concentrate 90% on him, that's after I joined a GG website of one of my friend(in russian language), there was a tournament I got in the second part of the tournament. And I screwd it to S Eddie and a drunken Sol user, Only doing that volcanic bull shit as I like to call his moves lol.

Now, i know that could've been avoided if I will main 1 character. I decided Axl, I started to freakish watch combo video witch inspired me(Like reckless, and a combo video of ForestBlazer, witch is a member of your site.) Then I started to FRC, it was like totally random, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. And I couldn't pull a combo without mastering FRC, beside from that, took me 2 weeks to understand how to do a combo involving rensen(I think this is how it is called).

I am a #R user, I will probably move to AC+ when I will have a PS2 XD.

I wanted to join the site because I also need help with learning stuffs.

If you could be so kind I want someone to guide me in a few things.

1.The name of every Axl moves.

2.The standing for every short cut, like FRC(Force/False roman cancel)

3.A FRC guide, I rememeber Digital Watches once said that there is a FRC section, but I couldn't find it.

4.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keps35pBmKI 0:47, how to do that, I just don't understand, if I remember that's TK Bomber in a Jump Install. Can someone explain me how to do it?

My apologies if I posted in the wrong place, this looks more like an Introduction, but I was talking about #R didn't I eh XD/

1. The Frame data is good for that. It's in the guide section listed at the top of Dustloop. 2. Er. What do you mean? 3. Also frame data, but not for #R, unfortunately. But it doesn't matter really. The only important one in #R is Rensen, and you have to just learn that from muscle memory eventually anyway. 4. Nah, it's nothing that complicated. Just TK bomber, meaning do the bomber motion (623) on the ground, then input 8 (up), then wait a little because it has a minimum height (Wait, did it still in #R? I'm almost sure it did.), then hit the button (HS). Lots of different motions to optimize this exist. You can try 6239 (What I just explained, basically), or 9623 (A little less intuitive, since you're not buffering it, but still pretty easy), 6321473 (My favorite for 2P side bombers in AC, but probably a bit more complex than you need.), or even 6923 (the simplest, which I used back then, but it's a little weird to think about it that way.) Basically, if you ever want real damage with Axl, you'll need to learn to do this anyway, as in #R, Bomber loops required you to TKB. I don't remember if (2S-6K-TKB)xN was the optimal loop in #R, but it was in Slash. If not, just do (c.S-TKB)xN.

Thanks for the info, and for 2. I ment.. let's say c.S, what does it stands for? And not only for this, but in general for everything, just so I will not get confused ^^ Big thanks anyway, I will practice. And what's better, a Keyboard, Gamepad or a joystick witch is some what similar to a stick. I think that it depends on that person, everyone is sort of unique XD. I'm a keyboard user.

Thanks for the info, and for 2. I ment.. let's say c.S, what does it stands for? And not only for this, but in general for everything, just so I will not get confused ^^

Big thanks anyway, I will practice.

And what's better, a Keyboard, Gamepad or a joystick witch is some what similar to a stick.

I think that it depends on that person, everyone is sort of unique XD. I'm a keyboard user.

http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/data/conv.html

Your best option is an arcade stick, but if you don't have access to one, GG can be played fairly well on a gamepad. Playing on a keyboard is very hard, and if you're talking about a flight simulator-style joystick like I think you are, good luck.

Of course, the best way to play is to use a DDR pad. :toot:

Of course, the best way to play is to use a DDR pad. :toot:

Stolen from aquas but truth. Good luck inputing 632146 on that.

Ah, how could I've forgotten. I forgot to thank you guys for everything. Now I have succes with Axl, FRC is a piece of cake and the bomber i couldn't do is like a Childrens random pressing for me now. Looking at the old combo videos i used to watch is way too boring for me, even the Reckless combo video. Anyways, now i'm practicing Ant-airs and such. I just came by for a thank you.

I recently watched this OLD video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFIzck5QkyM

The Axl player does some pretty cool things that haven't been talked about in this thread yet.

B-loop set-ups:

-Rensen FRC, 6P, S©, 9623H

-2S on mid-air opponent, JC, j.6P, j.623H

-Throw, run forward, 5K, 2S, 6K, JC, j.D, j.623H

-CH 5H on mid-air opponent, 6P, S©, 9623H

And then after those he would do

-2S, 6K, 9623H or just the usual 5K, S©, 9623H.

So, what are the advantages of doing these instead of the stuff talked about on the first page? Besides the slight increase in damage, of course.